• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Final predictions!

• GOAT

Votes: 131 8.4%
  • 95-99

Votes: 63 4.0%
  • 90-94 (As good as Bloodborne and Dark Souls 2)

Votes: 680 43.4%
  • 85-90 (As good as Dark Souls, Dark Souls 3 & Demon's Souls)

Votes: 598 38.2%
  • Below 85

Votes: 94 6.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Considering how drastic the combat has changed from the souls/bloodborne series, difficulty will probably be harder to gauge and differ from person to person, coming from Souls fans.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Just beat the game with a Dualshock 4 using my feet. Can confirm it's easier than Souls. Probably on par with Kingdom Hearts III standard difficulty

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Skimming through the thread, I'm seeing tweets from people who'll post their reviews... but I heard Digital Foundry hasn't even received a copy.

Any word if a technical analysis is underway?

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
Very odd to see all these "review in progress" articles. Tells me review copies likely didn't go out early enough.

Karak are you reviewing this one? Please say yes. If so, when did you get a copy?

Jonneh are you guys reviewing this game too? I know you've started doing more than just Nintendo games.
I wish, Activision didn't send us a code

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
i just want to say that i love everyone who voted for GOAT

from stay winnin, always bet on miyazaki

ZangBa

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't have much interest in this but I'm impulsive and hate myself, so I'm going to preload it today. I'll just skip MK11 instead since I hate their roster and DLC practices.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
FROMSOFT Is probably the only studio that can announce a game and I preorder Instantly with no hesitation.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Like half of Demons Souls' bosses are cinematic puzzle fights. One of them literally gives you a weapon you need to beat it in like 5 hits and then they repeated it in Dark Souls 3. It's not particularly hard compared to BB or DS3 and yet a lot of Souls fans still regard it as one of the better entries because it's so goddamn memorable.

That's what Miyazaki is after - crafting a memorable experience. Not forcing players to git gud.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Blessed From. Please don't do any more exclusives. Everyone deserves to play these games.

Peradam

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Jan 11, 2018
But the game shows you which attacks you should avoid and which you should parry. If you just follow the signs you'll win. It's ridicilious to say that the bull fight is unfair, because he tried to evade its attacks although you can deflect them. Actually you can just evade all of its attacks. Of course the animation can still hit you, but I wouldn't call that unfair.
I didn't read the review, just your comment with the quote included, and specifically only wanted to highlight that some of the Danger attacks can be deflected.

If the game does indeed show you which of those should be avoided altogether, then obviously the reviewer is at fault here. And of course, if deflecting isn't working out for him, just avoid them all for safe measure.

Pillock

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
Fr a second I though you meant this...

Saboteur_-_1986_-_Durell_Software_Ltd..jpg

Saboteur on the Spectrum 48K

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Loving these impressions from the full-game. Between RE2, DMC5 and Sekiro, my PS4 is going to get a lot of use once I get a new TV.
Praise the Rising Sun!

-Amon-

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I want to go with Japanese audio and subtitles.

Is subtitles fonts big enough / customizable ?

Jul 20, 2018
Like half of Demons Souls' bosses are cinematic puzzle fights. One of them literally gives you a weapon you need to beat it in like 5 hits and then they repeated it in Dark Souls 3. It's not particularly hard compared to BB or DS3 and yet a lot of Souls fans still regard it as one of the better entries because it's so goddamn memorable.

That's what Miyazaki is after - crafting a memorable experience. Not forcing players to git gud.

Storm King will always be one of my favorite bosses. I wish they had repeated the gimmick MORE faithfully and done it during King of the Storm, having you blast smaller drakes out of the sky while dealing with the big one. Oh well.

Mar 29, 2018
Preach, sibling

Things are hidden and obtuse because realising things for yourself - not reading them on a wiki or asking questions on a forum - is so memorable and makes you really feel like you're on a journey that you'll never forget

Cascadero

Nov 8, 2017
Reading these reviews makes me super excited to play Sekiro this weekend. Sounds like a tough challenge though!