• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
I am not really following the previews(on a blackout) so I am sorry if it has already been discussed but is Activision not gonna send out advanced review copies? Why?

https://metro.co.uk/2019/03/06/sekiro-shadows-die-twice-hands-on-preview-souls-of-the-ninja-8839745/

Has any other preview mentioned this? Doesn't this contradict what Shirrako said about having a full playthrough of the game on his channel a day before release? Or I guess he's getting an early copy through other means and footage will be allowed?

Oct 26, 2017
Guys, did any preview or video give any details about what we will get for X and Pro? Will it be 4K or close to it, any meni

Acewon

Oct 2, 2018
The game seems great and im a huge souls fan(Bloodborne is my only platinum) but the fact that its supposedly harder then the souls games makes me a bit worried. I just dont think i have it in me anymore to come home from work and grind away at a boss or hard area for hours.

Im still going to get it if its good tough.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Can you not HDMI cable your PC to your TV? I'm going for PC myself (already pre-ordered) since my gaming laptop is only a few meters away from the TV. :)

I've got a desktop computer but I'd need to run a ridiculous amount of cable and also figure out a solution for controllers, it's just not really worth it.

Zemst

Oct 27, 2017
There it is for all you guide lovers.

Amazon link https://www.amazon.com/dp/386993094...8g0_uDb93ZVEGKd7xuxZmB2jKixYMQQQ72_EDeKviHsvE

53535810_10156987479061163_3110912423867973632_n.jpg
Yesss was wondering what took them so long.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
I've got a desktop computer but I'd need to run a ridiculous amount of cable and also figure out a solution for controllers, it's just not really worth it.

Ah. Controllers wouldn't be an issue - the Steam Controller API will let you use your DS4s with DS4 prompts on screen - but the cable is more problematic. :(

Rat King

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
It seems From finally got tired of those pussies who hid behind a shield and chugged estus like there was no tomorrow and said "fuck it." Bloodborne was already a step in that direction and this seems to consolidate further that stance.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
What people are saying about the world after just a few hours is 100℅ what I wanted and expected to hear about a Miyazaki game. Also these GIFs. Hype is spilling over and starting to pool beneath me.

Deleted member 11069

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dumb question, could I just turn OFF my ps4 quickly after the second death to NOT get more rot into the world?
This should be deemed a spoiler surely? I'm not terribly bothered; just flagging it.
Sorry, I read the Gamespot article from OP and it talked about it. Seems like something I would want to know before playing but I can put spoiler marks up.

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's the point of making the game harder and punish the player for dying with the Dragonrot mechanic?
This will push away a lot of players from buying this, including die hard Souls fans.

Not really. Sounds similar to world tendency from Demon's Souls. It's a risk reward mechanic. You might be able to get a stealth kill by reviving on something you had whittled down but dying comes the risk of dragonrot. It's up to you to take the chance.

I played the entirety of DeS my first time through in hollow form (die in the nexus) for the pure white tendency which brought a half health reduction but really served me well when I tried a pure black tendency playthrough (and every FS game since). If you fight against the mechanic then you are going to likely have a bad time but embrace it and find how it works and it's a lot of fun. I really enjoyed tendency because each playthrough could be different with different secrets and interactions.

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
I just need to know if the game support Pro or x, and what's the specs.

We already know the PC specs. As for Xbox One X and PS4 Pro, both are listed as supported. We just don't anything regarding the framerate or resolution.
Dumb question, could I just turn OFF my ps4 quickly after the second death to NOT get more rot into the world?

Likely not. If it's like all other From games, the second you die, it saves.

I am not really following the previews(on a blackout) so I am sorry if it has already been discussed but is Activision not gonna send out advanced review copies? Why?

https://metro.co.uk/2019/03/06/sekiro-shadows-die-twice-hands-on-preview-souls-of-the-ninja-8839745/

Interesting. I was already speaking with PR (NA) for a review code and they didn't say anything like this. I also highly doubt Activision won't send codes to the big YouTubers and Steamers. If they do and not press, we're going to hear it agian.

Last edited:

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
I've already planned how Friday March 22nd is gonna go down.

At about 11:00PM on the 21st, I'm going to break open a bottle of single malt Glennfiddich 12; I'm gonna pour me a glass, straight, and I'm going to sit in front of my TV waiting for the game to unlock.

Then I'm going to play until I pass out from the exhaustion.
I'll see that and raise you my March 21st:

I'm going to go to my favorite Japanese restaurant called Fuji, get a couple of Spicy Tuna rolls and drink some Saké and then go home and binge -watch Samurai/Ninja movies such as 13 Assassins, Blade Of The Immortal, Revenge Of The Ninja and The Last Samurai and if my Collector's Edition comes in that same day, I'll start playing - if not, I'll play it the next day ;)

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
My hype is through the roof after watching that Vaati video. I need it. We get the 22nd off here, so that's fucking rad and works out perfectly.

crespo

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so torn on whether to get this on PC or Pro now. I enjoyed Dark Souls 3 on PC but even with a lower framerate, these games are just so much more epic in the living room at night on a big TV.

Hope there's a breakdown that shows at least consistent performance on the Pro.
Perks of having my gaming PC in my living room :D

blinky

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So no online play at all? It certainly raises the stakes if you can't fall back on co-op for a boss that you just want to get past.

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Will buy that guide as soon as it's on Amazon UK. Love the Future Press guides and this one looks particularly meaty.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
The level design in this game looks insane. I think that's a big thing missing from lot's of action games. I can't think of any devs that come close to From in this space.

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017

Res

Oct 25, 2017
There is a miniboss in the end that I haven't seen in other previews. Looks like he could fit in dark souls, based on his armor and sword

BigBluePig

Jul 5, 2018
Dragon Rot sounds interesting and all, but man am I loving the sound of the revival system. It's gonna be fun to pop back to life and backstab a guy.

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, I forgot this was coming out so soon!

Need to decide if I want to go PS4 (regular) or PC. Anyone have any info on how it runs on PC?