• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jul 20, 2018
Yep, it started out fun enough, I was enjoying it, but I just saw it getting repetitive, I one-shot a couple of bosses easily, and the parts that are punishing are so in way that feels cheap, as opposed to From's "clever".

Also the micromanagement is tiring, as someone else just said. It was fun for a couple weeks or so (was playing it pretty casually alongside Apex), but the stuff that grabbed me at first just didn't have that hold on me that From's stuff has. I know it's asking too much, but I just got disinterested, I guess.

Didn't want to rip it apart too much, as I did enjoy my time with it. Hopefully you can enjoy it until Sekiro *DROOL*

I actually love the cutscene so far. Cat clock and shiba inus in love FTW.

SyFvvbR.gif

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
Last edited:

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I am not really following the previews(on a blackout) so I am sorry if it has already been discussed but is Activision not gonna send out advanced review copies? Why?
That's a bit concerning.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/03/06/sekiro-shadows-die-twice-hands-on-preview-souls-of-the-ninja-8839745/
They want to keep those spoilers under wraps.

From doesn't want folks knowing that they snatched up Junji Ito to work with them after Silent Hills got canceled.

Oct 25, 2017
I am not really following the previews(on a blackout) so I am sorry if it has already been discussed but is Activision not gonna send out advanced review copies? Why?
That's a bit concerning.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/03/06/sekiro-shadows-die-twice-hands-on-preview-souls-of-the-ninja-8839745/

Not to be blunt but this is a Miyazaki game fully developed from start to finish by him and the excellent team at From software.

Given the previews today, I feel like you really have to reach to have concerns about this game.

They want to keep those spoilers under wraps.

From doesn't want folks knowing that they snatched up Junji Ito to work with them after Silent Hills got canceled.

And this

Deleted member 2595

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm mostly on blackout but from the little I've seen, this looks like a Souls game without the RPG elements. Obviously not exactly. It's faster paced like Bloodborne is but it's not exactly Ninja Gaiden like I've heard it described as. I'm not complaining though. It looks incredible.
It's a mix between Ninja Gaiden, Bloodborne and Tenchu I'd say. The new mobility options, lack of stamina, stealth options and ninja weapons and skills make it pretty different from Souls. The grappling hook stuff is wonderful.
It started life as a Tenchu game - so more pure stealth/ninja action.

Morphed and developed into its own thing, probably with the addition of Soulsborney elements, and they changed it into "Sekiro".

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
That's a bit concerning.

Are we getting second ''Are you worried about Sekiro?'' thread soon? lmao

There it is for all you guide lovers.

53535810_10156987479061163_3110912423867973632_n.jpg

Dammit, this game is going to be pricey for me with CE and stuff, but i need this shit!

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
Not to be blunt but this is a Miyazaki game fully developed from start to finish by him and the excellent team at From software.

Given the previews today, I feel like you really have to reach to have concerns about this game.

And this
Are we getting second ''Are you worried about Sekiro?'' thread soon? lmao

Should've worded it more properly. Concerned as in that this doesn't happen often. Will edit it out now.
If they have said that they are doing it to avoid spoilers then I am all for it. Fromsoft has yet to disappoint me so I am sure game will be great.
And again as I said I am not really following the previews.

serdarkny

Nov 10, 2018
I absolutely doubt that has anything to do with the quality of the game. Activision being weird... Maybe Activision being cool because they don't want those spoilers out there ??

Oct 27, 2017
Finally a Sekiro thread getting the love it deserves. I guess now that there is more footage, skeptical Souls fans are hopping on board.

JudgmentJay

Nov 14, 2017
Texas
I love how calm the hub and early areas of the game are outside of combat. The ambient wind, gently falling snow, and picturesque vistas create a really relaxing atmosphere. I can't wait to explore that world.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
Yep, it started out fun enough, I was enjoying it, but I just saw it getting repetitive, I one-shot a couple of bosses easily, and the parts that are punishing are so in way that feels cheap, as opposed to From's "clever".

Also the micromanagement is tiring, as someone else just said. It was fun for a couple weeks or so (was playing it pretty casually alongside Apex), but the stuff that grabbed me at first just didn't have that hold on me that From's stuff has. I know it's asking too much, but I just got disinterested, I guess.

Didn't want to rip it apart too much, as I did enjoy my time with it. Hopefully you can enjoy it until Sekiro *DROOL*

Agreed, but it'll do the job until Sekiro is here. :)

Oct 26, 2017
Sekiro is brutal, beautiful and From's friendliest game yet, according to Polygon. They also say, Immensely challenging but approachable, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice feels spectacular.

That sounds damn good to me. Didn't read the preview, will do tomorrow probably, but sounds like it's more approachable than Souls, yet still very challenging.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017

Based on one of the elements revealed in the Easy Allies preview, I assume they really want to keep the extent of it under wraps. I'm talking about the
time travel.

Also, all of the little NPC stories sound rad as fuck, and their designs are typical FromSoft elegance (Emma's is so simple, but striking):

gQkH4Dr.jpg

OP
OP
Masagiwa

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Has anyone seen any footage or heard anything about hud options. Can we hide enemy alert markers? I really hope so.

doodlebob

Mar 11, 2018
I really want them to show something really out there or supernatural in the footage. There still hasn't been much of that. Japanese mythology is too good to let it go to waste.

Peradam

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Jan 11, 2018
Dumb question, could I just turn OFF my ps4 quickly after the second death to NOT get more rot into the world?
Doesn't it count when you resurrect? In other words, select "die" and don't resurrect if you don't want more rot. That's how I understood it, at least.

DirtCase

Oct 29, 2017
I may be off point here but this gives me onimusha + ninja garden + bloodborne vibes... and I love it.

I will miss cooping a Fromsoftware title.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I'm so torn on whether to get this on PC or Pro now. I enjoyed Dark Souls 3 on PC but even with a lower framerate, these games are just so much more epic in the living room at night on a big TV.

Hope there's a breakdown that shows at least consistent performance on the Pro.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so torn on whether to get this on PC or Pro now. I enjoyed Dark Souls 3 on PC but even with a lower framerate, these games are just so much more epic in the living room at night on a big TV.

Hope there's a breakdown that shows at least consistent performance on the Pro.

Can you not HDMI cable your PC to your TV? I'm going for PC myself (already pre-ordered) since my gaming laptop is only a few meters away from the TV. :)