• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Dec 6, 2017
US
So I busted out the original PS1 Tenchu last night for an hour or so just because well, Sekiro, and I truly hope some OST tracks here take hints from that. Still one of my favorite game soundtracks ever, it's utterly fantastic and moody.

I hope not all Sekiro tracks are "big, dark orchestra" but lean into the more melancholic folklore side of things to go with the seasons and weather of its world as well here and there. From had increasingly phased out the more eccentric, quirky and understated side of the Souls soundtracks and arrived at full semi-Hollywood in DS3 which, while objectively great music, I wasn't really into. Just hoping Sekiro doesn't go the same route.

ToKre

Mar 11, 2018
i need to fix my sleeping schedule for the unlock time but we've yet to know the unlock time for steam
ffs just tell us when.
-
hopefully we get tracks on par with sir alonne theme that one is a master piece.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
So I busted out the original PS1 Tenchu last night for an hour or so just because well, Sekiro, and I truly hope some OST tracks here take hints from that. Still one of my favorite game soundtracks ever, it's utterly fantastic and moody.

I hope not all Sekiro tracks are "big, dark orchestra" but lean into the more melancholic folklore side of things to go with the seasons and weather of its world as well here and there. From had increasingly phased out the more eccentric, quirky and understated side of the Souls soundtracks and arrived at full semi-Hollywood in DS3 which, while objectively great music, I wasn't really into. Just hoping Sekiro doesn't go the same route.
Original Tenchu's music was so good. One of the first soundtracks I can remember wanting on it's own from a game. I loved it.

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
He's really been taken with the exploration/rewards so far. Everything feels very cohesive, and it's his favorite interconnected world of the bunch by far. A lot of surprises in store apparently.
I will have a heart attack from hype playing Sekiro if it has better level design than 1st half of Dark Souls 1. Its level design plays a huge role in what makes it my favourite game of all time.

Dec 6, 2017
US
Noticed that auto hide hud is in, cool.

Are there any further HUD options or just auto-hide and that's it? Can we turn off separate parts? Sorry, not sure if you've played it or just saw it somewhere but figured I should ask.

Original Tenchu's music was so good. One of the first soundtracks I can remember wanting on it's own from a game. I loved it.

Playing it last night, the soundtrack stands out even more now for how avantgarde it was musically. Remember the forest/caves level? That track was amazing.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
This is dropping on a terrible day for me but at least it isn't not dropping on the day they are installing fiber at my place, thankfully they pushed that to before the game releases. Hope nothing goes wrong and I still have the internet on release day :/

Oct 27, 2017
Are there any further HUD options or just auto-hide and that's it? Can we turn off separate parts? Sorry, not sure if you've played it or just saw it somewhere but figured I should ask.

Playing it last night, the soundtrack stands out even more now for how avantgarde it was musically. Remember the forest/caves level? That track was amazing.
Just watched from a German stream. Guy didn't change a thing, don't know the other options.

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I wish we had a separate thread for mechanics spoilers vs content spoilers. I want concrete info on things like the death mechanics and dragonrot, but I'm also desperately avoiding info on areas/enemies/bosses.

Dec 6, 2017
US
Search Sekiro on twitch. You should find them.

I just popped in for about 15 seconds and had to slap myself on the hand and stop, I'm so weak right now.

That being said, yeah no shit, those stupid white object markers are even on sculptor idols (is that the name?), NPCs and any points of interest. I really hope we can turn this crap off without having to disable the entire damn HUD.

Coi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So, it looks like the frame rate on base PS4 "it's not that nice", said the reddit user.
Also patch 1.01 confirmed at install.

OP
OP
Masagiwa

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
I wish we had a separate thread for mechanics spoilers vs content spoilers. I want concrete info on things like the death mechanics and dragonrot, but I'm also desperately avoiding info on areas/enemies/bosses.

Don't worry OT is coming to discuss that kind of stuff.

I just popped in for about 15 seconds and had to slap myself on the hand and stop, I'm so weak right now.

That being said, yeah no shit, those stupid white object markers are even on sculptor idols (is that the name?), NPCs and any points of interest. I really hope we can turn this crap off without having to disable the entire damn HUD.

I tired to get him to look in the HUD options. He wasn't reading chat and now the stream got taken down.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Copies out in the wild. Streams live. Now is the time to be strong. I don't get it until Friday and can't play until Sunday. Oh, Umbasa!

Tommyguns

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Need some Xbox one X impressions! Still deciding between that or the Pro version.

At this rate I'm going with whatever looks better/has better performance

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017

I do. It was incredible stuff.

OP
OP
Masagiwa

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
He on YT now since he got banned on Twitch. Search SEKIRO Deutsch and live channels. Don't want to link it in case someone accidentally hits the link.

Wolf of Yharnam

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuuuuuuuuck. I could get it today, but I'd have to drive 90 mins to get there and 90 mins back. And I'd have to overpay massively. And I'd have to get it for the PS4 (only have the standard PS4 too) while I wanted to play it on PC.

Nah, I'm not doing it. Gotta stay strong