• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Masagiwa

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
How many different preview events were there? Elajjaz and MichiRage streamed it on Saturday from Stockholm, EpicNameBro and several others were in New York for an event and now this Japan event? Damn they're going all out for the marketing and streamer access, I already know I want this but damn.

You mentioned all the ones I've heard about. That Activision money is being put to good use.

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What if it's a dramatic duel with a wooden bridge? It is From we're talking about.

giphy-1-1.gif

Hey, why not. A grotesque looking bridge, though.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice |OT| Tis But a Scratch

I just love the atmosphere of FROMs games so much. Getting to the next area to see how it looks is such a strong motivator and reward for me to keep going!

Agreed! Their concept artists and designers are incredible. The way theyre able to bring a unique 2D design to life in a 3D game world is unmatched in the industry. Can't wait till wedneday. I must see just a bit more.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
giphy-1-1.gif

Hey, why not. A grotesque looking bridge, though.

Player: Oh look - is that the silhouette of a badass samurai wreathed in mountain mist upon a wooden bridge? Am I about to have the duel of my life?!

The mist is created by the bridge to hide in; the samurai is nothing more than a weird horn on the bridge's back to attract prey; and the bridge itself is actually a monstrous and mournful centipede clad in wooden armour that pretends to be a bridge.

549487_1.jpg

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice |OT| Tis But a Scratch

Agreed! Their concept artists and designers are incredible. The way theyre able to bring a unique 2D design to life in a 3D game world is unmatched in the industry. Can't wait till wedneday. I must see just a bit more.

Yeap,the art direction in the souls games is amazing. Won't be any different here and I'm glad they are only showing one area of the game. Although this might hurt the WOW factor for newcomers,old fans will enjoy the game even more

Voodoowoolf

Oct 31, 2017
so hyped for this game! Bloodborne was my first From game and is one of my favourite games of all time along with MGS3 and RE4. Sekiro has got me so gasssssseddddd!

Feb 2, 2019
Only game I'll buy this year and went full spoiler blind. There's only one thing I must know : the environment felt really samey in the first reveal. Have we seen different settings ? (without linking me a spoiler video, of course).

GOOCHY

Oct 29, 2017
This is my most anticipated game of the year. It's going to be great. I just know it.

Jul 20, 2018
Only game I'll buy this year and went full spoiler blind. There's only one thing I must know : the environment felt really samey in the first reveal. Have we seen different settings ? (without linking me a spoiler video, of course).

We really haven't seen much that looks distinctly different from the areas shown in the reveal trailer. Just some interiors and a very brief shot of a greener wooded area.

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I really wonder what's stopping players from beating minibosses by using a sneak attack, then hiding, and then doing it again. Maybe they're given increased awareness after the initial stealth execution?

Oct 25, 2017
I really wonder what's stopping players from beating minibosses by using a sneak attack, then hiding, and then doing it again. Maybe they're given increased awareness after the initial stealth execution?

Probably nothing. But is that really how someone would want to play the game?

And that would never work against bosses so there's that as well.

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Planning on getting this for PC as I am wary of HUD burn-in on my OLED.

What quality PC port should I be expecting? Haven't played any of the Souls games on PC.

OP
OP
Masagiwa

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
They have been demoing the game in Japan on PS4 pro's but unfortunately it's the same 7 month old build from Gamescom. Impressions from that demo has been mixed on consoles from "it feels very smooth on PRO" to "it dips a bit when there's a lot going on".

Oct 26, 2017
Understandable. From what Lobos mentioned it doesn't seem to be very heavy in the spoiler department at least. Mostly discussing systems/mechanics which is the part I thought was lacking from all the coverage we've seen.

This kinda sounds like it's the Hirata Estates? Thankfully. Maybe we'll get to see the Lady Butterfly fight in its entirety and other stuff the GI coverage talked about but didn't show.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
The umbrella shield from the reveal trailer reminds me of the umbrella weapons from Shadow (new movie from the director of Hero)

eCSuX7W.gif

4WhXTDvl.jpg

Do we know if there will be more prosthetics beside the flame one, shuriken, axe, spear, and umbrella?

Also, I got to reiterate how amazing the combat looks. As much I loved Bloodborne's combat, the blow-for-blow blade-locking intimacy of the fighting looks so satisfying. It captures that essence of samurai film combat but through From's lens.

Last edited:

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm sure it'll be like Red/Blue Dragon from Demon's Souls, a hazard boss that you can kill with enough time/resources, but not something really meant to be "fought."
Then again, the Great Ape and Great Centipede seem to be traditional bosses, so who knows.

Also, sliding skill confirmed?