• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
So any bets on when this becomes an Epic store exclusive? No purchase for me if that happens.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
does anyone know if it runs at 60 fps on ps4 pro? Currently hesitating to pick it on my PC or console (of course the PC version will probably be better, but if i can have it with a nice boxart on my ps4 i would pick that)

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
does anyone know if it runs at 60 fps on ps4 pro? Currently hesitating to pick it on my PC or console (of course the PC version will probably be better, but if i can have it with a nice boxart on my ps4 i would pick that)

It's a FS game.

The best case that's gonna be on the pro is unlocked framerate that hovers between mid 40s like DS3.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
If you want box-art, there's a PC boxed copy. Comes with a code, but you get your box-art.

nah, it's either all digital on PC, or a ps4-switch collection! Fits better in my shelf (yeah it's dumb, but it's not that important, if the PC version runs better i'll obviously pick it on PC, like i picked RE2 on PC just for the mouse+keyboard, gameplay is still more important than my shelf, lol)

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
So any bets on when this becomes an Epic store exclusive? No purchase for me if that happens.
Feels like it is only a matter of time for the announcement. When a game does not show up on legitimate key sites despite nearing release then you know what is coming next. The Steam Spy guy was circling around Sekiro too when the Metro thing went down.

Another possibility is the two or three way publishing split this game has. Acti doing the western release, From partnered with some company called CubeJoy for the Asian region and persumably From handling the Japan PC release could explain why no key sites have this game up for sale yet. Fingers crossed but it is not looking good imo.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Probably one or two weeks before release. Epic's strategy seems to be to piss off as much pc gamers as possible.
Even though I have an Instant Gaming pre-order, I also preordered it directly via Steam just in case that happens and my key magically turns into an Epic store key. If that happens I'll cancel the Instant Gaming pre-order, if it doesn't I'll cancel the Steam one.

The fact that this is an actual fear I have because Epic has set the precedent shows how awful Epic's moneyhatting is for the consumer.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Man you guys are making me worried about it too ugh. We dont' even know Epic would do that, but like, I'm already anxious. This isn't how you make people like your new platform, Epic....

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
The fact that this is an actual fear I have because Epic has set the precedent shows how awful Epic's moneyhatting is for the consumer.
Only reason why I have it preordered on steam. Preordered metro just on time too.
Smh..we have to worry about things like this now

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
Man, if I wasn't getting the physical almost for free thanks to GCU + Best Buy reward certs, I'd grab it on Steam right now. I'm getting worried...

Mar 29, 2018
Pleasantly low, my rig will handle this easily. PC it is.

A game being small in filesize is legit an incentive to buy it now, at least for me.
In 5-10 years I reckon there'll be almost no games with small file sizes. It's a march of progress thing. Even small indie games now are a few gigs, in my experience.

Notwithstanding some kind of major compression breakthrough (quantum computers? who knows)

Jul 20, 2018
Miyazaki's first new IP in 4 years is next month! Can't wait!!!

WastefulTameDorado.gif

NaughtyMarvelousIchthyosaurs.gif

Déraciné came out just a few months ago. It's weird how people just pretend it doesn't exist.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Pleasantly surprised even the recommended requirements are fairly low. Shouldn't have any problems playing it with my old warhorse.
Miyazaki's first new IP in 4 years is next month! Can't wait!!!
Isn't that bit inaccurate? Wasn't Déraciné new IP too? It's directed by Miyazaki and released late of last year.
Probably no one heard of it and it wasn't very good
Not big fans of Miyazaki and FromSoftware then probably.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DaS3 performed well and looked spectacular. Will go with the PC version if the PS4 Pro version is 30 FPS.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
I hope not, so far the new trailer had the STEAM logo, hopefully it stays that way.

After Metro, nothing can be considered safe. That exclusivity deal hit just two weeks before release and after months of Steam pre-orders both on and outside of Steam itself.

Edit: That said, Epic has thus far shown exactly zero interest in Japanese games, and as the PC version is being distributed by a few different companies, locking down a worldwide exclusivity deal would be difficult (something tells me it wouldn't settle for region-specific exclusivity).

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
My body is ready to get tortured again by FS
We can hope!

Bloodborne is my favorite game but I thought it was a tad too easy before the DLC. I want Sekiro to kick my ass.

After Metro, nothing can be considered safe. That exclusivity deal hit just two weeks before release and after months of Steam pre-orders both on and outside of Steam itself.
What worries me is patch support. If the Epic version is considered the "main" PC build, what if patches start to get delayed on Steam, or even not come at all, considering this is a single-player game and it's not like it absolutely needs any small balancing changes.

H4zeVentura

Alt-Account
Banned
Dec 28, 2018
We can hope!

Bloodborne is my favorite game but I thought it was a tad too easy before the DLC. I want Sekiro to kick my ass.

What worries me is patch support. If the Epic version is considered the "main" PC build, what if patches start to get delayed on Steam, or even not come at all, considering this is a single-player game and it's not like it absolutely needs any small balancing changes.

I am totaly there with you. But all we can do is hope now, I guess.
Maybe we will get some new information about this topic soon.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Yep. That's why I won't cancel my Steam preorder until a day before launch at the earliest. Or when Instant Gaming sends me the key.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia

For what it's worth, Deep Silver has said that won't happen:

FAQ said:

Butterworth

Alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2019
4K Recommended Operating Environment
CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K / AMD Ryzen 2700X
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti / AMD Radeon Vega 64
RAM: 16 GB
Hard disk capacity: 25 GB or more
DirectX: 11
Sound card: DirectX 11 sound device

Source the Japanese Sekiro site

https://www.sekiro.jp/news_detail_190208_01.html

Quite a big core/thread jump from recommended, which is why it's no doubt overkill.

I'd be shocked if this scales past 8 threads, and adding in the fact that From's games have been capped to 60, I'm sure an overclocked 4 core CPU would be fine.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
That's actually pretty cool! I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure this isn't always the case with GOG/Steam games, so this is great news. Hopefully Activision can do the same if they go that route.

Yeah, the issue with GOG is that while developers can deploy patches instantly through Galaxy, the offline installer side of things is out of their hands as that's still managed by CDPR.

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, surprisingly modest specs. My aging and struggling 4690K/380X might not shit itself. REmake 2 didn't run that bad either, which makes it easier to hold off upgrading until at least Navi and next gen Ryzen.

3bdelilah

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
4670K / 280X here. Seems like I should be doing reasonably well, I'm exciteeed

meadowdrone

Oct 27, 2017
UK
4K Recommended Operating Environment
CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K / AMD Ryzen 2700X
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti / AMD Radeon Vega 64
RAM: 16 GB
Hard disk capacity: 25 GB or more
DirectX: 11
Sound card: DirectX 11 sound device

Source the Japanese Sekiro site

https://www.sekiro.jp/news_detail_190208_01.html
Hmmmm, wonder if I could get away with 4K on medium settings with a 8700k and 1080. Would really quite like to play this one on the big TV rather than my PC monitor...

PC-tan

Feb 25, 2018
I'm probably in minority here, but glad FROM are using the DSIII engine again. It'll run like a dream on my gtx 1060/Ryzen 5 1600/ 16gb ram.
This game better live up to our expectations. I had to buy PS4 copy as well for these sweet CE goodies. :/
There was also a PC CE for the game but it seems that they ran out of stock within the first month of pre-orders. Well at least for GameStop in the US

Force_XXI

Oct 29, 2017
Ready for some 1080p 60 but if it shimmers to much i'll just go 4k 30, probably turn AA off and throw some Reshade in there

OP
OP
Masagiwa

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018

Yeah that was almost scary how close to release it hit. At least Sekiro is not a UE4 developed game like Metro. I can see there being some extra incentive to go EGS if you're game is developed in UE4. Hopefully there won't be any issues regarding the platform situation.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
There was also a PC CE for the game but it seems that they ran out of stock within the first month of pre-orders. Well at least for GameStop in the US

Yep, PC and Xbox One versions are harder to find. Retailers where i live had only few copies of PS4 CE for pre-order and these got sold out in less than one hour.

klauskorp

Oct 27, 2017
Minnesota
Damn, I didn't even realize this game is going to be out on PCs. I sort of assumed it was Xbox/PS4 only. That's cool - hopefully it'll run at a smooth 60.