• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PorcoLighto

Oct 25, 2017
I have stuttering at the start of a new game launch for 1 second or so, smooth throughout and don't really notice any improvement. 980ti.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
Rtx 2060
16 gb ddr4
I7 8700 4.6ghz

Can run 1440p on all max at locked 60

Or

4K on everything low but shadows medium at 60 with a rare 1 fps dip

Not bad, think I'll stick to 1440p on max tho

Simboubou

Nov 16, 2018
Update on stutter : the points where I had found stutter only stutter when using the grapple. If the grapple point is close enough, I can jump to it with no stutter. If I grapple to to it instead, stutter.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Worried about why I'm having performance drops at 4K in bosses in the end game no one else is reporting, and not stutter but drops. Agh!

Does go away when I lower the resolution tho so maybe the particle effects for some of these attacks just scale up with resolution and most don't notice the infrequent 5 fps drops.

Last edited:

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
Not exactly performance related, but the game froze on me and I had to reboot my PC. When I launched back into the game, I was exactly where I was when it froze. It's almost like it suspended my session to the SSD. Made me wish that everytime I died it would just put me instantly back to where I was last.

KennyL

Oct 27, 2017
I have the exact same issue : I get stutter around ashina at very specific spots, that I can test by moving between points. Going 800x600 all low doesn't change it.
So far, removing nvidia telemetrey and using special K with a 59.9 fps limit seems to have somewhat limited the drops, but I couldn't get rid of them.

Can you try looking at this below to see if you have the same issue ?

I ran microsoft process monitor but don't see those files getting accessed. Not sure if I'm looking at the right place.

GReeeeN

Senior Analyst at GSD
Verified
Mar 6, 2018
my game sometimes completely freezes during battles. this only seems to happen when i start playing the game in a given day, but after 30+ minutes of resetting the PC and due to 2-3 freezes it stops happening.

is this a common issue?

strudelkuchen

Oct 25, 2017
  • The mod also eliminates blocking sockets (networking) on the game's render thread and addresses inefficient USB HID device change behavior. This may dramatically improve stuttering for some.
edit:
"I also updated my XInput place holding code to further reduce stutter related to USB HID devices intermittently coming and going. This is a very important optimization, so I would suggest everyone switch over."

"If you want to see why I insist upon XInput placeholding, just plug and unplug an Xbox or PS4 controller a couple of times w/ and w/o the feature :)"

Last edited:

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
  • The mod also eliminates blocking sockets (networking) on the game's render thread and addresses inefficient USB HID device change behavior. This may dramatically improve stuttering for some.
edit:
"I also updated my XInput place holding code to further reduce stutter related to USB HID devices intermittently coming and going. This is a very important optimization, so I would suggest everyone switch over."

"If you want to see why I insist upon XInput placeholding, just plug and unplug an Xbox or PS4 controller a couple of times w/ and w/o the feature :)"

I think Kaldaien messed something up, if I unlock the framerate with SpecialK my game runs at double-speed o.o

strudelkuchen

Oct 25, 2017
I think Kaldaien messed something up, if I unlock the framerate with SpecialK my game runs at double-speed o.o
"Regarding the Framerate Unlock
I _had_ unlimited framerate w/ proper timing working correctly earlier. I just tested the build on GitHub and it's not working as intended.

It's not completely useless though; unlocking the game's framerate but forcing my limiter to 60.0 gives smother results. Anything above that is going to run faster than intended until I can fix this."

edit:

"Okay, that was fairly simple. I've build SK 0.10.0.17 and uploaded it to GitHub.

If I continue working on this thing, I'll start a separate release page and all that jazz. For now, just grab the linked download and assume it's the newest :)

Framerate uncapping should work as designed"

edit2:
"0.10.0.18 just went up :)

I found I can combine the variable framerate code with my framerate limiter kill code and if you use Special K's framerate limiter instead, frame pacing is cleaned up very nicely at high framerates."

Last edited:

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
"Regarding the Framerate Unlock
I _had_ unlimited framerate w/ proper timing working correctly earlier. I just tested the build on GitHub and it's not working as intended.

It's not completely useless though; unlocking the game's framerate but forcing my limiter to 60.0 gives smother results. Anything above that is going to run faster than intended until I can fix this."

edit:

"Okay, that was fairly simple. I've build SK 0.10.0.17 and uploaded it to GitHub.

If I continue working on this thing, I'll start a separate release page and all that jazz. For now, just grab the linked download and assume it's the newest :)

Framerate uncapping should work as designed"

edit2:
"0.10.0.18 just went up :)

I found I can combine the variable framerate code with my framerate limiter kill code and if you use Special K's framerate limiter instead, frame pacing is cleaned up very nicely at high framerates."

Nice! :D Now all we need is a DS4 icon-mod that works with SpecialK and I'm happy :D

JeffGubb

Giant Bomb
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting this thing where the game stutters for a second four times in a row and then runs normally for a while, and then it repeats the four big stutters.
What do?

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
Game started constantly crashing for me 40 hours in. Awesome. I'd recommend people backup their saves. Mine didn't get corrupted yet but I would assume that could happen if it crashes at a specific time.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Game started constantly crashing for me 40 hours in. Awesome. I'd recommend people backup their saves. Mine didn't get corrupted yet but I would assume that could happen if it crashes at a specific time.
I've been periodically backing my save up since I experienced two crashes myself. Neither caused corruption but I could also see it happening, think I even saw someone mention it happened to them.

strudelkuchen

Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting this thing where the game stutters for a second four times in a row and then runs normally for a while, and then it repeats the four big stutters.
What do?
https://steamcommunity.com/app/814380/discussions/0/1771511442678518064/
this might help

I've been periodically backing my save up since I experienced two crashes myself. Neither caused corruption but I could also see it happening, think I even saw someone mention it happened to them.
for others: %APPDATA%\Roaming\Sekiro is the path to your save file

Last edited:

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017
Weird question, but do I still get achievements properly for this if I'm playing in offline mode?

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Installed the latest Kaldaien mod for that network fix and it has the slow speed bug when brushing past objects, plus I get a mouse cursor stuck in the middle of the screen. Back to jackfuste's uncapped framerate v2 I go for now, it's working fine for me.

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
By the way I fixed the crashes by playing the game in windowed mode. I also use Borderless Gaming cause who wants a border.

stryke

Oct 28, 2017
The issues that this game has with displays is utterly ridiculous.
90% of the time I cannot start up this game unless I am connected to my monitor via HDMI first. Then I can change back to displayport for the game to keep going. And even then sometimes there has to be a restart or two for it to work.

Opium

Oct 30, 2017
Just a psa, windowed mode runs between 5-10% worse than in fullscreen.

bw
kUC5oIx.jpg

fs
MLhzXIl.jpg

strudelkuchen

Oct 25, 2017
Installed the latest Kaldaien mod for that network fix and it has the slow speed bug when brushing past objects, plus I get a mouse cursor stuck in the middle of the screen. Back to jackfuste's uncapped framerate v2 I go for now, it's working fine for me.
There is an update:

"Fixed Timestep Test (0.10.0.21)

https://github.com/Kaldaien/SpecialK/releases/download/sk_special_projects/SK_Sekiro_FixedTimeStep.7z

This integrates a fix for run speed and adds a fixed timestep option for uncapped framerate. Even 60 FPS users should see benefits from uncapping, setting fixed timestep mode and then enabling Special K's framerate limiter @ 60 FPS. Normal framerate fluctuations will be smoothed / eliminated."

Oct 25, 2017
I'm tempted to buy this but dark souls 3 on my pc stutters all the time. Is this port as bad as that one was? The stuttering in ds3 makes it nearly unplayable

Carcosan Stag

Oct 25, 2017
R'lyeh
Can anyone help me diagnose my issue? I was playing last night and I'm near the end of the game (I think) and a few cutscenes had my FPS dropping from what is normally anywhere from 40-60, all the way down to like.. 7 fps max. This lasted pretty much the entirety of the cutscenes. After it ended, my FPS was normal again. It only started happening yesterday, so I'm unsure what happened or what caused it. :/

My specs:

i5 2500k @ 3.4 ghz (non-oc)
radeon hd 7970 (with most current drivers)
16 gb ram
win 10 with most recent updates

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
"Minimal HUD" mod on Nexus now has tons of options so you can customize it your way!

https://www.nexusmods.com/sekiro/mods/12?tab=files

There is an update:

"Fixed Timestep Test (0.10.0.21)

https://github.com/Kaldaien/SpecialK/releases/download/sk_special_projects/SK_Sekiro_FixedTimeStep.7z

This integrates a fix for run speed and adds a fixed timestep option for uncapped framerate. Even 60 FPS users should see benefits from uncapping, setting fixed timestep mode and then enabling Special K's framerate limiter @ 60 FPS. Normal framerate fluctuations will be smoothed / eliminated."
I thought I had the latest version but maybe I didn't, I'll give this a try thanks.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
The new SpecialK works great although it crashed at a cutscene for me and the game started after it afterwards, could someone maybe link me to a video of that on YouTube? It was when
you bring the first offering of the old lady to the temple and get teleported to a new place.

Anyone try the Kaldaien mod with reshade? Is it still a nightmare to work the two together?

I couldn't get it to work :/

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
Now I don't get any achievements anymore too.

edit: I was using Special K at the time, but others are still getting them. I assume the game's achievement logic is just badly written.
Yeah, I only had issues unlocking them while using SpecialK. Kaldaien tells me it's due to the game but I'll play without it until it's been fixed.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys... I just got a Freesync monitor tonight and I'm trying to set it up but I can't seem to get it working properly...

I'm following the instructions found on the mod page (https://www.nexusmods.com/sekiro/mods/13 ) including the GSYNC section. I have set the FPS limit to 138 in RTSS and 144 in the mod but the game is actually locked to 60fps...

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
I'm tempted to buy this but dark souls 3 on my pc stutters all the time. Is this port as bad as that one was? The stuttering in ds3 makes it nearly unplayable
What kind of stutters did you get? Mine was more of an intermittent stutter every 3-4 mins or so, not a constant one you would typically get. Mine never went away from day one and there was still some stutter when I went back to it last year but there is none of that in Sekiro.

The only stutters I get are the ocasional one which I think have to do with how the game handles USB devices I think. Overall Sekro is a much smoother experience for me using the same rig as when I played DS3 again last year.