• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
The game was running fine for a few hours, but now it crashes whenever I die for the second time. The most reason occasion caused both of my displays to go black and I couldn't do anything other than to hold down the power button to reboot. My specs are:

Windows 8.1
i5 4690K
GeForce 970
16GB RAM

All settings are High at 1080p and I'm using two displays.

Cube001

Dec 7, 2017
Does disabling Intel's Turbo Boost cause other games that are not Sekiro to run worse?
If you have a manual overclock in place, this shouldn't be a problem. If you're running on stock speeds, disabling Intel Turbo Boost will prevent your best CPU cores from overclocking themselves, which might have an impact on games, especially CPU intensive ones + lower res/high framerate setups. Having said that, you can always overclock your CPU yourself, the easiest way to do it is through the XMP settings on your Mobo, some Mobos have their auto overclocking profiles, easy to use, but not optimal, yet almost always it's better than intel turbo boost.

Ok, this game DOES NOT like either my gpu or cpu being overclocked or both. It random crashes the game and steam. Never happened with any other game and with 100s of hours on these overclocks. Even turning them down does nothing. Stock settings are fine.

Also, is anyones game make the entire screen and OS go purple when they launch the game? The only fix for me is to go into windowed mode and back into full screen. Like, ill launch the game and everything will be purple. Even if I fully exit out the os stays that way. I have never seen that one before also. 9700k and 1080ti btw.

Weird, I have an i9 7900X + 2080 TI, both of which are heavily overclocked and have no issues with the game so far.

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
Ryzen 5 1600
8GB

Game keeps crashing for me. The screen freezes for a couple of seconds (sound is still running) and then it just quits to desktop. No error message or anything. Any idea what might be causing this?

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
Does disabling Intel's Turbo Boost cause other games that are not Sekiro to run worse?

It will decrease the frequency/voltage of your CPU so yes, but only negligibly so in most cases. Your temperatures will be lower at least. ;)

Haven't bought this myself but asking for a friend.

He says he's getting 20 FPS no matter what his settings. I did a bit of research myself but the dual monitor thing and the intergrated graphics problems aren't applying to him. Only 1 monitor and he's already set the gpu to his main card.

Anyone else here with this problem?

What are their specs? Is he cloning his desktop (to stream via an Elgato or such)?

ZeroDS

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
It will decrease the frequency/voltage of your CPU so yes, but only negligibly so in most cases. Your temperatures will be lower at least. ;)

What are their specs? Is he cloning his desktop (to stream via an Elgato or such)?
Don't think he's got any cloning going on. He has similar specs to me I think unless he's updated. I know we had the same processor the i7 quad. Not sure about card either a GTX 760 or a 970.

Hawkijustin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Iowa
So I believe the game is auto starting with HDR on even with my TV set to have it off causing everything to look purple. Anyway I can force it to stop trying to turn on hdr?

Oct 27, 2017
If anyone is having performance issues and you have HDR on, try disabling it. I was having frequent frame slow downs, disabled hdr and boom runs smooth now.

Mar 21, 2018
Switching to windowed and using Borderless Gaming completely fixed my black screen/flickering/purple issues. Thank fuck. I can now have my arse handed to me in peace.

gitrektali

Feb 22, 2018
For all of you that have Intel cpus and experience massive stuttering/frame drops while playing going from 60 to 30-35 all the time, just disable Intel Turbo Boost!! Locked 60 now and playing 5120x2160p with 21:9 fix!!

Someone already posted this and maybe some of you missed it.

Is there a way to use reshade with the 21:9 fix/textures disabled fix ?

It stopped working once I applied the above fixes.

Thanks
Gonna try this, will report back
Edit: Didn't do anything for me, sadly :(

Last edited:

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
120.PNG

At least they've dabbled with higher refresh rates. :p

Don't think he's got any cloning going on. He has similar specs to me I think unless he's updated. I know we had the same processor the i7 quad. Not sure about card either a GTX 760 or a 970.
Try this:

- Open the Nvidia Control Panel
- Under 3D Settings, open Manage 3D settings, then Program Settings
- Locate the Sekiro.exe (if it's not in the dropdown, it's in "Steam\steamapps\common\Sekiro")
- Look for the setting "CUDAs - GPU" and make sure to manually select your GPU
- Click Apply, and then restart

You might wanna set "Power management mode" to "Maximum" at the same time.

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
i5-4690k
GTX 1070
16GB RAM

Runs smooth as butter at 1440p maxed out. Shame about the 60fps frame rate cap though.

There seems to be a small amount of stutter whenever the camera angle changes during cutscenes which can be a little jarring.

ZeroDS

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
120.PNG

At least they've dabbled with higher refresh rates. :p

Try this:

- Open the Nvidia Control Panel
- Under 3D Settings, open Manage 3D settings, then Program Settings
- Locate the Sekiro.exe (if it's not in the dropdown, it's in "Steam\steamapps\common\Sekiro")
- Look for the setting "CUDAs - GPU" and make sure to manually select your GPU
- Click Apply, and then restart

You might wanna set "Power management mode" to "Maximum" at the same time.
Cheers for the reply. I found this stuff earlier on the steam forums and suggested it to him but he says no dice on his end. All the solutions I've found so far don't seem to make a dent. There was also something I read about intel software getting in the way but he didn't even have that installed. I figured it might be cause the system is old but he runs DS3 perfectly so I don't know. Any other ideas?

Maybe it'll be fixed in a patch maybe it won't be, I was gonna get this for pc but considering our systems are so similar I'm afraid I'll have the same problem. Might have to go PS4 personally unless this gets fixed

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
Geforce experience, that optimization thing of theirs, somehow seems to prioritize resolution? For instance it recommends me 4k on Sekiro... on low.

Why is it doing 4k? It's doing it in all the games now.

ethranes

A King's Landing
Oct 27, 2017
No idea why I'm getting 20 fps with my gtx 1070. Have tried unplugging one of my monitors, running it on display 1, turning off the HDR option, and making sure that it's using my GPU. Any other suggestions?

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
Geforce experience, that optimization thing of theirs, somehow seems to prioritize resolution? For instance it recommends me 4k on Sekiro... on low.

Why is it doing 4k? It's doing it in all the games now.
Check the small setting icon theres a slider in there where you can prioritize quality and performance. You can select your native res there as well.

ZeroDS

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
No idea why I'm getting 20 fps with my gtx 1070. Have tried unplugging one of my monitors, running it on display 1, turning off the HDR option, and making sure that it's using my GPU. Any other suggestions?
My friends having the exact same problem now just with a lower card. Tried everything suggested but no luck. If you do find a solution please let us know. It's the only thing keeping me from getting a pc copy

Deleted member 40102

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
So the vitality and attack items are those limited ? Do I have to search for them or do they automatically obtained through story? Or do they drop randomly from monsters ?

Also what is the exp used for?

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
I'm getting some weird stuttering that appears to be software related, where neither my CPU or GPU is maxed out but I'm getting drops below 60 FPS @ 1440p on my Ryzen 5 1400/Vega 56 rig. It's super weird... wondering if it might be CCX latency affecting it, but the only other game I've had issues with like this was Ni no Kuni II.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz
R9 290
16gb

This game runs surprisingly well given my build is ancient at this point. It normally hovers in the 60-55fps range @ 1080 on high and in the upper 40s in large areas and when the action pops off. Might just cap it to 30 so I can have it locked but all in all, I'm pleasantly surprised, especially given DS3 ran like ass for me.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
For anyone struggling with the FPS, because now it just happened to me: it could be your multi monitor setup. Apparently Sekiro doesn't like to be displayed on your number 2 display. I can confirm.

Been testing on how to play while having both monitors still plugged in. It seems Sekiro might have some issues playing on monitors not identified as Monitor 1 (i.e. it only works properly on a screen identified as Monitor 1).
On my setup, my main desktop monitor is identified as Monitor 2 in windows, while my extended 4k TV is identified as Monitor 1. When I play with my main Monitor 2 (Desktop), I get low fps(19fps), but when I use Big Picture to use Monitor 1 (TV) instead, I get normal fps (locked 60 fps).
https://www.reddit.com/r/Sekiro/com...fps/ej37xpt?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

Vlodril

Dec 18, 2017
For anyone struggling with the FPS, because now it just happened to me: it could be your multi monitor setup. Apparently Sekiro doesn't like to be displayed on your number 2 display. I can confirm.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Sekiro/com...fps/ej37xpt?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

Yep i have the same issue. I unplugged my tv and 3rd monitor to get it to run on 60 on monitor 2 (which is my pc monitor) then re plugged them in and it still works fine. I was hoping for a patch but nothing so far.

AmuroRX

Oct 25, 2017
Yep i have the same issue. I unplugged my tv and 3rd monitor to get it to run on 60 on monitor 2 (which is my pc monitor) then re plugged them in and it still works fine. I was hoping for a patch but nothing so far.

I had the exact same problem as well. I was able to fix the problem without disconnecting the displays physically. Just disableing the other displays themselves did the trick.

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Game looks surprisingly sharp at 1440p on a 4K TV!

Running with:

i5-8400
RTX 2070
16GB ram

At 1440p, 60fps at max settings! Was running at 1800p but I got a stutter anytime I did a death blow! Does the auto rendering adjustment do anything btw? Haven't seen it affect the game in anyway so I turned it off!

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
Sekiro is probably the most stable and fluid game that i played in the last 2-3 years.

Rock-solid 60 frame on ultra\fullhd with a 1070/8600k (both stock no overclock)
And when i say rock solid i really mean rock fucking solid.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Sekiro is probably the most stable and fluid game that i played in the last 2-3 years.

Rock-solid 60 frame on ultra\fullhd with a 1070/8600k (both stock no overclock)
And when i say rock solid i really mean rock fucking solid.

I have the exact same setup and I agree though I have weird drops to 59/58fps only when panning the camera around in the temple-area.

ZmillA

Oct 27, 2017
I used that reshade patch for the color range and I think the HDR is present and fine.

I ended up disabling the low health and stealth indicators because the banding on them was distracting me.

Last edited:

Warlord

Feb 1, 2019
my laptop for some reason makes the game run at a low Framerate, anyone knows the reason?
Here are the specs:

MSI GP63 leopard 8RF
Intelcore i7 8th gen cpu@ 2.2 GHz
Nvidea GeForce GTX 1070
16 GB RAM

Opium

Oct 30, 2017
The madman did it! It's perfect now, also no more garbled textures on the sides when loading.

Only thing left is can't seem to switch to native 3440x1440 windowed, the last option I get is 2560x1440, anyone has this problem?

iu9ZhvD.jpg

Rogue Agent

Oct 25, 2017
Does anybody know how I can get rid of the following issue? The transparency looks weird because it's very dotty.

mSTUxKd.jpg

Roven

Nov 2, 2017
I'm getting this too, I noticed this behavior with fire effects. Guess it's an engine problem.

strudelkuchen

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't you guys get the memo? This is a terrible PC port and FROM should be ashamed because it won't do 144Hz ultrawide!

/s
It is bascially the console version but with m&kb controls, so not terrible, but nothing to brag about.
Turns out there are official Dualshock 4 assets but they haven't been implemented in the game for some reason. There's a mod that enables them:

https://www.nexusmods.com/sekiro/mods/7

This method currently requires the Mod Engine.

7-1553314877-1454078765.png
Awesome!

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Does anybody know how I can get rid of the following issue? The transparency looks weird because it's very dotty.

mSTUxKd.jpg
It's not a bug. This is something games have done since as long as I can remember to not obstruct your view when an object is close to the camera.
Previous Souls games would instead close the camera in on the character so that the object originally obstructing the view is directly behind the camera, a lot of recent games do this and I think it's not ideal as it causes camera issues and poor visibility.

JUNGLEGAMER

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 3, 2019
The madman did it! It's perfect now, also no more garbled textures on the sides when loading.

Only thing left is can't seem to switch to native 3440x1440 windowed, the last option I get is 2560x1440, anyone has this problem?

iu9ZhvD.jpg
Jackfuste just uploaded a fov file about a minute ago do you know what it's for?

AznMan37

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Does anyone else's cutscenes drop to like 51-52 fps whenever the camera angle changes? It happens all the time for me but the gameplay itself runs at a steady 60 fps.

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
Does anyone else's cutscenes drop to like 51-52 fps whenever the camera angle changes? It happens all the time for me but the gameplay itself runs at a steady 60 fps.
Sometimes it is not actually the cutscene dropping, but just the fact the game sticks on the last scene for a number of frames. Weird stuff - but a couple games do it. Shadow of the Tomb Raider for example.

jorimt

Mar 8, 2018

mSTUxKd.jpg
I believe that is what's known as "Screen-Door Transparency" or "stippling."

It's commonly used in place of traditional alpha blending (typically used for forward rendering engines) to "fake" transparency in games with deferred rendering engines:
https://digitalrune.github.io/Digit...html/fa431d48-b457-4c70-a590-d44b0840ab1e.htm
https://gamedev.stackexchange.com/q...ring-pattern-instead-of-traditional-alpha-for

Proper, smooth transparency, without the "dithering" effect, is theoretically possible, but (from what I know) more performance intensive, and as such, apparently isn't feasible for games with deferred rendering engines.

TLDR: It's normal, and there's nothing you can do about it.

Last edited:

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
i5-4690k
GTX 1070
16GB RAM

Runs smooth as butter at 1440p maxed out. Shame about the 60fps frame rate cap though.

There seems to be a small amount of stutter whenever the camera angle changes during cutscenes which can be a little jarring.
I have the same thing on 1440p. The slightest pause between transitions.