• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Haloid1177

Oct 25, 2017
The duel monitors causing 20 FPS is enough for me to wait for a patch I don't wanna fuck with unplugging shit or not playing with gsync.

Pat_DC

Oct 27, 2017
I have an R9 280x and i5-4670k. I had no issues running DkS III so that's why I'm starting to inch more towards pc. I have no idea whether pc with a few settings lowered or Pro will get me the best results.
If you end up grabbing it can you share how it runs?
Had this ordered for ps4pro as felt my gpu (r9 280x as well) would let it down, but fluctuating frame rates on ps4 made me cancel and think I might try PC.
Had no issues with DSIII so interested to see how it runs.

Oct 25, 2017
What are the Graphics settings? No one is talking about the graphics.. why not?
I just don't think anyone had to lower settings so far.

Here are the settings:

20190321233101_16jj4p.jpg

20190321233107_1nykw3.jpg

Courtesy of JaseC.

BrutalInsane

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Love this game so far, runs flawless on my system. Only downer is the lack of ultrawide support.

Edit: Oh, Nevermind, I see a UWS fix on previous page. Also, here's a quick vid of the first 18 min (cinematics included, so spoilers) if you want to see it on a i7 / 1080ti at 1440, max settings.

https://youtu.be/GnEt7-G1KyQ

robotzombie

Oct 25, 2017
So is the issue specifically with dual monitors AND G-sync? I only have a single ultrawide g-sync monitor, should I be okay?

ABK281

Apr 5, 2018
You can play right now in US if you VPN to UK as you would expect. Sad to say that a 2070 is not enough for 4k/60 though. Just shy as it's running around 52-56fps for me on this opening area. Gonna have to mess around with the settings.

Ada

Nov 28, 2017
Had to turn off the auto performance thing as it kept locking itself down at 60fps. This game is getting heavy use out of adaptive sync.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yea, the vpn aint working for me. welp

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Just did a quick test play in the beginning and it seems like it's pretty easy to get this game running at 60fps on moderate hardware.

I'm using a GTX 1050 with a 7th gen i5 laptop version and I can basically play this game at 1080p60 and medium settings. It's not a "perfect" 60 as sometimes there are hiccups, but it's for the most part smooth, and much better than anything on the consoles. I'm actually surprised it's so hard for From to get steady framerates on consoles.

Danielsan

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Game plays smooth as hell on my 970. I was wondering though. Is there a way to disable the mouse cursor in menus when playing with a controller? It's annoying as hell, especially as I'm also experiencing some right stick drift.

Mar 29, 2018
Unbelievable game.

Got a couple of hours in.

Just unbelievable. Wow.

To unlock the game early via VPN:

1) Log out of the Steam mobile app and change (not to be confused with reset) your password via the the desktop client
2) Download and install F-Secure Freedome (no hard limits, but the trial period expires after five days), FlyVPN (20-minute session limit), ProtonVPN (speed-limited), TunnelBear (500MB data limit), VPN Gate (no hard limits) or VyprVPN (no hard limits, but remember to cancel within 72 hours)
3) Connect to a server in Asia (excluding South-east Asia)
4) Restart Steam (if you're logged in)
5) Unlock the game
6, optional) Switch to Offline Mode to preserve the "Play" button as it will revert back to "Pre-load" once you're no longer connected to the VPN (even if you disconnect mid-game, you won't be booted out)

Edit: As all retail packages are runtime-restricted, those who've purchased a retail key will have to wait until the game has unlocked worldwide.
This fucking worked and I've been playing all day, thanks so much.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
i7 4790k
1080Ti
16GB

Settings:
- maxed out except motion blur (off)

The game runs better than Dark Souls 3 on my PC; flawless 60FPS ingame.

My only complaint: turning the camera feels a little bit sluggish like input lag, even with the highest value.

KingKong

Oct 27, 2017
if anyone else can't get the PS4 controller to work, what did it for me was going to Sekiros Controller Config in Big Picture and getting rid of mouse inputs. The config wouldnt load the first time because I didnt run it before going offline, so at least open the config so it saves it locally first

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting to see people's performance, with a 1080 I was getting avg 50fps in the starting area at 4K on default "high" settings, adaptive res off. Seems inconsistent w/ some reports in here 🤔

Lulu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes we in there.

What's up with this auto alt tabbing tho? It's annoying

Ryu bogard

Nov 23, 2017
Gtx1080/I5 16Gb ram
Running at 1440p/60fps with everything at Max runs smoothly. Switching to 4K causes framerate to drop to low 50s.

Dommo

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
It's pretty crazy how FROM has gone from treating their PC Port for Dark Souls like absolute shit - 30fps cap, low resolution, bad support etc, to now putting out what is definitively the best version of the game from a PQ and performance standpoint on PC. Like, it's better optimised on PC too? An XB1X is struggling to hit a consistent 60fps but moderate PC hardware doesn't have a problem at all?

Any option to turn off or reduce the gore/blood?

Yeah, it's an option in the Game Settings.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
I wish we could unlock FPS beyond 60.
It's pretty crazy how FROM has gone from treating their PC Port for Dark Souls like absolute shit - 30fps cap, low resolution, bad support etc, to now putting out what is definitively the best version of the game from a PQ and performance standpoint on PC. Like, it's better optimised on PC too? An XB1X is struggling to hit a consistent 60fps but moderate PC hardware doesn't have a problem at all?

Yeah, it's an option in the Game Settings.
It's probably the CPU that's the reason why it can't hit 60FPS, plus it's running at 1800P native. A moderate PC hardware likely won't hit 60FPS at that resolution when a GTX 1080/i7 6700K (my PC) will drop below 60FPS at times (rarely though) at that kind of resolution. Though it may have been able to get close to it at 1080P.

Jan 4, 2018
Been playing for a couple of hours now.

Runs smoothly for the most part (some odd stuttering in a couple of places).

Maintains 60fps at 1440p on an RTX 2060 & i7-8700. Loading screens are about five seconds long.

Puggles

Sometimes, it's not a fart
Nov 3, 2017
Can't quite do 4k60 on a 1070 on high settings. Runs perfectly at 1440p on max settings.

Also HDR on isn't forcing my TV into HDR mode. It looks a million times better with it off.

Last edited:

zerocalories

Oct 28, 2017
California
Yes. It looks like From screwed up the default controls if you have Steam recognizing your Xbox controller as a Steam controller. Sekiro tries to emulate mouse and keyboard on your controller so moving the right stick moves the mouse while in-game.

To fix it, quit the game, right-click the game title in Steam and choose Edit Steam Controller Configuration (you might have to do this in Big Picture Mode). Press Browse Configs and choose Gamepad from the Templates section. That will force the game to treat the Xbox controller as, well, a controller.
Thanks man

Dommo

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I wish we could unlock FPS beyond 60.

It's probably the CPU that's the reason why it can't hit 60FPS, plus it's running at 1800P native. A moderate PC hardware likely won't hit 60FPS at that resolution when a GTX 1080/i7 6700K (my PC) will drop below 60FPS at times (rarely though) at that kind of resolution. Though it may have been able to get close to it at 1080P.

Oh I didn't realise it was running at 1800p, that makes sense. I'm assuming there's no option to drop to 1080p60 for them then? That'd grind my gears.

EffettoNotte

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 17, 2019
Ryzen 1600/ RTX 2060 no issues @ 1440p max settings.

Only annoying thing is the DS4 acting like a mouse. How can I get rid of that?

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
The only thing that stinks about this game running at 4K60 is the sound of the fans on my GPU. Houston, we are ready for take off. Damn if it doesn't look good though.

Almost makes me want to water cool that card. Definitely (maybe) will water cool my RTX 2080 Ti, though.

Lulu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game keeps minimizing on me when i have it on full screen. Wtf