• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Solaris

Oct 27, 2017
This runs really well, just like DS3

Playing on my TV for now because of no ultrawide

4k, max settings, 60fps and basically never dips - running i5 6600k and Titan X Pascal.

furfoot

Dec 12, 2017
Runs ok but 60 fps cap is rather annoying on a 144hz screen. Also the mouse has this weird janky control like the old Monster Hunter World control style and that introduces some weird camera stutters. Frametimes are overall really good just loading in assets is an issue as you can see in the jumps in cutscenes.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
To follow up on the camera stutter issues, I think it might have to do with the game treating the right stick as mouse movement if you have the Steam Input "Xbox Configuration Support" option active in the Steam Big Picture controller settings. It's why the mouse cursor kept appearing too.

andymoogle

Oct 27, 2017
So I just found out that the GMG keys are region locked. That certainly sucks. Guess I'll have to wait another 20 hours then. I didn't even think that would be an issue. Oh well.

Deleted member 11069

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Whats that line called that runs through the game when jumping? Anti Alias?
I tried to disable everything but it still shows up. Is it because I'm running a 120hz monitor?
Do I have to put it on 60hz?

Deleted member 4072

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This runs really well, just like DS3

Playing on my TV for now because of no ultrawide

4k, max settings, 60fps and basically never dips - running i5 6600k and Titan X Pascal.

Bit off topic but do you ever experience a bottleneck with your CPU? I got the same at 4.6GHz and I was always skeptical upgrading from a 970 without doing the CPU too in case of a bottleneck.

kraftdinner

Alt account
Banned
Mar 8, 2019
Bit off topic but do you ever experience a bottleneck with your CPU? I got the same at 4.6GHz and I was always skeptical upgrading from a 970 without doing the CPU too in case of a bottleneck.

At what resolution do you want to play? If you seek 4K then you are much more likely to hit GPU bottleneck first rather than CPU bottleneck. With a 3770k, I never hit cpu bottleneck when playing at 4k except for some specific moments in Vermintide II.

ThatOneGuy

Dec 3, 2018
What do you think I'm looking at fps wise with these specs. Both at 1440p for my monitor and 4k on my TV.

I7-8700k @5.0
1080ti
16gb ram

Solaris

Oct 27, 2017

Haven't really encountered any CPU bottlenecks in games as of yet, but I am planning to upgrade CPU this year regardless. Division 2 is the only one where I've seen some performance hitches but I don't think it's due to CPU.

dtcm83

Oct 28, 2017
All right, some facts:

1080p/60 FPS is easily possible with the GTX 970/i5 4570k combo that I got. I even ran the game at 1440p and it still didn't dip below 60 FPS once in the first ten minutes, although I'm not sure if that holds up. I turned shadows down to medium and blur off entirely.

However, having multiple monitors attached fucks with the framerate. And for some reason, the game just goes black when I try to play it on my 4K TV which is attached via HDMI. I need to sort that out. And unplugging two out of three monitors everytime I launch this game is insanely inconvenient.

Just what I needed to hear (I have a 970 and a 3570k), should sway me to PC instead of my PS4 Pro.

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
What are the chances of some sort of mod / tweak / patch to get frame rate beyond 60?

Want to be able to make full use of 144hz.

Oct 27, 2017
OKC
hmmm, since this is capped at 60 i'm wondering if I should just try to use my LG C8 instead of my 1440p monitor, but I just have a 1080 and i'm not sure if that will do 4k/60.

Anyone else have a gtx 1080 who was tried running it at 4k? if not, i'll just play on my monitor but i'd rather play on my TV since my partner wanted to watch me play...

Solaris

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, I restarted the game from my TV to my monitor now my FPS is stuck at 10-20 with really low GPU usage - anyone else had this?

I've rebooted, nothing changes. Trying verify integrity now and then will refresh graphics config file but this is bizarre.

gitrektali

Feb 22, 2018
Can AMD users report how the game's working for them? I can run DS 3 locked 60/1080p on my i5-7500/R9 380, but I'm getting constant drops in this, especially during grappling.

Oct 27, 2017
hmmm, since this is capped at 60 i'm wondering if I should just try to use my LG C8 instead of my 1440p monitor, but I just have a 1080 and i'm not sure if that will do 4k/60.

Anyone else have a gtx 1080 who was tried running it at 4k? if not, i'll just play on my monitor but i'd rather play on my TV since my partner wanted to watch me play...

Going by how DS3 played on my 1080, I would think 4k60 @high/mid should be doable. Would love to see confirmation on this though.

I was thinking about going console on this since I want to play on my TV, but after seeing how rough it is on the consoles I guess I gotta go PC. What a pain to lug my big ass case down the stairs though. I've got a home theater PC but that's only got an old 2500k and a 950 in it.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Actually performace is great at the moment but just realised im not on the latest AMD driver that has Sekiro support. Has anyone tested them yet ? (19.3.3 drivers)

Oct 27, 2017
OKC
Going by how DS3 played on my 1080, I would think 4k60 @high/mid should be doable. Would love to see confirmation on this though.

i'm buying the game on PC tonight, regardless. If someone else doesn't respond before then, I'll test it out on my TV and let you know if 4k/60 is doable on the 1080. Was just hoping someone else had tried it already before I drag my PC across my house.

Oct 27, 2017
i'm buying the game on PC tonight, regardless. If someone else doesn't respond before then, I'll test it out on my TV and let you know if 4k/60 is doable on the 1080. Was just hoping someone else had tried it already before I drag my PC across my house.

I'm going to try and buy it and unlock via VPN when I get home from work in like 2 hours. If all goes well I'll let you know how it goes. I'll probably just test by super sampling 4k down to 1440 via DSR. All goes well I will also be lugging the PC out of the bedroom to use on the TV lol

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
As soon as I am back at my house, I'll shadowplay the flowerfield and upload the video on Youtube if you want.
I appreciate it but no thanks.
Going in with blackout, dont want to see a thing.
Too busy to even play it for now but I just want to know if tge PC port is up to par.

Oct 31, 2017
Is HDR worth a damn?

Let's just say it's better left turned on, the implementation doesn't feel groundbreaking but it's quite alright.

How well would my 1050m i5-7300HQ run this?

You should be able to do 1080p. The game isn't very demanding at all, PC has a much appreciated dynamic resolution option. Just turn it on and you should be good to go.
Edit: as for 4k, I see no reason why anyone with a 1070 or above shouldn't give 4k 60 a try.The graphical settings aren't that demanding and doesn't seem to do a whole lot.
And there is always that dynamic resolution as a saving grace.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
I7 8700 4.6ghz
Rtx 2060

What am I looking at here?

1440p/60 max settings? Any shot at 4K/60?

Is there resolution scaling?

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Still rocking an i5 2500k and a 970, wonder if I'm better off going consoles for this one...

edit: posting about it is crazy, my CPU is nearly 10 years old. christ, i really need to upgrade.

Fudo Myo

Oct 30, 2017
Can anyone tell me what "Automatic rendering adjustment" is and what it toggles to on/off only? Never seen that it a PC options menu before.

Oct 27, 2017
Let's just say it's better left turned on, the implementation doesn't feel groundbreaking but it's quite alright.

You should be able to do 1080p. The game isn't very demanding at all, PC has a much appreciated dynamic resolution option. Just turn it on and you should be good to go.
Edit: as for 4k, I see no reason why anyone with a 1070 or above shouldn't give 4k 60 a try.The graphical settings aren't that demanding and doesn't seem to do a whole lot.
And there is always that dynamic resolution as a saving grace.

Oh wow I didn't realize PC had a dynamic res option. I guess I assumed it didn't since none of the consoles make use of dynamic res.

Why the hell wouldn't they use that on the pro/x?

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
Oh wow I didn't realize PC had a dynamic res option. I guess I assumed it didn't since none of the consoles make use of dynamic res.

Why the hell wouldn't they use that on the pro/x?
If the game is CPU limited on consoles then running the game at 10 x 10 pixels would sitll yield the game framerate.

I have not even tested that option yet, it may not actually be dynamic resolution but dyanmically effect other things.

DigitalT

Oct 27, 2017
Hm, I can't seem to get my DS4 to work at all in this game. Big picture mode didn't help, neither did input mapper.

Edit: Nevermind, had to use both input mapper and big picture mode to get it to be picked up.