• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jipewithin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Having insane fps drops / freezes at times, like to 1 fps or so. In flower field it happened many times. Very annoying and dont know what to do

1080ti/6700k

Oct 27, 2017
Hmmm, wonder if I could squeeze out 4k60 at high/mid settings. I've got a 1080 and a 6700k. Anyone got comparable hardware that's they've tested?

jipewithin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The controller doesn't work at all if I have that app active and steam settings off. If I turn on the steam setting and close the ds4 app then the controller works but there is this weird motion controlled mouse happening whoch makes the game unplayable.
I don't use steam settings so I have no idea how to turn it off. Would appreciate any help.
"Ds4windows" helped me with that gyro bullshit

Blizz

Oct 25, 2017
Just to be sure, using a VPN to play a game early doesn't risk a ban on my acount right?

Lockjaw333

Oct 28, 2017
60 fps cap? Ugh...

I can't remember if DS3 was the same....though I'm not sure if I had a high refresh monitor at that point. This definitely dampens my excitement.

ZeroMaverick

Mar 5, 2018
PSA: I downloaded the Radeon 19.3.3 update, and I no longer have signal from my GPU. Idk why this happened, but it seems like every time I update graphics drivers something fucks up. Gonna try rolling back to 19.1.1 to see if that fixes the issue.

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game can't handle multiple monitors, JFC. I gotta unplug 2 out of my 3 monitors in order for it to run well.

kraftdinner

Alt account
Banned
Mar 8, 2019

HoodedSoldier

Sep 29, 2018
6820hk Alienware 15 with graphics amp w/1070.

1440p on lg oled running at 60 with everything maxed except for SSAO which i put down to High before even running the game so I probably could have left it on max. Also can confirm that alt tabbing fixes HDR. Have to run back to work since I came home for lunch. Only played the intro and training and game runs great so far.

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
Not the exact same pc, but I have the following:

i7 3770k @ 4.5ghz
16gb DDR3 @ 2002mhz
1080TI @ 2063mhz

Runs a smooth, locked 4K60 @ max settings

Your much more recent and powerful 2700X should at the very least have no problem having the same performance as I do (butter smooth).
This makes me very happy.
Hope more TI owners agree, I recall one was having problems.

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All right, some facts:

1080p/60 FPS is easily possible with the GTX 970/i5 4570k combo that I got. I even ran the game at 1440p and it still didn't dip below 60 FPS once in the first ten minutes, although I'm not sure if that holds up. I turned shadows down to medium and blur off entirely.

However, having multiple monitors attached fucks with the framerate. And for some reason, the game just goes black when I try to play it on my 4K TV which is attached via HDMI. I need to sort that out. And unplugging two out of three monitors everytime I launch this game is insanely inconvenient.

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
I can't fuckin wait for my 2080ti, I skipped so many games this year just to play them in 4k eventually.

Soulstoner

Oct 27, 2017
All right, some facts:

1080p/60 FPS is easily possible with the GTX 970/i5 4570k combo that I got. I even ran the game at 1440p and it still didn't dip below 60 FPS once in the first ten minutes, although I'm not sure if that holds up. I turned shadows down to medium and blur off entirely.

However, having multiple monitors attached fucks with the framerate. And for some reason, the game just goes black when I try to play it on my 4K TV which is attached via HDMI. I need to sort that out. And unplugging two out of three monitors everytime I launch this game is insanely inconvenient.
What happens if you disable the monitors on Windows as opposed to unplugging them?

DeejayDoom

Oct 25, 2017
Getting 52 fps for a second every single time there's a different angle in a cutscene. Rest of the game works perfect.

IMACOMPUTA

Oct 27, 2017
Nobody fucks up a PC release like From.

And the console releases have their own problems.

I just want ultrawide and 120fps.

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
Caved an unlocked this with a VPN. Runs flawlessly at 1440p/60 on a single 2080ti with all settings maxed out and the adaptive stuff turned off. Gonna hold off until a 21:9 fix is out, this setting screams ultrawide.

Jager

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
UK
All right, some facts:

Did you play Dark Souls 3 on PC?

Windows Key + Shift + Arrow Keys didn't work to switch the game between monitors, you had to start the game up in windowed mode then drag the game to the monitor you wanted to play it on, then switch to fullscreen (Otherwise you'd just get a black screen).

Try this with your TV.

strudelkuchen

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda off-topic, but since this is the defacto PC thread: keys from cdkeys should be available now, I just activated mine.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
Just rushed through the tutorial (technically I'm waiting for my friend to come over to "officially" start the game), but it runs beautifully.

I'm on a 2500k and 1070, playing at 1440p and high settings. Perfectly smooth, right into the first big open area. Can't wait to play more, it's feels silky as hell.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
The gamma is complete washed out with my normal RGB Full color setting. It only looks right if I sight Nvidia Control Panel to YCbCr444 Limited, which then makes the desktop uh... purple (but the game looks right). Never run into this problem before.

Oct 28, 2017
All right, some facts:

Umm thats weird. I have my pc hooked up to a monitor and tv too, so i hope this doesnt happen to me too. Let us know if you fix it!

DarkStream

Oct 27, 2017
Runs very well. Locked @ 60 FPS (1080p, max settings). GPU still has left over power. Sadly, 1440p is asking a little much. It DOES 60fps (with drops) @ high settings, but that's at a constant 99% load on the GPU.

[email protected]
GTX 970