• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Another poster asked this awhile back but I haven't seen an answer yet: Is there an option to turn off/down blood in the settings? Asking this b/c my SO enjoys playing w/ me but doesn't like excessive blood

Blizz

Oct 25, 2017
I can run Dark Souls 3 at 50+ FPS on 720p (low settings but I care more about performance) on this laptop, you think I can handle the same for Sekiro or should I get it for the base PS4 (heard the performance is akin to Bloodborne though)?

Orion514

Oct 25, 2018
Illinois
What's the best site to buy an instant key from at the moment? GMG was going to be my go-to, but not if it's region locked and prevents me from using VPN tonight.

ABK281

Apr 5, 2018
So does this perform similarly to Dark Souls 3? I found that I was able to play 4k/60 with my 2070 but it was definitely working hard and I don't think I had much headroom.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished my new rig yesterday and after running Anthem flawlessly, it was having terrible performance problems with Apex Legends and now I'm scared off of throwing anything else at it despite the fact that it should handle this no problem at 4K, near 60 FPS.

Am I just being paranoid because of one bad experience and I should be fine to hop in or should I just be cautious and go with the One X version to be safe?

Specs:
ASUS Turbo RTX 2080
16 GB DDR4 RAM
Intel i7-9700k

I just tried it on my RTX 2080/8700K computer and it ran great at 4K60. But it's an early level so who knows.

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
Is it just me or is someone experiencing a slight delay while jumping? Playing on pc with a ps4 controller and just feels weird for some reason. Don't know if it is intended or not. Or maybe it is happening because I am coming from playing DMC 5.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
so any chance From Software unlocks the game early on Steam?...I remember them unlocking the final Dark Souls 2 DLC early

Nacho Papi

Oct 27, 2017
Holler at me my fellow budget laptop gaming brothers/sisters:

1080/30 @high-max settings doable with

Enforcer

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ugh no ultrawide. First DMC V and now this...

Not a good start for Japanese games supporting ultrawide in 2019 :(

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Any 4670K/280X owners?

Yeah right here, those exact specs. I was wondering if I could run this well enough at 1080p. I'll probably get it on PS4 pro first but I wonder if there are people running it with those older cards and how much you need to dial down in the options. I could probably even get a better framerate than on the Pro.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
Cutscenes stutter slightly on Camera cuts for me. Otheriwse the game runs well. Is RTSS worth it for even frametimes? Haven't tested yet.

Also, any tips on getting DS4 prompts working?

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting random fps drops for no reason, CPU and GPU usage nowhere near 100, tried windowed too

Waggles

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone with a 1060 wanna report how it does at 1440p? I've already seen reports that it runs great at 1080.

louris

Oct 27, 2017
HOLY CRAP. I had no idea this was coming to PC. I know what I'm doing tomorrow :D I feel like it's christmas or sth

Last edited:

Carlius

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
ffs. no ultrawide? its like from took the bamco bs and brought it over. Bamco games on pc dont have ultrawide support...fml. Well whatver, a mod will come out.

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Turns out I have no clue about VPNs. What do I click here?

NVBiob6.png

mario_O

Nov 15, 2017
It's a shame it doesn't have resolution scaling. HDR is only available at 4K and my card (980Ti) is not up for the task. And for some reason 1440p is not available for me in the game options. Had to manually change it from the config file.
Also getting crashes when pressing the graphics' options tab.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
It's a shame it doesn't have resolution scaling. HDR is only available at 4K and my card (980Ti) is not up for the task. And for some reason 1440p is not available for me in the game options. Had to manually change it from the config file.

The game only allows HDR at 4K? Thats very unusual.

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
HDR is not good in this game.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
What's the best site to buy an instant key from at the moment? GMG was going to be my go-to, but not if it's region locked and prevents me from using VPN tonight.
If you're ok with using a re-seller site (like cdkeys), HRKGame is delivering region-free copies of the game via steam gift within 5-10min, that can be unlocked with japanese vpn.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
HDR is borked anyway, washed out

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
To unlock the game early via VPN:

1) Log out of the Steam mobile app and change (not to be confused with reset) your password via the the desktop client
2) Download and install F-Secure Freedome (no hard limits, but the trial period expires after five days), FlyVPN (20-minute session limit), ProtonVPN (speed-limited), TunnelBear (500MB data limit), VPN Gate (no hard limits) or VyprVPN (no hard limits, but remember to cancel within 72 hours)
3) Connect to a server in Asia (excluding South-east Asia)
4) Restart Steam (if you're logged in)
5) Unlock the game
6, optional) Switch to Offline Mode to preserve the "Play" button as it will revert back to "Pre-load" once you're no longer connected to the VPN (even if you disconnect mid-game, you won't be booted out)

Edit: As all retail packages are runtime-restricted, those who've purchased a retail key will have to wait until the game has unlocked worldwide.

Is it really necessary to log out of steam on mobile and change passwords? Wouldn't something like Flight mode also work if it's staying connected in the background for some reason?

OP
OP
GrrImAFridge

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Is it really necessary to log out of steam on mobile and change passwords? Wouldn't something like Flight mode also work if it's staying connected in the background for some reason?

It won't work otherwise:

You need to change your password if you were recently logged into the mobile app or another instance of the desktop client. Those sessions linger for a while and prevent Steam from detecting the IP change; changing your password terminates them.

OP
OP
GrrImAFridge

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
So if I haven't used my mobile app in a while or am just logged into 1 session on the same desktop, I'd be alright? Or could try? I still won't be able to play for another 3 hours, so I could shut steam down for that session reset now.

I'm not sure how long the sessions linger until they expire, but I don't think three hours would be long enough.

Do I need to change my password if I don't have Steam Mobile?

You should be fine provided you haven't logged into your account on another system recently. I'm fairly certain browser sessions don't play into it.