• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
PEOPLE WITH CONTROLLER ISSUES:
I just figured out a fix, its really dumb. Right click the game in your Steam Library, got to properties and then on General, set the Steam Input Per-Game Settings to 'Forced Off'. Now my controllers work... gg.
Even this didn't work for me. I have tried using both ds4 and in-built steam config. Don't know what the issue is.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
Considering just buying the Steam version to play today, even though my key should be ready from g2play.net tomorrow.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Yes and no, respectively, but be aware that the game won't be shareable until it has unlocked worldwide.

Okay thanks! :) And yeah I know I just asked because I share my account with 5 friends and they share back with me and sometimes my PC loses the access to their libraries so I always feel like a huge bother calling all five of them and going through this whole: "Hey sorry my PC messed up, can I log-in to your Steam account again just for a sec?" makes me feel like I'm a huge bother to them whenever it happens.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Fullscreen camera stutter went away after I restarted my PC (for an unrelated reason). Weird.

Thanks for the Borderless app links guys, I'll definitely give that a try if the issue comes back.

maenckman

Dec 3, 2018
I am probably stupid but I followed the VPN instructions and now Steam says "Sekiro is not available in your territory". Do I have to change anything after logging in?

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Seems like this has the same controller issues that DS3 had. Japanese game support on PC just plain suck for reasons like this.

What helped me in DS3 was disabling Controller Desktop configuration in Steam. I had less problems with my X1 Controller than with my DS4 though for whatever reason.

Oct 25, 2017
I think you can go into big picture mode and do manual remap stuff. That should let you turn off gyro. Some folks have been saying to disable steam SB ds4 support and let the game run it natively. I almost always use Ds4win and I have never had problems.
Thanks, I was configuring outside of BPM so I didn't have the full array of options in front of me. This seems to have worked.

Edit: oh I could have accessed this by right clicking the game outside BPM. Well thanks for reminding me what to look for anyway!

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
1080ti

Getting locked 60fps at 1440p on all Max* settings

( *DOF and Motion Blur set to Off like I do in all games)

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
Do you have the unofficial DS4 controller app active?
The controller doesn't work at all if I have that app active and steam settings off. If I turn on the steam setting and close the ds4 app then the controller works but there is this weird motion controlled mouse happening whoch makes the game unplayable.
I don't use steam settings so I have no idea how to turn it off. Would appreciate any help.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
The controller doesn't work at all if I have that app active and steam settings off. If I turn on the steam setting and close the ds4 app then the controller works but there is this weird motion controlled mouse happening whoch makes the game unplayable.
I don't use steam settings so I have no idea how to turn it off. Would appreciate any help.

I'm positive I've had this issue. I would recommend fucking around with the settings in Big Picture. There are two sets of menus with settings that could be the source of your issues, IIRC. Give me 30 minutes to get my game downloaded and decrypted and I will investigate my own setup - I'll probably encounter the same issue. Happens every time with From games.

Spine_Ripper

Oct 25, 2017
And is 1440p 60 FPS doable on the 1070?
Hope for 1440p60 with my 1070.
Any reports of 1440p performance on a 1070? Is it even possible for 60fps?
I'm running a 1070 with a i7-7700 and the game runs at 1440p at 60 on high settings on default. I'm sure it can handle max settings.

EDIT: It can run max settings just fine, zero performance issues!

Last edited:

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
I'm positive I've had this issue. I would recommend fucking around with the settings in Big Picture. There are two sets of menus with settings that could be the source of your issues, IIRC. Give me 30 minutes to get my game downloaded and decrypted and I will investigate my own setup - I'll probably encounter the same issue. Happens every time with From games.
Ok screwing around in settings worked lol. First time I had this issue. Thanks for the help.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
The game is locked at 20fps for me for some reason, can't figure out why.

Do you have a custom resolution configured in your control panel set at 20hz? Could also be the resolution setting in the game has a HZ identifier in it. It's usually the case when you see multiple versions of the same resolution in the graphics options.

Deleted member 1105

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does it have multiple hertz for the resolution setting?
Do you have a custom resolution configured in your control panel set at 20hz? Could also be the resolution setting in the game has a HZ identifier in it. It's usually the case when you see multiple versions of the same resolution in the graphics options.
Nope, just a single option for each resolution. No Hz options anywhere that I can see.

OP
OP
GrrImAFridge

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
What did you do? What settings and so on? Do you get PS icons as well ingame?
Close the ds4 app and activate the controller from steam settings in big picture mode. After that go to the your Library in Big picture mode, then sekiro -> Manage Game->Controller Configurations.
You can turn off the gyro by going to that weird sumbol under the touch pad.
I also started having an issue where the right joystick started controlling the mouse. You can fix that too from Controller Configurations.

Last edited:

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Just finished my new rig yesterday and after running Anthem flawlessly, it was having terrible performance problems with Apex Legends and now I'm scared off of throwing anything else at it despite the fact that it should handle this no problem at 4K, near 60 FPS.

Am I just being paranoid because of one bad experience and I should be fine to hop in or should I just be cautious and go with the One X version to be safe?

Specs:
ASUS Turbo RTX 2080
16 GB DDR4 RAM
Intel i7-9700k

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
8700K/RTX 2080, all maxed 1440p except motion blur off. Runs great. Seems to hit 60 with no problem.

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, was able to unlock it via VPN. Just a quick question, is this game playable at higher fps? Seems to be locked to 60 only, wondering if it is possible to unlock the framerate.