• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not home until tommorrow, so Im gonna try the game on a shitty Surface Pro.

Don't wish me luck, no need for it, my laptop will burn anyways.

Anomander

Oct 27, 2017
Shame it doesn't have resolution scaling and it's capped at 60fps apparently. I guess I'll try it at 1440p with my 1070ti.

Unkindled

Nov 27, 2018
Does anyone know the performance at 1080 7700k at 1440p? also I don't see any driver update regarding this game from Nvidia.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm using Steam controller support for my DS4 and the game is treating the gyro controls as a mouse which of course makes it unplayable. This didn't happen with DMC5 (the only other time I've used my DS4 through Steam). How do I fix this? Or is this From's fault?

Hybris

Oct 25, 2017
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Damn, I mean I guess I expected the 60 fps lock since FS always does this, but I am hoping one of these days they improve their games to actually function properly past 60.

Kaako

Oct 25, 2017
Sigh...capped fps. Can we manually uncap ourselves via config file or is that shit tied to the engine/animations?

Ryu bogard

Nov 23, 2017
HDR does not seem to work. Even after Turning HDR on my TV does not detect any HDR and it makes everything look washed out terrible.

sym30l1c

Oct 25, 2017
2080 Ti + 2700x here. I've checked only the very beginning of the game: at 4K with everything maxed out (without motion blur), it runs very smooth.
I haven't checked the framerate, but it's clearly 60fps with no drops.

Also, HDR looks like shit, extremely washed out.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Changing (not to be confused with resetting) your password is enough, and if you did remove 2FA, you'd be hit with trading and market cooldowns.

Edit: The Steam mobile app will still generate valid 2FA codes even when you're forcibly logged out after changing your password.

Thanks! Unpacking now!

anyone know if a 1080 will run this at 1440/60?

Can tell you shortly, have 8700 and 1080.

Puggles

Sometimes, it's not a fart
Nov 3, 2017
Hoping for 1440p60 on a 1070 and 2700...anyone using this combo?

DealWithIt

Oct 28, 2017
I'm using Steam controller support for my DS4 and the game is treating the gyro controls as a mouse which of course makes it unplayable. This didn't happen with DMC5 (the only other time I've used my DS4 through Steam). How do I fix this? Or is this From's fault?

I think you can go into big picture mode and do manual remap stuff. That should let you turn off gyro. Some folks have been saying to disable steam SB ds4 support and let the game run it natively. I almost always use Ds4win and I have never had problems.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why do people change their Steam password? Never had to do that to get a VPN to unlock a game early. Didn't need to for Sekiro either.

Nothing but black screens though. From Software stay winning.

The Pharmercy

Oct 26, 2017
Is HDR just the case of HDR on PC tending to be borked (from my understanding)? Because in one of the GI interviews they talked about how they were using HDR this time etc so it'd be weird if the game itself was like...naturally bugged

Wiseblood

Oct 28, 2017
The store page says it supports Steam Cloud but I'm hearing it actually doesn't? Can anyone confirm?

ZmillA

Oct 27, 2017
ive Had issues with HDR on PC in the past but have always gotten it to work in the end. Hopefully this is just another finicky implementation and not just a straight up bad one.

OP
OP
GrrImAFridge

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
The store page says it supports Steam Cloud but I'm hearing it actually doesn't? Can anyone confirm?

Steam Cloud is supported.

Edit: And just for good measure:
7e0b1791-4636-4cf1-9486-63eef8153870.png

Last edited:

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
PEOPLE WITH CONTROLLER ISSUES:
I just figured out a fix, its really dumb. Right click the game in your Steam Library, got to properties and then on General, set the Steam Input Per-Game Settings to 'Forced Off'. Now my controllers work... gg.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Framerate is locked at 60 but I'm getting unplayable stuttering with any camera movement. Anyone else having issues?
Came here to complain about this. It's unbearable. But it's smooth in windowed mode. Since this game doesn't have a borderless window mode, is there any good aplication I could use to remove the border in Windowed mode in any game?

Spine_Ripper

Oct 25, 2017
To unlock the game early via VPN:

1) Log out of the Steam mobile app and change (not to be confused with reset) your password via the the desktop client
2) Download and install F-Secure Freedome (no hard limits, but the trial period expires after five days), FlyVPN (20-minute session limit), ProtonVPN (speed-limited), TunnelBear (500MB data limit), VPN Gate (no hard limits) or VyprVPN (no hard limits, but remember to cancel within 72 hours)
3) Connect to a server in Asia (excluding South-east Asia)
4) Restart Steam (if you're logged in)
5) Unlock the game
6, optional) Switch to Offline Mode to preserve the "Play" button as it will revert back to "Pre-load" once you're no longer connected to the VPN (even if you disconnect mid-game, you won't be booted out)
Today is my only day off til Wednesday of next week, thank you good sir/mam. Gonna play all day!

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
PEOPLE WITH CONTROLLER ISSUES:
I just figured out a fix, its really dumb. Right click the game in your Steam Library, got to properties and then on General, set the Steam Input Per-Game Settings to 'Forced Off'. Now my controllers work... gg.

I was having this problem with PCSX2 through steam, and realized i had to force shut off PS4 controller through steam to use said PS4 controller while emulating. So ass backwards.

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
Uhh..I can't use my ps4 controller in-game at all. This is weird. I have tried both ds and steam in-built. Nothing's working.

OP
OP
GrrImAFridge

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
im confused, why do you need to change your password?

Read the quoted post directly below the VPN instructions. ;)

Edit: Oh, sorry, I thought this was the OT. Here's the post:
You need to change your password if you were recently logged into the mobile app or another instance of the desktop client. Those sessions linger for a while and prevent Steam from detecting the IP change; changing your password terminates them.