• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
Need confirmation of 21:9 support. Guessing it's locked to 60 like every other From title on PC.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
To unlock the game early via VPN:

1) Log out of the Steam mobile app and change (not to be confused with reset) your password via the the desktop client
2) Download and install F-Secure Freedome (no hard limits, but the trial period expires after five days), FlyVPN (20-minute session limit), ProtonVPN (speed-limited), TunnelBear (500MB data limit), VPN Gate (no hard limits) or VyprVPN (no hard limits, but remember to cancel within 72 hours)
3) Connect to a server in Asia (excluding South-east Asia)
4) Restart Steam (if you're logged in)
5) Unlock the game
6, optional) Switch to Offline Mode to preserve the "Play" button as it will revert back to "Pre-load" once you're no longer connected to the VPN (even if you disconnect mid-game, you won't be booted out)
I'll actually do it this time

Elixist

Oct 31, 2017
just to be clear, i want to unlock and preload in my region. then while in client change password, close client, vpn to asia then reopen steam?

GamingRobioto

May 18, 2018
Exeter, UK
Will keep an eye on this. I've got the PS4 version coming (present from my girlfriend), but I'm seriously considering returning it to get the PC version.

4790k + 980ti here

Einherjer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Will keep an eye on this. I've got the PS4 version coming (present from my girlfriend), but I'm seriously considering returning it to get the PC version.

4790k + 980ti here

I played the PS4 version on a pro there is lots of micro stuttering and frame drops like DS3 i would return it your PC is more then adequate to get a better experience then that.

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How CPU intensive was Dark Souls III? I have an old 2500k and 1070 and it ran at mostly 60 @ 1440p, just hoping that I won't be held back by my CPU for this title.

Either way I'm fine playing at 1080p / 60 FPS given that this uses TAA now.

Haloid1177

Oct 25, 2017
This would not surprise me. I assume it's using the Dark Souls 3 engine, so any limitations it has will be in Sekiro. I wonder how 4K performance is on the Vega 56. Hadn't played DS3 since I got my V56, but I'd rather just wait for Sekiro than redownload Dark Souls.

Was there an easy fix for 21:9 in DS3? Could be a deal breaker for me.

Elixist

Oct 31, 2017
giphy.gif

TyMiles2012

Mar 26, 2018
Was there an easy fix for 21:9 in DS3? Could be a deal breaker for me.

Yes. Look up Dark Souls 3 WSGF on Google and it'll point you in the right direction. The same software might be used for Sekiro, but it also includes a hex edit solution if you don't want to use third party software. Seeing how easy it is for DS3, it shouldn't take long for a solution for Sekiro to come around.

OP
OP
GrrImAFridge

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Nope doesn't allow to fam share

V5bj4SF.jpg

Family Sharing doesn't recognise release state overrides. It'll be shareable once it has unlocked worldwide.

JaseC is there a reason to select CRD drivers over normal gaming driver releases?

Sort of:

My understanding is that creative-ready drivers are essentially game-ready drivers for software that also include the general fixes and changes from that branch but not the optimisations for new game releases.

Basically, you're getting the latest driver sooner but without the new game-ready component.

Last edited: