• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia

(Click for general game info.)

🖥️ System requirements:
sekirosysreqslgk0e.jpg

🧰 Latest drivers: (as at 24/02/2022)
AMD: 22.2.2
Nvidia: 511.79

📊 Benchmarks:
GameGPU (Russian; launch build)
PCLab (Polish; launch build)

🎩 Tips and tricks:
Cap the frame rate/potentially improve frame times: Download RivaTuner Statistics Server (if you use MSI Afterburner, then you already have it installed), input your desired framerate limit in the "Framerate limit" box, and hit Enter . Alternatively, those with an Nvidia GPU can either cap the frame rate at the driver level via the Nvidia Control Panel (requires the 441.87+ drivers) or use Nvidia Inspector to force a vsync internal lower than one-half (click the small tool icon to open the game profile section).
Note: Useful if your system can't maintain, say, 60fps and you're sensitive to the wild fluctuations, or you're experiencing uneven frame times. The greater window the engine has to render a given frame, if you're imposing a lower frame rate than the game can otherwise provide, may also help in alleviating stuttering related to data streaming.
Run the game in a borderless window: Use the aptly-named Borderless Gaming program. See here for a usage guide.
Note: You can purchase the program on Steam for USD$4 or your regional equivalent if you're feeling charitable.
Fix washed-out colour reproduction when using HDR: Alt-tab out of and then back into the game. Also, install ReShade and follow these instructions to force the correct black level range. (Credit to ABK281 and Ritchey @ Steam Community via tet666.)
Fix low frame rate cap when using multiple displays: Disconnect the secondary displays. (Credit to Imp the Dimp.)
Fix camera stuttering when using Steam's in-built controller support: While in Big Picture Mode, navigate to Library -> Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice -> Manage Game -> Controller Configuration and change the function of the right stick to Joystick Move. (Credit to Look at this cat @ Steam Community via Shinobido Heart.)
Remove low health and stealth indicators: Extract this file to the root of the game's installation folder. (Credit to jackfuste and Aure @ WSGF via andymoogle.)
Enable DualShock button prompts: Install this mod. (Credit to Katalash @ Nexus Mods via Questionable Giraffe.)
Enable ultra-wide support, adjust field of view, and/or remove frame rate cap: Install this mod. (Credit to jackfuste @ WSGF and uberhalit @ Nexus Mods via laxu.) You may also want to disable the low health and stealth indicators as they were designed with 16:9 in mind (see "Remove low health and stealth indicators" above).
Mitigate stuttering: Install this mod. (Credit to Kaldaien @ Steam Community via Simboubou.)

icon_warning.png
When posting your own tip/trick or something else you'd like to see here in the OP, be sure to tag my username (@GrrImAFridge), as this way I'll receive a notification. I may miss your suggestion otherwise.

⚙️ Graphics settings:

Screen mode: Windowed/Fullscreen
Screen resolution: Self-explanatory
Automatic rendering adjustment: Off/On
Quality settings: Low; Medium; High; Max

Texture quality: Low; Medium; High; Max
Anti-aliasing application: Off/On
SSAO: Off; Medium; High; Max
Depth of field: Off; Low; Medium; High; Max
Motion blur: Off; Low; Medium; High
Shadow quality: Low; Medium; High; Max
Lighting quality: Low; Medium; High; Max
Effects quality: Low; Medium; High; Max
Volumetric quality: Low; Medium; High; Max
Reflections quality: Low; High; Max
Water surface quality: Low; High
Shader quality: Low; Medium; High

Last edited:
OP
OP
GrrImAFridge

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
To unlock the game early via VPN:

1) Log out of the Steam mobile app and change (not to be confused with reset) your password via the the desktop client
2) Download and install F-Secure Freedome (no hard limits, but the trial period expires after five days), FlyVPN (20-minute session limit), ProtonVPN (speed-limited), TunnelBear (500MB data limit), VPN Gate (no hard limits) or VyprVPN (no hard limits, but remember to cancel within 72 hours)
3) Connect to a server in Asia (excluding South-east Asia)
4) Restart Steam (if you're logged in)
5) Unlock the game
6, optional) Switch to Offline Mode to preserve the "Play" button as it will revert back to "Pre-load" once you're no longer connected to the VPN (even if you disconnect mid-game, you won't be booted out)

Edit: As all retail packages are runtime-restricted, those who've purchased a retail key will have to wait until the game has unlocked worldwide.

Edit edit: No longer necessary.

Last edited:

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
To unlock the game early via VPN:

1) Log out of the Steam mobile app and change (not to be confused with reset) your password via the the desktop client
2) Download and install F-Secure Freedome (no hard limits, but the trial period expires after five days), FlyVPN (20-minute session limit), ProtonVPN (speed-limited), TunnelBear (500MB data limit), VPN Gate (no hard limits) or VyprVPN (no hard limits, but remember to cancel within 72 hours)
3) Connect to a server in Asia (excluding South-east Asia)
4) Restart Steam (if you're logged in)
5) Unlock the game
6, optional) Switch to Offline Mode to preserve the "Play" button as it will revert back to "Pre-load" once you're no longer connected to the VPN (even if you disconnect mid-game, you won't be booted out)
Will this work for sure with this? Just I think it's different depots

Kaako

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for this JaseC, as usual. I wanna play max settings at 144fps+ gsync but not sure if possible with this one.

OP
OP
GrrImAFridge

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
The game can't be launched. Someone forgot to update the executable depot with the actual executable. The current one is actually a text file containing "Sekiro Pre-Load EXE".

Oct 25, 2017
Yes and no. The game unlocks as it should, but until From updates the binaries depot with the actual data, nobody can play it.
So if I were to unlock it now, would I need to just stay connected via VPN and wait until the update is pushed? Or would it be smarter to wait until it's been updated to start the process?

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't mind waiting if the unlock time for the rest of the world wasn't so shitty. I wish we knew the unlock time earlier, then I'd request monday and tuesday off instead of friday and monday. As it is, I'll spend half of release day off doing nothing. I guess I could clean the house again.

Kazer

Oct 27, 2017
Hope they fix that soon. Gunna try the VPN once it's actually working for folks.

OP
OP
GrrImAFridge

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Goddamn it lol. How does this work, there a chance it'll get updated today?

I'm sure it'll be fixed very soon. It's just a matter of uploading the proper files to Steam and publishing the changes.

So if I were to unlock it now, would I need to just stay connected via VPN and wait until the update is pushed? Or would it be smarter to wait until it's been updated to start the process?

I would wait, just to be safe.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Nvidia: 419.67 CRD (10 series and above)/419.35 GRD (9 series and below)

wait, I have a 2080 but my driver is .35 and it says its the latest?
419.35 is the latest game ready driver. I see no need for us to download the Creator driver as it only has improvements for non-gaming related stuff. That's what i think anyway, perhaps the OP should be edited.

EDIT: The CRD driver has some fixes listed for other games, but nothing for Sekiro it seems.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
I have a desktop with a GTX 1070 but during this weekend I only have access to a laptop with a i5 8300H at around 3.9 GHz and a GTX 1050 4 GB. What are the chances of me getting 1080p 60 FPS or 900p 60 FPS at ~medium settings on my laptop?

And is 1440p 60 FPS doable on the 1070?

OP
OP
GrrImAFridge

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Nvidia: 419.67 CRD (10 series and above)/419.35 GRD (9 series and below)

wait, I have a 2080 but my driver is .35 and it says its the latest?

My understanding is that creative-ready drivers are essentially game-ready drivers for software that also include the general fixes and changes from that branch but not the optimisations for new game releases.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Just wanna know if a 2060 can manage 4K60.
From the Japanese site

4K recommended operating environment

OS

Windows 7 - 64 Bit / Windows 8.1 - 64 Bit / Windows 10 - 64 Bit

CPU

Intel Core i7-8700K | AMD Ryzen 2700X

GPU

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti | AMD Radeon Vega 64

RAM

16 GB

Hard disk capacity

25 GB or more

DirectX

DirectX 11

Sound card

DirectX 11 sound device

This information is from the Japanese Sekiro site.

GasPanic!

Oct 28, 2017
I was able to play Dark Souls 3 with a GTX 1080 / i7 7700k at 4k/60 fps just with a few settings turned down a bit.
Hope the same goes for Sekiro.