• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
You got it! You understand the concept of how this works. Just some practice and you'll be fine.

I will give her another try tonight. I decided to take a break until I really focused on that orange clash and a little bit of the sound. I was not being aggressive or focused once I changed my style to being aggressive and focused the results started to improve.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Lady Butterfly can be fought later than you first find her, so don't feel back if you're having trouble with her right now, you can always come back to her when you're a bit more powered up. After defeating the bull boss the game opens up a lot more with several branching paths.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
Beat the butterfly. Going back to the bull. I think I got everything in Hirata but I forget what's there.

I missed these dudes by the bull with big hats. They are surprisingly tough.

Congrats on beating Lady Butterfly. Hopefully the lesson you learned with stick. That said, not all bosses function this way. Some play more like traditional action game bosses where you have to go in for the opening to damage them directly.

Are you talking about the short guys with the big hats? The ax can break their hats.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
I believe you gotta wait until they're blocking with their hats to chop it in half.

Ah. I wandered around and found a headless in another direction. But went back and beat the bull and now I'm a temple.

Ran by a kite and through another temple with locusts. Now they're safe these spear enemy but a broken bridge.

Last edited:

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
Ah. I wandered around and found a headless in another direction. But went back and beat the bull and now I'm a temple.

Ran by a kite and through another temple with locusts. Now they're safe these spear enemy but a broken bridge.

Oh, those guys by the bridge are pretty deadly. Luckily, you won't encounter too many of them. I recommend going back and exploring the castle some more. I would recommend stopping exploring the castle if you run into Genichiro and go back to explore the rest of the temple.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
One thing about resurrection. I have two orbs, I thought an item said I got another? Sometimes I think I can resurrect 2 times? But just of the time once unless my memory is shot. I saw one video and someone has 3 pink orbs.

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
One thing about resurrection. I have two orbs, I thought an item said I got another? Sometimes I think I can resurrect 2 times? But just of the time once unless my memory is shot. I saw one video and someone has 3 pink orbs.
You can get another one later on iirc; one is always available, the other two need to "recharge". If you're stuck on a boss and you're just practicing, it might be good to give to "save" up on the rechargeable ones untile you think you have a good chance of beating them.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
More progress. Some snake eyes enemy with a gun, some scissor hand creep. Maybe another, losing track.

I'm kind of lost now after a gun fort, and a bunch of dungeon.

Early on I found a headless. There is a shichimen warrior I found too but both are hard to touch. I found and bought an iron umbrella that's supposed to be good.

There was a locked door in the castle that I went back to and finally found a way in. Funny, first time I never got the prompt I needed.

Last edited:

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
More progress. Some snake eyes enemy with a gun, some scissor hand creep. Maybe another, losing track.

I'm kind of lost now after a gun fort, and a bunch of dungeon.

Early on I found a headless. There is a shichimen warrior I found too but both are hard to touch. I found and bought an iron umbrella that's supposed to be good.

There was a locked door in the castle that I went back to and finally found a way in. Funny, first time I never got the prompt I needed.

You need to make your way up Ashina Castle and fight Genichiro. After beating him, go finish the temple. You have to beat Genichiro before you can finish the temple cause it's a plot-related thing.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
You need to make your way up Ashina Castle and fight Genichiro. After beating him, go finish the temple. You have to beat Genichiro before you can finish the temple cause it's a plot-related thing.

Currently fighting. I can get this 2 blows down. Then destroyed lol.

Got him halfway down once without eel. Eel helps, but one or two hits and I'm still toast. He either misses me in the air, it he hits me in the air when I can't discharge.

Last edited:

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
Currently fighting. I can get this 2 blows down. Then destroyed lol.

Got him halfway down once without eel. Eel helps, but one or two hits and I'm still toast. He either misses me in the air, it he hits me in the air when I can't discharge.

Check the previous page. I have a breakdown of the fight written. The lightning move just once again comes down to not doing anything and waiting for him to unleash the move. You can react with more precision if you give yourself time. Of course, this is easier said than done. It takes practice to know when to wait for his lighting attack.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
Check the previous page. I have a breakdown of the fight written. The lightning move just once again comes down to not doing anything and waiting for him to unleash the move. You can react with more precision if you give yourself time. Of course, this is easier said than done. It takes practice to know when to wait for his lighting attack.

I think I regressed. Played an hour and I swear the stupidest things keep happening. I know his patterns. Peeked one video, and he never did tricks on another player and got put down.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
Take a break. It happens. Come back to it tomorrow and try again.

Did it and did it.
First try almost had him flawless.
Then a bunch of nonsense.
Finally did him fairly easy. Turns on starting close helped. And I was timing the lightning counter wrong and it diagonal jumps were no good.

I'm sunken too 4% unseen aid and lots of rot. Is there a limit to the cure it amount of droplets? Don't care much about aid itself, but helping npc.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
I'm sunken too 4% unseen aid and lots of rot. Is there a limit to the cure it amount of droplets? Don't care much about aid itself, but helping npc.

Not sure what you mean. Like are you asking if the game has a limited amount of dragon droplets and you're afraid to use them at the wrong time thus running out and not being able to complete the side quests? If so, there is a limited number of them. There are 15 total in the game.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure what you mean. Like are you asking if the game has a limited amount of dragon droplets and you're afraid to use them at the wrong time thus running out and not being able to complete the side quests? If so, there is a limited number of them. There are 15 total in the game.

Yeah. Looked it up and seems like there are 15 and mobs may restock. I am always nervous to look up basic things in fear of spoilers.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah. Looked it up and seems like there are 15 and mobs may restock. I am always nervous to look up basic things in fear of spoilers.

I had to look it up as well. I never ran out in my first play-through. Of course, I died, but I used it sparingly enough that I never ran out and was still able to complete the side quests.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
I had to look it up as well. I never ran out in my first play-through. Of course, I died, but I used it sparingly enough that I never ran out and was still able to complete the side quests.

Started to explore after genichiro and there is so much. Found a pinwheel, esoteric book, demon Bell and tons of sculptor. Need to stop, but there is so much and I'm afraid I'll forget where I have been and wanted to search more.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
Executed and cut off his head. Then he picked it up and started flailing around. Didn't see much of an opening. And even deflects I got hurt some. I'll try again tonight.

The second fight is more like a puzzle fight. Play defensively and just look at the sword and deflect it. When he lifts the sword overhead, deflect that move and he gets stunned for a few seconds. This is when you attack. If you have the loaded spear, use it on him and you can yank the centipede out to do massive damage to him. His moves only look tricky in the phase, but he's actually really easy and predictable. The only thing to watch out for is terror. You see blood pour out, then a body wiggle, then a roar. Plenty of time to run away.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
The second fight is more like a puzzle fight.

Still studying. Think I'll watch a video. I ran off another direction and now found another serpent. I think the other one I didn't do the sequence right. Found the jump point but the head wasn't there.

Found another? Snake Eyes, thought I beat them already. I don't even have to fight them. They are standing in the swamp water and dying from toxicity lol

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
Still studying. Think I'll watch a video. I ran off another direction and now found another serpent. I think the other one I didn't do the sequence right. Found the jump point but the head wasn't there.

Found another? Snake Eyes, thought I beat them already. I don't even have to fight them. They are standing in the swamp water and dying from toxicity lol

Just watch his moves. No need to be aggressive. Let the Monkey come to you. Notice I'm always just standing still. I only move to be in a better position and avoid being up against the walls. In both phases, I'm just standing there watching calmly and letting him attack me. I do take a swing here and there when I see openings, but I generally wait for when he's wide open to attack. Note the combo starting at the 2:10 mark in the video. If you deflect the very last move, it also stuns him in the first phase.

View: https://www.facebook.com/100029081294266/videos/523720058607366/

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
Just watch his moves. No need to be aggressive. Let the Monkey come to you. Notice I'm always just standing still. I only move to be in a better position and avoid being up against the walls. In both phases, I'm just standing there watching calmly and letting him attack me. I do take a swing here and there when I see openings, but I generally wait for when he's wide open to attack. Note the combo starting at the 2:10 mark in the video. If you deflect the very last move, it also stuns him in the first phase.

View: https://www.facebook.com/100029081294266/videos/523720058607366/

Made it look so easy, thought you had the perfect flawless run. How are you supposed to know about the thrust pulling out the centipede? I tried using it earlier on armored opponents and it never seemed to strip like it said. Do you use the normal one or the thrust one.

Okay I'm deflecting his attacks but he's never getting stunned.

Got it. There is a sweet spot to stand in. Half the time I was inside him when I used the thrust.

Still, how was I to know you could thrust and rip a centipede?

Wrecked the companion with the mortal blade, then offed the ape again, and again. Aw yeah.

Last edited:

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
Made it look so easy, thought you had the perfect flawless run. How are you supposed to know about the thrust pulling out the centipede? I tried using it earlier on armored opponents and it never seemed to strip like it said. Do you use the normal one or the thrust one.

Okay I'm deflecting his attacks but he's never getting stunned.

Got it. There is a sweet spot to stand in. Half the time I was inside him when I used the thrust.

Still, how was I to know you could thrust and rip a centipede?

Wrecked the companion with the mortal blade, then offed the ape again, and again. Aw yeah.

Yeah, I messed up the timing in one attack and ended up taking a lot of damage.

You have you press the button twice. Once the thrust the spear, a second to pull it.

If he's not stunned by the deflect, it's probably cause you missed the timing and blocked instead of deflect.

I didn't discover the centipede trick. I forgot where I found it.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Finished this game last year. The more I reflect upon it the more I feel like it's possibly the most flawless game I've ever played.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
I'm practicing how to deflect One Mind perfectly. It's ironic because it's a hard move but he doesn't use it enough for me to get consistent practice against it.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
I did the plunging kill on the snake. I explored and died, and now see there was a cave with a droplet and statue. But I can't figure out how to get back in there. Did I miss my shot, only way was to jump after the kill?

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
I did the plunging kill on the snake. I explored and died, and now see there was a cave with a droplet and statue. But I can't figure out how to get back in there. Did I miss my shot, only way was to jump after the kill?
Yeah you can't go back there. It's annoying but you aren't missing out on much at least.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
Ran into the forest killed a monk, now I can swim. But I can't travel to the castle?

Is there a second corrupted monk? Otherwise I did not unlock the achievement for defeating him.

How far into the game am I?

Last edited:

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
Ran into the forest killed a monk, now I can swim. But I can't travel to the castle?

Is there a second corrupted monk? Otherwise I did not unlock the achievement for defeating him.

How far into the game am I?

You can enter the castle through the dungeon. Just warp there.

You're like 2/3 through the game. There is another monk fight, but it's a bit later.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
I'm getting really pissed off with this owl fight because I know his pattern. It's ridiculously easy but he tracks and clips through everything.

What do you mean he clips through everything? The arena is pretty empty for the most part except for the doors.

Here's a fun trick to abuse him. When he enters his second phase and begs for mercy. Don't approach him. Use that time to heal up and buff. Use your pellets instead to heal cause you have all the time you need.

I find his second phase more annoying with the poison. It really limits my movement options.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
What do you mean he clips through everything? The arena is pretty empty for the most part except for the doors.

Here's a fun trick to abuse him. When he enters his second phase and begs for mercy. Don't approach him. Use that time to heal up and buff. Use your pellets instead to heal cause you have all the time you need.

I find his second phase more annoying with the poison. It really limits my movement options.

I can be behind a pillar and he can swing his sword or perilous thrust through/it. Also there is a annoying move it does that looks punish because he winds up his sword for so long. If you do nothing he just chops, but if you go to punish her with start swinging around.

I do think it funny that if you thrust he will counter like you can.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
I can be behind a pillar and he can swing his sword or perilous thrust through/it. Also there is a annoying move it does that looks punish because he winds up his sword for so long. If you do nothing he just chops, but if you go to punish her with start swinging around.

I do think it funny that if you thrust he will counter like you can.

Oooooh, the second fight. I thought you were talking about the first fight.

For the wind-up move, you can time it by either 2 slashes and then dodge to the side, or you can wait until the sword is overhead before dodging to the side. The timing is tricky.

View: https://streamable.com/ok2w39

You'll also notice sometimes I'm swinging my sword in thin air (not when he jumps away, those are genuine mistakes). I actually do that as a defense since he sometimes runs into my sword swings, or I catch him as he's about to do his sweep attack. It just completely catches him off guard.

Also, don't worry too much about catching him with the head stomp if he tries to sweep. I got lucky on mine and manage to stomp him. Try to hold your stick to the bottom left when jumping to try and catch him with the stomp.

also notice how I try to move around to be away from the pillars, cause if your back is against the pillar, the camera goes bonkers. When I caught him in the corner, you'll notice I briefly lost track of him due to lock-on couldn't keep up with him. That got hairy, but I was able to quickly regain control and move out of the corner.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
Oooooh, the second fight. I thought you were talking about the first fight.

Down. I got a third system that worked while being aggressive. Then for the second form, he was more slightly annoying than hard when I realized you could hop over his fire and get a free thrust counter.

I just watched your vid and it looks like I unknowingly used similar tactics. And your model always cracks me up.

View: https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/nihilence/video/161684284

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
Down. I got a third system that worked while being aggressive. Then for the second form, he was more slightly annoying than hard when I realized you could hop over his fire and get a free thrust counter.

I just watched your vid and it looks like I unknowingly used similar tactics. And your model always cracks me up.

View: https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/nihilence/video/161684284

Yeah, both of his forms are more annoying than hard. He has so many little bullshit moves that make him hard to deal with.

I should make a series of boss video tutorials using Shaggy.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
He's pretty easy if you have the aerial death blow. Make sure you have a few confetti and jump when he hovers in the air firing his fireballs. Insta death blow. I discovered it by accident. It was hilarious. I thought it was a glitch or something.

I have the air kill but wasn't using the confetti. Probably just burned about 6 because of that huge blast I always get killed. Didn't need aerial though since 2-3 combos killed.

I'm also pissed at the palace one. Before I knew the trick I was about to plunge him from the waterfall every time. Now it's been a dozen tries and I can't hit him. Two down. Might as well finish then and headless.

Last edited:

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
I cheesed the demon from the roof.
Sweet, beat some seven guy and find all the beads.
I think I downed everything I can in this run except for two headless monsters.

The last form of genichiro is either too easy or catches me off guard with something.

Sword Saint was annoying. Maybe I first started playing him when I was too tired but even today I had difficulty. Eventually I beat him and then scummed all the saves I could.

Last edited: