• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
The latter, yes - it's the opposite from Bloodborne. Most of the endings are "good" in varying ways and only one of the endings is "Bad" - and it's really obvious when you have the choice to go down that path.

It's also still up in the air whether the most involved and convoluted ending (akin to getting all the umbilica in BB) is the "canon" ending or whether the "second" good ending is the canon ending.

Thank you! I've enjoyed going in mostly blind but I didn't want to risk putting a ton of time in and getting a bad ending by mistake.

Mar 29, 2018
Thank you! I've enjoyed going in mostly blind but I didn't want to risk putting a ton of time in and getting a bad ending by mistake.
No worries. I think many people would describe the more "neutral" endings as "bad" but I certainly wouldn't. They're more bittersweet/tragic but generally the day is saved and you achieved what you had to. The most convoluted ending definitely has the biggest"we won and are moving on to bigger fights" vibe, even though it's still a tragedy.

It's not as dark and stoic as BB all around!

Enjoy going in blind. It's awesome.

Peradam

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Jan 11, 2018
Which prostetic tools are the best? Are there some that do more damage than others beside those stronger against certain enemy (axe + shield, etc)
Shuriken + the Chasing Slice skill to quickly close distance and Firecrackers, especially to interrupt "danger"/perilous attacks, are my two most frequently used tools, and the Umbrella is a distant third.

The others are far more situational but one that was given a boost in the latest patch is the Axe. It costs fewer spirit emblems now and the more powerful variants deal a good amount of posture damage, so I'll probably use it more often.

tjlee2

Oct 27, 2017
Which prostetic tools are the best? Are there some that do more damage than others beside those stronger against certain enemy (axe + shield, etc)

-Flame Vent is good as it provides opening for additional hits on top of DoT. Prior to living force (or against targets that have better resist), use oil first. WIth living force, the gap between attack is smaller since you will likely cause burning on a blocked hit, which generally equates to 2 additional hits from there. You can blow out about 1/6-1/5 of a boss' vitality in one string on NG with difficulty modifiers. By far the most damaging for general purposes.

-Firecracker causes significant stagger, generally regarded as strongest tool.

-iron fortress provides deflect without really needing to pay attention to timing, and additional resistance against terror/fire depending on version chosen. Extremely useful again enemies using predominantly flurry attacks when difficulty modifiers are active, as well as terror/fire enemies when needed.

-Mist Raven is a different way of creating large gap, as enemy doesn't de-target from where player character was for a few seconds. It is also good for getting out of a corner if that happens. Most importantly, any upgraded variation allows for extraction to safety when hit, making it invaluable when fighting multiple enemies, or even against a regular hit if you don't want to get caught in follow-ups.

-Divine Abduction makes it easier to thin out weaker enemies, but it has significant weakness in its start-up (prep into activation is a long time). However, with living force, it becomes much more useful by turning the effect into on-hit at the expense of more or less becoming single target. Extremely invaluable in 1vX.

-Shuriken is just generally useful by virtue of being the only long range option available. Upgraded version also does chip damage which allows for ability to safely finish enemies at range. Chasing slice allows for reliable gap closer.

-Axe is situationally useful due to its slow speed. Outside of shield enemies, they are still strong against certain enemies, but overall it is comparatively lacking in my opinion. Fang skill isn't that great, but the spin to win component that can be spammed is pretty good at expense of being really pricey.

-Spear is situationally extremely useful, but its unique function is underutilized in the game. It's a mid-range replacement for shuriken that's slower but stronger. It has the most diverse upgrade path with sweep and thrust versions. I personally couldn't find too many situations where I'd like to use sweep, but spiral thrust is something I used a lot in certain areas. Its final upgrade is extremely lacking, unfortunately.

-Sabimaru is probably the weakest tool in the game due to poison being a weak status, but it is extremely powerful against a set of enemies. Outside of that there isn't much of a reason to use this particular multiple hit skill, especially now with how good passage combat art is.

-Finger is really just for two uses in my opinion, so extremely situational. I personally really like mountain echo for a couple of instances in the game.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
I am certainly guilty of not using prosthetics nearly enough outside certain situations. My favorite go to prosthetic is by far the shouriken, because you can use it to interrupt a ton of stuff enemies do AND let's you close the gap by making you rush after the enemy by chasing the shouriken. The final version deals pretty decent damage on top of that.

Don't worry. You kind of have to go out of your way to get the bad ending. Keep going in blind. It's the best way to experience these games. You'll have time to clean up and get the other endings later.

Zaki2407

May 6, 2018
Okay. I think I had enough of this game. The learning curve is too high for me. After playing soo many hours, I just manage up until Lady butterfly. I already took 1 week to try to beat her and yet still keep dying (And yes I tried many tactics found on YouTube). I finished Bloodborne and I think it,s my GOTG. Sekiro is a great game, but it,s not for me. It,s too stressful for my current playtime. But I,m still eagerly want to know what next from Miyazaki San. Hopefully it,s BB2 :p cheers.

Tzarscream

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Okay. I think I had enough of this game. The learning curve is too high for me. After playing soo many hours, I just manage up until Lady butterfly. I already took 1 week to try to beat her and yet still keep dying (And yes I tried many tactics found on YouTube). I finished Bloodborne and I think it,s my GOTG. Sekiro is a great game, but it,s not for me. It,s too stressful for my current playtime. But I,m still eagerly want to know what next from Miyazaki San. Hopefully it,s BB2 :p cheers.
Image was too big​

Peradam

Jan 11, 2018
Yeah, it's disappointing. But saying that, it's still very extensive. So still worth it.
I'm reading through the strategy guide and it is indeed thorough, but the one thing that I'm most interested in is exactly what triggers some alternative dialogue, which is still unclear.

Demon of Hatred's alternative dialogue where Wolf recognises him, which in turn changes the Shura Storyteller's dialogue after the fight. The dialogue change isn't mentioned at all.

I thought it was related to eavesdropping and sake. On my blind playthrough, it seems I missed the first eavesdrop opportunity early in the game. I also gave him all the sake, but a different version of the Ashina sake and not the one Emma hands to you. I thought one of those may have screwed me as I didn't get the "good" dialogue, but wasn't sure which. I left it too late to give Dragonspring sake to Emma, but that was the only other thing I messed up.

In the guide, eavesdropping opportunities are all listed together in the back of the book, with references to Anayama's quest and the Purification ending, but not DoH. For his quest line, the Sculptor's interactions table doesn't mention eavesdropping at all and only says, "Give the sculptor either Ashina Sake, Unrefined Sake, etc. to receive unique dialogue. Must be done before defeating the Divine Dragon."

So it's still a bit vague, but not a huge issue. Next time I'll try not to miss anything and hand over the correct sake, I just wish they'd confirmed what prompts the change in dialogue.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Picked this up again this morning as I took a long break after only having beat the first horse boss at launch. Pressed on and just cleared the Bull on my second try. Neat fight, but I am on patch 1.04.
I didn't find it too tricky once I got the feel for dodging his ram attack(the tracking felt ludicrous at first!) I am curious how it was in the original patch that was causing such grief. Too much HP or not enough posture buildup?

I also took down the Drunkard.
He did give me problems, mostly as I just couldn't seem to nail the timing for parrying his mighty swings. So I resorted to griefing him with a stealth bar attack and then having the NPC help out to distract. It was stupid easy that way, almost felt like cheating...but From seemed to intend that approach.
Madame Butterfree however...oof.

Mar 29, 2018
Lady Butterfly etc are mostly optional, did you explore the other route more fully? The first "proper" main boss is much, MUCH easier than her

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
IMG20190428WA0001.jpg

really great, this could have been easily a cover art

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Need help with getting an ending, so I've got a question about the possible order of things.

I've already unlocked and tried the fight against owl father, but I maybe would like to advance a bit the general progression so...

When is the latest I can defeat him and still get everything necessary for the Purification ending?

I understand the problem would have been acquiring the bell, but having already unlocked the boss, can I go all the way until before the final boss even?

Also who the hell sells yellow sugar, if anyone?

As always, thanks a lot in advance.

Oct 25, 2017
Picked this up again this morning as I took a long break after only having beat the first horse boss at launch. Pressed on and just cleared the Bull on my second try. Neat fight, but I am on patch 1.04.
I didn't find it too tricky once I got the feel for dodging his ram attack(the tracking felt ludicrous at first!) I am curious how it was in the original patch that was causing such grief. Too much HP or not enough posture buildup?

I also took down the Drunkard.
He did give me problems, mostly as I just couldn't seem to nail the timing for parrying his mighty swings. So I resorted to griefing him with a stealth bar attack and then having the NPC help out to distract. It was stupid easy that way, almost felt like cheating...but From seemed to intend that approach.
Madame Butterfree however...oof.
I learned this afterward but you can actually run to the opposite end of wherever the bull is to trigger its charge attack. If you time the deflect right, it stuns the bull long enough for you to land 3 strikes. Rinse and repeat until defeated. Easy.

And yeah, I did the same thing with the Drunkard. The combat isn't intended for more than 1 enemy at a time, so you got to weed them out when you get into those situations.

For Butterfree I recommend hitting her in the air with a shuriken when she is in mid-flight jumping. It knocks her down and gives you a chance to strike. You also have to just get the timing with the deflect for her attacks. Stay in there and try to get the hang of it. You can also try getting close to her, dodging right or left, and hitting the attack button. She can't handle you consistently circling her and attacking like that.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
For Butterfree I recommend hitting her in the air with a shuriken when she is in mid-flight jumping. It knocks her down and gives you a chance to strike. You also have to just get the timing with the deflect for her attacks. Stay in there and try to get the hang of it. You can also try getting close to her, dodging right or left, and hitting the attack button. She can't handle you consistently circling her and attacking like that.

Oh! I forgot the Shuriken is good for air attacks! Finally a use for this tool.

Yea, I was mostly dodging and striking as the game popped a tooltip at the start of her fight about that. I mostly am having issues with her second form and summons. Like I don't want to waste any seed items until I understand what I am doing, but those spirits are such a pain and she is relentless while I try to weed them out...so I practically end up using no seeds and just getting slaughtered.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
Spent two hours this morning fighting the final boss. I can beat the Emma phase in like 30 seconds flat, provided I deflect all her attacks. Sometimes she catches me off guard but it's really not an issue.

After about 20 tries of getting completely destroyed by Isshin's first phase, I think I've got the hang of it and I can defeat him pretty consistently provided I can lock him into a certain rhythm of back and forth attacks and deflects, specially if I get lucky and he gives me some free posture damage with some easy to mikiri thrusts. Again, sometimes I mistime a deflect and that usually spells my doom. All of his hits stagger you and that means he'll be able to combo another hit in unless I mash circle to get the hell out of there. And even then he'll likely catch me as I'm dodging and I'm dead since every hit is like 60% damage. I can literally play perfectly for 90 seconds and then die in 1.

The final phase...I'm speechless. I feel completely out of my depth. It makes Sword Saint Isshin look like a tutorial boss. Makes you wonder why he'd even want to fight you as a young man when 100 year old, one-eyed, frail and sickly Isshin can fight like that.

I can't do anything other than run like a headless chicken and even then I get hit. This morning I had 999 spirit emblems. Now I have less than a hundred. It's very tempting to get the charm back to end this charade, but I think I can do it charmless. It's just gonna take a while.

Need help with getting an ending, so I've got a question about the possible order of things.

I've already unlocked and tried the fight against owl father, but I maybe would like to advance a bit the general progression so...

When is the latest I can defeat him and still get everything necessary for the Purification ending?

I understand the problem would have been acquiring the bell, but having already unlocked the boss, can I go all the way until before the final boss even?

Also who the hell sells yellow sugar, if anyone?

As always, thanks a lot in advance.

I'm pretty sure you can do it super late. As in, you can kill the final boss, leave the arena, go back to Hirata Estate and then kill Owl to get the necessary item.

I don't remember if any mechant sells Gokan's Sugar, but even if they do, it's probably in limited quantities. If you have the Mibu's breathing technique, there's a Headless near the Under-Shrine Valley that will grant you Gokan's Spiritfall. After patch 1.03, it has the same effect as the sugar at the cost of 2 Spirit Emblems.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Spent two hours this morning fighting the final boss. I can beat the Emma phase in like 30 seconds flat, provided I deflect all her attacks. Sometimes she catches me off guard but it's really not an issue.

After about 20 tries of getting completely destroyed by Isshin's first phase, I think I've got the hang of it and I can defeat him pretty consistently provided I can lock him into a certain rhythm of back and forth attacks and deflects, specially if I get lucky and he gives me some free posture damage with some easy to mikiri thrusts. Again, sometimes I mistime a deflect and that usually spells my doom. All of his hits stagger you and that means he'll be able to combo another hit in unless I mash circle to get the hell out of there. And even then he'll likely catch me as I'm dodging and I'm dead since every hit is like 60% damage. I can literally play perfectly for 90 seconds and then die in 1.

The final phase...I'm speechless. I feel completely out of my depth. I can't do anything other than run like a headless chicken and even then I get hit. This morning I had 999 spirit emblems. Now I have less than a hundred. It's very tempting to get the charm back to end this charade, but I think I can do it charmless. It's just gonna take a while.

I spend like 8h in this fight.

I used the Umbrella to deal with the fire when far away from him and the Firecrackers to stop him when in close range.
He also always starts with the big fire attack so after the 1 stage deathblow always hit him with Firecrackers to stop the first big attack and get some free hits.
Most of his attacks are also the same as in the 1 stage but have fire added at the end so make sure to dogde that last hit instead of deflecting.

But yeah their hits are ridiculous, it's like 70% hp gone each time.

Last edited:

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017

The final phase...I'm speechless. I feel completely out of my depth. It makes Sword Saint Isshin look like a tutorial boss. Makes you wonder why he'd even want to fight you as a young man when 100 year old, one-eyed, frail and sickly Isshin can fight like that.

I can't do anything other than run like a headless chicken and even then I get hit. This morning I had 999 spirit emblems. Now I have less than a hundred. It's very tempting to get the charm back to end this charade, but I think I can do it charmless. It's just gonna take a while.

I'm pretty sure you can do it super late. As in, you can kill the final boss, leave the arena, go back to Hirata Estate and then kill Owl to get the necessary item.

I don't remember if any mechant sells Gokan's Sugar, but even if they do, it's probably in limited quantities. If you have the Mibu's breathing technique, there's a Headless near the Under-Shrine Valley that will grant you Gokan's Spiritfall. After patch 1.03, it has the same effect as the sugar at the cost of 2 Spirit Emblems.

Thanks, same duration though?

And for your fight, with my charm it looked way easier than the other final fight. Just use the umbrella for the new attacks and the rest is pretty much the same. Look out for the floor though, it's the key to avoid the most unfair attack IN THE GAME imho.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
I spend like 8h in this fight.

I used the Umbrella to deal with the fire when far away from him and the Firecrackers to stop him when in close range.
He also always starts with the big fire attack so after the 1 stage deathblow always hit him with Firecrackers to stop the first big attack and get some free hits.
Most of his attacks are also the same as in the 1 stage but have fire added at the end so make sure to dogde that last hit instead of deflecting.

But yeah their hits are ridiculous, it's like 70% hp gone each time.
Umbrella is kinda trash charmless imo

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
I want to beat Lone shadow Masanaga at the Hirata state but he doesn't show up where Owl's was on the first visit.

Did I do something wrong?

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
Thanks, same duration though?

And for your fight, with my charm it looked way easier than the other final fight. Just use the umbrella for the new attacks and the rest is pretty much the same. Look out for the floor though, it's the key to avoid the most unfair attack IN THE GAME imho.

Yeah, same duration as of ver. 1.03.

That floor is lava attack seems impossible. I need to learn how to avoid it because in NG+3 Charmless is a OHK.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
Almost at the end of my Shura playthrough but I have to take on my worst enemy in the game, Lone Shadow in the dojo. Any tips or should I just ignore it? Probably won't touch the game after this run.

I want to beat Lone shadow Masanaga at the Hirata state but he doesn't show up where Owl's was on the first visit.

Did I do something wrong?

Did you go back after receiving the Owl's Bell from Emma?

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017

That floor is lava attack seems impossible. I need to learn how to avoid it because in NG+3 Charmless is a OHK.

mate just keep the lotus umbrella up until he is done with the combat art then do a follow up attack if you have that skill purchased. As for the floor is lava effect, you can clearly see where the flames are gonna rise if you look at the floor... If you position yourself on top of the flames you'll get hurt even with the umbrella. The umbrella should negate the fire damage in his attacks but I'm not sure how much damage you'll be taking without kuro's charm. It seems impossible to dodge otherwise unless you position outside the rising flames and somehow deflect the combat art... But that combat art seems undeflectable... Maybe rolling the umbrella with L1?

One question, does giving away the charm also affect enemy life pool and/or damage as if it where the demon bell or similar? Plus enemy AI or attack behaviours? I got that impression while farming.

I took it back for the shura final boss and now for owl father too lol, I know, I'm a coward hahaha :)

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
mate just keep the lotus umbrella up until he is done with the combat art then do a follow up attack if you have that skill purchased. As for the floor is lava effect, you can clearly see where the flames are gonna rise if you look at the floor... If you position yourself on top of the flames you'll get hurt even with the umbrella. The umbrella should negate the fire damage in his attacks but I'm not sure how much damage you'll be taking without kuro's charm. It seems impossible to dodge otherwise unless you position outside the rising flames and somehow deflect the combat art... But that combat art seems undeflectable... Maybe rolling the umbrella with L1?

One question, does giving away the charm also affect enemy life pool and/or damage as if it where the demon bell or similar? Plus enemy AI or attack behaviours? I got that impression while farming.

I took it back for the shura final boss and now for owl father too lol, I know, I'm a coward hahaha :)

Yeah, apparently their vitality and posture are increased by an additional 30% and damage to vitality and posture is also increased, on top of the chip damage on block.

I'll try the umbrella! Though I'll have to practice with it because I've literally never used it before. I mostly stick to the shuriken.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017

You need the Phoenix umbrella and make sure you're standing on a spot on the floor that isn't on fire. Even if you have the umbrella you'll get wrecked if you're standing on a spot with fire on it. Keep the umbrella up all the way through the following sword attacks as well including the delayed one, then you punish with that big art when putting away the umbrella

Almost at the end of my Shura playthrough but I have to take on my worst enemy in the game, Lone Shadow in the dojo. Any tips or should I just ignore it? Probably won't touch the game after this run.

Spam floating passage, do not try to deflect everything cause of the poison attacks (does he have these or is it another Lone Shadow?), either deflect or stay away from his kicks and then Mikiri the last unblockable thrust kick he throws. Floating Passage knocks him down from his jump kicks too, so don't be afraid to be super aggressive with it

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
2 questions

whats the difference between breath of life LIGHT vs SHADOW?

how to kill those serpent thing that are wraped around a senpou monk

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
So I just got back to the castle and am fighting the
Owl - decided to break the code, hopefully that will not lead to any too meaningful consequences...
now. Is this the start of the endgame?
How far along am I, percentage wise?

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017

Did you go back after receiving the Owl's Bell from Emma?
She did gave me a story related item (to do the ritual with Kuro) but not a bell as far as I remember

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Owl - decided to break the code, hopefully that will not lead to any too meaningful consequences...
Staying loyal to Kuro - about 75-80%
Staying loyal to Owl - 98%

Basically, siding with Owl gives you a unique end boss but cuts out the final area of the game, plus several bosses.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
I'd say you're about 80% done, though you still have ways to go. It's not quite over yet. Depending on how thoroughly you explore and how long it takes you to kill the remaining bosses you're looking at a good 8-10 of playtime left.

She did gave me a story related item (to do the ritual with Kuro) but not a bell as far as I remember

Have you fought the Owl in Ashina Castle? If you have beaten him and didn't get the bell then you won't be able to get it until your next playthrough.

If you haven't, then try Eavesdropping on Emma and Kuro.

Peradam

Jan 11, 2018

These are the notes I made while attempting no damage for that fight: https://pastebin.com/iysVLLyk
(there's a better deflection strat for Ashina Cross that I only learnt while fighting Sword Saint, but w/e)

I imagine you're having a much more difficult time than I did because I only fought them in NG. That was on a different save file, now I'll be fighting them in NG+ to get memories and skills all on one file, and I'm dreading it because his final phase was the most difficult I'd encountered in the game.

Anyway, for the floor is lava, I'll paste the strategy here:

The third is where he stands still and does a summoning movement with his hands, followed by an eruption of flame pillars. He then dashes at you with a single strike (which can be deflected), performs the One Mind multi-hit attack and follows it up with another dashing strike to the side. To avoid this, you can do one of two things. The easiest is to use the firecracker prosthetic tool to interrupt him while he's still in his pose. The second is to run to one of the corners of the room and stand on the snow. As soon as the pillars of flames rise, jump to the side and run in an arc to get behind him. His first dash and the One Mind attacks will be performed in the corner where you were standing, the follow-up dashing attack will be to the left of right of it, so position yourself to avoid that final hit.

Good luck!

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017

Check if you have the owl's bell and if you do take it to the unique statue by the sculptor. If not you'll have to do a few things first to get it.

which ending should I do as my first playthrough

Purification for the special boss fight exclusive to it, though you can decide which one you want to do at the end based on which unique items from sidequests you decide to use.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
These are the notes I made while attempting no damage for that fight: https://pastebin.com/iysVLLyk
(there's a better deflection strat for Ashina Cross that I only learnt while fighting Sword Saint, but w/e)

I imagine you're having a much more difficult time than I did because I only fought them in NG. That was on a different save file, now I'll be fighting them in NG+ to get memories and skills all on one file, and I'm dreading it because his final phase was the most difficult I'd encountered in the game.

Anyway, for the floor is lava, I'll paste the strategy here:

The third is where he stands still and does a summoning movement with his hands, followed by an eruption of flame pillars. He then dashes at you with a single strike (which can be deflected), performs the One Mind multi-hit attack and follows it up with another dashing strike to the side. To avoid this, you can do one of two things. The easiest is to use the firecracker prosthetic tool to interrupt him while he's still in his pose. The second is to run to one of the corners of the room and stand on the snow. As soon as the pillars of flames rise, jump to the side and run in an arc to get behind him. His first dash and the One Mind attacks will be performed in the corner where you were standing, the follow-up dashing attack will be to the left of right of it, so position yourself to avoid that final hit.

Good luck!

That's awesome. I shall study this.

Thuddert

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands

You can actually bypass him through the outside roof.

But hints for beating him:

There's the purple shinobi you can stealth attack, which you can use to activate puppeteer or blood smoke ninjutsu. For the sweep, jump. For the kick, it counts as a spear attack so you can mikiri it.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Staying loyal to Kuro - about 75-80%
Staying loyal to Owl - 98%

Basically, siding with Owl gives you a unique end boss but cuts out the final area of the game, plus several bosses.
I'd say you're about 80% done, though you still have ways to go. It's not quite over yet. Depending on how thoroughly you explore and how long it takes you to kill the remaining bosses you're looking at a good 8-10 of playtime left.

Have you fought the Owl in Ashina Castle? If you have beaten him and didn't get the bell then you won't be able to get it until your next playthrough.

If you haven't, then try Eavesdropping on Emma and Kuro.

I see, thanks!

I'm way over time apparently. 40 hours in and 8-10 to go is still a lot considering I don't have the feeling that I explored every secret or mini-boss in the game. I love to take the stealth approach to the level though and take my time splitting up enemies and taking them down one by one - that's sure taking longer that a sword first approach. I'll see it through, but hopefully it's going to be fun and not too grindy. I expect to be stuck at the end boss for a few hours from what was alluded to in this thread but we'll see.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh! I forgot the Shuriken is good for air attacks! Finally a use for this tool.

Yea, I was mostly dodging and striking as the game popped a tooltip at the start of her fight about that. I mostly am having issues with her second form and summons. Like I don't want to waste any seed items until I understand what I am doing, but those spirits are such a pain and she is relentless while I try to weed them out...so I practically end up using no seeds and just getting slaughtered.
For the spirits, I just kept running around until she turned them all into butterflies and launched them my way. I would get behind a pillar and hold block and I would take little damage, if any at all. After that, I pressured her with the circling strategy.

Peradam

Jan 11, 2018
That's awesome. I shall study this.
No worries, you can probably find a better resource but that's what I had on hand. This was the end result... but I never posted it earlier as it's not actually useful lol, the last phase only lasts 40 seconds and it's like he's half asleep. Firecrackers ftw though. I'm gonna get rekt in NG+...
Isshin Phase 2 begins at 7:20:

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Umbrella is kinda trash charmless imo

The only time i used Umbrella in the whole game was really during that fight lol

When he does his fire all over the arena i just pop the Umbrella and let him do his combo and then i conterattack.
I found it more easy then to deflect all his hits, specially because i was losing the line of sight during the fire and it was messing my deflect timing.