• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Overture

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Can anyone tell me if the Living Force skill is worth it? Seems like a cool buff. I want to choose a final skill from a skill tree so that I can have access to the Mushin Arts, but I'm kinda torn. Should I go for the Shadowrush skill?

Deleted member 11069

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What are you trying to do to avoid that attack?
I'm using that Umbrella and it works but I'm just mostly too slow to whip it out quick enough.
I get into the zone hitting and dodging but then he switches to some crazy stuff and gets me.

Part of the problem is also that I can't find a good break to heal. I think I'm totally one of those Souls players that have lived off their fat over leveled bodies.
A more true skill check like this with actual reaction time is beyond my reach.

Lys Skygge

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
I had a good run today!

I finally beat Genichiro. By the time I beat him I was able to get through his first 2 phases without getting hit. I struggled to time my dodge for his 3rd phase attack's, but I finally figured them out.

I also beat Seven Spears, Snake Eyes, and the Lone Swordsman in the well. I also beat a couple other mini bosses, but I forget their names.

Anyways, this game is really starting to click for me. You really got to be aggressive. Playing slow and cautious just gets you killed.

Deleted member 419

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In very vague terms, can some one tell me how much harder the game gets after this point?
I've beat the first boss, the Lady Butterfly, and the first 5-7 mini bosses all in 1-4 attempts
100 people will have 100 different answers but personally I thought the game got easier from that point forward barring just a handful of difficulty spikes.

Not easy but definitely easier especially since your player skill is improving alongside your stats.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm using that Umbrella and it works but I'm just mostly too slow to whip it out quick enough.
I get into the zone hitting and dodging but then he switches to some crazy stuff and gets me.

Part of the problem is also that I can't find a good break to heal. I think I'm totally one of those Souls players that have lived off their fat over leveled bodies.
A couple side dodges can dodge the arrows or you could always manually parry each one.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
Cleaning up prayer beads—I have 4 left and could use a hand.

So 2 are locked behind an ending I'll do in ng+. For the others, I think I've narrowed it down to the following from the guide on reddit:

Ashina Castle

10. Blue Samurai dude in main building. Grapple around the building, first right then left side around to get to the window.

AFTER OWL INVADES ASHINA

13. Lone Shadow 2, at the Great Serpent Shrine bonfire, where it goes to the Sunken Valley.

15. Lone Shadow 3, where blue samurai boss fight was

Are any of these gettable in an endgame save? I'm not quite sure where the "blue samurai dude" is, for all I know it might be referring to something I've already seen. I'm also a little confused about Lone Shadow 2. e: nvm, this was referring to Ashina Elite and the Vileshadow, I think. Weird way to describe their location.

I'm pretty sure that the first time I came through Great Serpent Shrine, before Owl invaded, the Tengu guy was there and there was a dead Lone Shadow next to him. I just fought my way down here (through some VERY elite monkeys) and the same Lone Shadow is there, but with a Dragon's Blood Droplet.

Am I forgetting something? Lend a hand.

Last edited:

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really wish you could get some of these Ninja outfits that you could equip on the Wolf.

Yeah I'm cool with the fact that there's no armor but some different outfits as options would be awesome, especially in a game this long. Not a big deal, but some of the enemies have such awesome gear on.

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
Are you fucking kidding me. is already a hard boss by himself with 2 lives, then immediately follows by a harder boss. Fucking brutal

Oct 25, 2017

Personally, I liked just running to avoid his arrows. As for healing space, usually a back dodge + a back jump gives you plenty of space in a very short amount of time. It's my go to tactic to heal.

Deleted member 11069

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A couple side dodges can dodge the arrows or you could always manually parry each one.
giphy.gif

(I'll try again tomorrow)

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
Has anybody had issues with the "Peak Physical Strength" trophy not registering? I got an in-game message when I made my
9th
prayer bead saying my vitality/posture are maxed out, but I didn't get the trophy

benj

Oct 27, 2017
Cleaning up prayer beads—I have 4 left and could use a hand.

So 2 are locked behind an ending I'll do in ng+. For the others, I think I've narrowed it down to the following from the guide on reddit:

Ashina Castle

10. Blue Samurai dude in main building. Grapple around the building, first right then left side around to get to the window.

AFTER OWL INVADES ASHINA

13. Lone Shadow 2, at the Great Serpent Shrine bonfire, where it goes to the Sunken Valley.

15. Lone Shadow 3, where blue samurai boss fight was

Are any of these gettable in an endgame save? I'm not quite sure where the "blue samurai dude" is, for all I know it might be referring to something I've already seen. I'm also a little confused about Lone Shadow 2. I'm pretty sure that the first time I came through Great Serpent Shrine, before Owl invaded, the Tengu guy was there and there was a dead Lone Shadow next to him. I just fought my way down here (through some VERY elite monkeys) and the same Lone Shadow is there, but with a Dragon's Blood Droplet.

Am I forgetting something? Lend a hand.
Wwwait a minute, I think this is referring to
Ashina Elite at first, and then the Vilehand/Lone Shadow combo after the invasion. Which I definitely didn't miss. Dammit.

Dec 6, 2017
US
wait is this a thing (the first part)? I've been not blocking, and hitting L1 when I see the attack animation (Because you're trying to connect blades but have to account for your wind up and the incoming animation).

If you can literally block then just blip L1 on contact that sounds a simpler way to parry

I'll confirm that too here. That's how I got used to parrying because I was always tap tap tapping L1 and eventually just held it down going into fights and then 'blipped' L1 for the deflect.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
I was happy to complete the first guardian Ape fight. Hardly an hour later and now it's another two in a cave lol. Was able to manage after a decent number of attempts.

Last edited:

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Just started the game. Got Dragonrot pretty early on. I'm going to regret this, aren't I?

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Boston, MA, United States
So ... I know a lot of people in here have beaten the game already, but ... can we please still use spoiler tags when discussing bosses etc.?

I'm not even that sensitive about spoilers but Jesus Christ people, the games only been out for like three days.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Which skills would you say are essential to have?

-Mikiri
-Deathblow healing
-Emma's first estus buff
-Descending Carp(buff to all forms of posture damage)
Ascending Carp(buff to posture damage from deflections)

Huge fan of Ichimonji(Double!) for combat arts. Great way to offensively shred posture plus it interrupts a lot Red Sign attacks.

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
So how far am I from the end of the game?

I am at the top of Ashina Castle talking to the Owl and there is an Iron Code decision prompt.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
End game optional boss spoilers:

Wow. The suzaku umbrella is SO good against the demon of hatred. It not only completely blocks a lot of his hits, but also protects against burn damage. Pacing that throughout the fight made it much easier to focus on learning his patterns, and then on my final attempt, I didn't even need it for the first phase. What a crazy fight, and this also reinforces my belief that there's a prosthetic that really helps with every boss.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah her second phase is straight up cheese, especially with the shadow people and her magical projectiles.

It's excessive.

I've neared the point where I'm starting to actively dislike the game's bullshit.

She wasn't too bad, I think she was the best boss in the game for teaching the parry system.

The issue is with her jumping away and screwing up the camera, but beyond that jank, she is predictable and her tells are obvious for her combos.

I do think the butterflies are BS since you can't block them but was okay with the illusions turning into them as you can just run around the map to avoid them. Adds didnt seem to be a big deal, I just ran away from her and quickly killed them all. They take one hit and restore points for your tool weapon usage.

There did seem to be some RNG in the battle where sometimes butterfly would chill and watch me fight the illusions and other times she would chase me as I fight them, she usually only started chasing me down after they transformed into butterflies and homed in on me.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
End game optional boss spoilers:

Wow. The suzaku umbrella is SO good against the demon of hatred. It not only completely blocks a lot of his hits, but also protects against burn damage. Pacing that throughout the fight made it much easier to focus on learning his patterns, and then on my final attempt, I didn't even need it for the first phase. What a crazy fight, and this also reinforces my belief that there's a prosthetic that really helps with every boss.

The best part is there's a finger upgrade that outright stuns him for a few seconds, so it's not just one prosthetic that can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.