• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
Beat the game 10/10 GoTY for me

God what an incredible game this, now to spoil myself on what i missed and go for the different endings.

Oct 25, 2017
Slapped a bunch of mini bosses and ended up deep into senpou temple before realising I missed a story trigger in the upper Ashina castle area. That was a great area, the level felt proper tenchu and the stealth actually worked.

Took me 4 attempts to beat Genichiro. That was a very good fight apart from the occasional dodgy mikiri hitbox.

Last edited:

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
Did anyone make that dialogue decision?

the one where you side with your father that reportedly immediately ends the game for good?

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
here's a cheesy clever tactic for beating general seven spears
throw ash in his face

then quickly run up and throw oil on him and lit him on fire while he's distracted. strike him a few times while he's on fire

back off and repeat
this way you'll kill him by depleting his vitality 😂

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
I've tried for hours and I can't beat madame butterfly. Her second phase is bullshit because the camera fucks up often, the left X1 bumper is annoying to constantly deflect with (sometimes holding the bumper down doesn't hold guard for as long as you have it pressed) and then the butterfly projectiles just seem to be unblockable. You can hop around but the camera goes apeshit. Sigh. Game kicks my ass with each slight mistake

Last edited:

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
oooooh man, just encountered what I think is the second main boss

holy fuck chill gyoubu you can keep that gate closed for right now i was just exploring

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Alright, have gotten to

What I assume is the first fight with Owl. Holy shit, dude. On one hand, he's a really fun fight. On the other, he kicks my ass pretty handidly. Of my first ten or so attempts I've gotten to his second health bar twice. I think coming in fresh tomorrow will help..... hopefully

Love the game, but it makes me feel masochistic at times. It's quickly and definitively becoming my favorite of from's portfolio though.

Dec 6, 2017
US
The way From puts these high xp guys right by your bonfire, it's like they want you cheese them with farming. Kill this 10 feet in front my spawn for 580 xp. Repeat another 10 times.

Gun Fort? Gun Fort.

Currently cannot control myself.

In other news: Beat the Centipede mini-boss in two tries. That musical rhythm parry game is what I'm actual good at!

I've duscovered so much new shit and upgraded again tonight, I'm beginning to get on a roll here.

Snake-Eyes can still get fucked, just ran past her.

metaprogram

Oct 28, 2017
The final boss is hard, but if you can do the fights earlier in the game, you can do that one, too. It's less a matter of mechanics that are trickier and more that the last fight is just fucking long and you can't make many mistakes. Plus you'll miss out on one of the most interesting areas.
To be honest I've cheesed most of the bosses so far :-/

Well, the "real" bosses anyway

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is there a reason why Corrupted Munk's posture meter instantly starts going back to normal after I land a successful counter on an unblockable?

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Well now there seems to be some shit going down at the Castle. I saved a couple of guards lives and they were pretty damn ungrateful...

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I've tried for hours and I can't beat madame butterfly. Her second phase is bullshit because the camera fucks up often, the left X1 bumper is annoying to constantly deflect with (sometimes holding the bumper down doesn't hold guard for advice long as you have it pressed) and then the butterfly projectiles just seem to be unblockable. You can hop around but the camera goes apeshit. Sigh. Game kicks my ass with each slight mistake

Yeah her second phase is straight up cheese, especially with the shadow people and her magical projectiles.

It's excessive.

I've neared the point where I'm starting to actively dislike the game's bullshit.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
oh man, I was (extreme endgame spoiler)
thinking it was clever of me to work out that the Demon of Hatred was the sculptor, but two NPCs just out and say it

heh

Remember

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Chicago, IL United States
This game is good, way more frustrating intro area than the other From Software games, but still good. It definitely gets better once you start unlocking some skills(I had to grind a bit myself), especially when it comes to stealth. Metal Gear Rising is still my GOAT Parry Stealth Action Game though.

Does this game have despawning enemies like DS2 or can I infinitely grind an area?

Edit: Cool little tidbit. The english voice actor for the barrel guy that you trade carps for is the same guy who voiced Hisoka in the dub of Hunter X Hunter.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
These sub-bosses... they are really tough.

I haven't faced a real boss, I believe, are they much harder? Are they what I expect from a souls boss? Because if these subs are so difficult I can't even emagine the bosses.

Deleted member 11069

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Boy oh Boy.
My fun fighting
Genichiro
has turned into "I wish I could get my money back"
Been trying for another 2 hours, I might just be too old / slow for this.
Every time he jumps up and does the machine gun arrow -> dead.

I've only seen his 3rd form a couple of times. Time to quit for today.

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
Mid-bosses like Snake Eyes having more health and posture than full bosses is just inexplicable badly balanced game nonsense.

PS: Gun Fort was shit.

PPS: Centipede easiest boss so far.

Oct 28, 2017
These sub-bosses... they are really tough.

I haven't faced a real boss, I believe, are they much harder? Are they what I expect from a souls boss? Because if these subs are so difficult I can't even emagine the bosses.
The difficulty is all over the place as far as bosses vs minibosses go. I think the main difference is that bosses can gain new abilities / attacks below certain health thresholds.

Oct 25, 2017
Boy oh Boy.
My fun fighting
Genichiro
has turned into "I wish I could get my money back"
Been trying for another 2 hours, I might just be too old / slow for this.
Every time he jumps up and does the machine gun arrow -> dead.

I've only seen his 3rd form a couple of times. Time to quit for today.
What are you trying to do to avoid that attack?

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
Found an easy way to beat that jerk in the well. Just lure him to the steps and jump attack him from above. Fight cheese with cheese

SaraNWrap

Alt account
Banned
Jan 30, 2019
Finished up the game and can confidently say that the minibosses were much harder than any of the main bosses. Spear guy, one armed purple guys were much worse than any other fight in the game, weird.

Xshade90

Nov 2, 2017
OMG
the Woo guy seriously...is the most ridiculous and most hilarious shit I encountered into a video game !

Dec 6, 2017
US
I keep being blown away by how beautifully done the atmosphere in this game is.

I'm doing the temple and the autumnal trees, music and lighting are some of my favorite From shit ever. Love the use of near-silence indoors.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brehs im getting so good at this shit, absolutely bodied Genichiro. This game is godlike.

AtmaPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
Man, so I went to work today, had a real productive day, and then for some reason everything clicked when I came home and started up Sekiro again. Spoilers for Ashina Castle:

After just messing around and exploring a bit more, I ended up in Sunken Valley and eventually ended up with 7 total health gourd shots. With that as ammo, I took down the General in Ashina Castle on my very first attempt - shuriken stun + follow-up attack made it super easy, and I even remembered to jump away from his attacks! The previous generals took me at least four or five tries before I was able to get them down.

Then I made my way to the top of the castle and fought the crazy fast Ashina Elite boss. It took me five or six tries, but wow the final run where I finally got him I was near perfect on my parrying timing. I think this guy really helped me click on the parry timing, simply because I started watching the enemies way more closely vs my own character.

Then fucking Genichiro. I haven't beaten him yet, but I'm actually having way more fun ramming my head against this wall than I was expecting considering what I've read in here. I managed to get to his second form on my second attempt, although I made it there with no health gourds and no resurrection. I'd say I've fought him about ten or twelve times in a row now, and on my second-to-last attempt I got to his second form with 5 health shots left and a resurrection. Unfortunately he still schooled my ass (although I think I had his posture about 2/3 full before I croaked) and I think my excitement over that attempt going so well that I completely flubbed my last attempt and got killed on the first bar of his first form, so I decided to call it a night and come at it again tomorrow.

It's amazing how suddenly the combat clicks. I think my biggest problem right now is my mind now thinks "JUMP!" at the right times, but my fingers still hit the dodge button instead of the jump button on reflex.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Slapped a bunch of mini bosses and ended up deep into senpou temple before realising I missed a story trigger in the upper Ashina castle area. That was a great area, the level felt proper tenchu and the stealth actually worked.

Took me 4 attempts to beat Genichiro. That was a very good fight apart from the occasional dodgy mikiri hitbox.
Pretty much the same thing with me, mosr of senpou is done but I missed that fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.