• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metroid

Oct 27, 2017
So, am I too early for beating

Juzou the drunkard? He basically one shots me, has around 15 guards around him and even after I kill all these, there is still him to beat. I know about the assist guy but right now I think I will just go the other route]

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm trying to come closer to understanding what you're resisting in the way the game is designed. What would you preferred instead of what Sekiro does?

I don't know what they could change outside of perhaps changing the trash mobs to build up a temporary understanding of the boss encounter to come. That way it's not going in cold turkey, and you can use the previous encounter knowledge to more quickly dissect the main boss's move-set, with having a sense of "muscle memory" that's already built up.

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
(possibly) last boss, tried to play as much as possible without a guide, couple of quick questions:

I'm at the Owl boss on top of the castle tower, but I'm not sure if I've defeated every "real" and mini boss yet. My Attack Power is 8 and Vitality 17 (I haven't beaten the headless ghost mini-bosses yet and might do that next if I don't make progress with the owl boss). I'm sure I missed a couple of mini bosses, but I'm mainly wondering what the maximum Attack Power and Vitality are which I can have at this point in the game. I defeated the snake and second monkey, is there another hidden boss that would raise my attack power? Thanks in advance!

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
The final boss is a tough one.. They went all out

(possibly) last boss, tried to play as much as possible without a guide, couple of quick questions:

I'm at the Owl boss on top of the castle tower, but I'm not sure if I've defeated every "real" and mini boss yet. My Attack Power is 8 and Vitality 17 (I haven't beaten the headless ghost mini-bosses yet and might do that next if I don't make progress with the owl boss). I'm sure I missed a couple of mini bosses, but I'm mainly wondering what the maximum Attack Power and Vitality are which I can have at this point in the game. I defeated the snake and second monkey, is there another hidden boss that would raise my attack power? Thanks in advance!

Not the last boss btw. I beat him with 7 attack power, your prayer beads should be enough at that point. Vitality, posture don't matter as much for that fight, actually. He gave me the most trouble out of any boss up until that point, but it's a very fair fight. Once you learn the pace, and his dirty tricks.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany

benj

Oct 27, 2017
Looking at your Steam profile you started the game at 1:02am on Saturday and beat the Drunkard a mere 56 minutes after that. And apparently you didn't die for the first 2 hours of your 8 hour playthrough? And what's most impressive is you killed the final boss 19 minutes after the second to last boss. Hmmmmm where's that thinking emoji when you need it.
musta really been cruising!

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
OK but youve also gone really far out of the way to try and act like its more than this when the reality is its just that. Your were prevaricating quite a bit about other features that when we scrutinize don't really have as much impact as you were originally suggesting.

No I wasn't, I posted multiple times in this thread over the last day and a half and pretty clearly wrote what I was feeling in terms of this game and why. You keep asking "why don't you like it", and I had to keep explaining why I don't like it, which mainly includes how the game loop operates and my experience with it.

Apparently you think explaining the reason I'm not fully enjoying parts of the game is being evasive, or the other idiot who literally told me I don't know what I'm talking about in reference to how I feel about the game I've sunk nearly an entire days worth of playtime into.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017

No other ones yet that I can think of if you've done all those.

Balbanes

Oct 25, 2017
I can already tell that smug Sekiro fans are going to be waaay worse than smug Souls fans.

Excited to dive back in later. Just got to the castle area where
the bird dude dive bombs you out of nowhere.
The animation was hilarious.

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
Not that much but I was huge on parry in the souls games due to level 1 and no death runs, so this game is right up my alley
How'd you know where to go so quickly on your first time, did you skip a lot of minibosses? Beating Souls at level 1 when you really know the game, vs beating a brand new game with very different combat this quickly, seem like very different things to me! Really impressive you could do it so fast your first time

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
The game beat me. I've got two minibosses I keep dying to (Seven Spears / Lost Soul); and two bosses I keep dying to (Butterfly / Ashina Lightning Bow Top of Tower Dude) and I can't learn from any of them after dozens and dozens of deaths to each where my success seems totally random and I am punished for trying to get better (Dragonrot and item / money / experience disappearance). And I am just beyond frustrated. Not even kind of fun. I've gone a full ten hours with zero progress. So burnt out.

Otheradam

Nov 1, 2017
Spent like 2 days on spear guy and finally beat him tonight. Went straight to the drunkard accidentally and beat him with a silver of health left on my first attempt... This game.

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
No other ones yet that I can think of if you've done all those.

Not the last boss btw. I beat him with 7 attack power, your prayer beads should be enough at that point. Vitality, posture don't matter as much for that fight, actually. He gave me the most trouble out of any boss up until that point, but it's a very fair fight. Once you learn the pace, and his dirty tricks.
Thank you, good to know my stats should be enough. Those dirty tricks are my main issue right now, especially during the second life bar phase. But I'm slowly getting better.

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
How'd you know where to go so quickly on your first time, did you skip a lot of minibosses? Beating Souls at level 1 when you really know the game, vs beating a brand new game with very different combat this quickly, seem like very different things to me! Really impressive you could do it so fast your first time
Yea I can't imagine rushing through the game. I'm at 30 hours
Just fought first Corrupted Monk. Had to grind Samurai's a bit for more Divine Confetti lol.
but 1/4 of that must be checking back on NPC's to check new dialogs and questlines and checking vendors for new inventory and searching all the nooks and crannies for secrets and the various different paths. Honestly sounds a little bit of a diservice to rush through it.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
So instead of moving on and exploring before revisiting Lady Butterfly, I ended up

refighting her and doing nothing more than dashing at her flank, attack once, and she would either block it or get hit, and do nothing beyond that for both forms. I found out accidentially after a few tries just now and was like "wait, his dash attack is literally faster than all of her attacks except like one of them." I also did not have the seed to dispel the illusions and just dashed and flailed around swinging at everything.

I feel like I completely cheesed this boss instead of actually utilizing the game mechanics like intended

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
No I wasn't, I posted multiple times in this thread over the last day and a half and pretty clearly wrote what I was feeling in terms of this game and why. You keep asking "why don't you like it", and I had to keep explaining why I don't like it, which mainly includes how the game loop operates and my experience with it.

Apparently you think explaining the reason I'm not fully enjoying parts of the game is being evasive, or the other idiot who literally told me I don't know what I'm talking about in reference to how I feel about the game I've sunk nearly an entire days worth of playtime into.
I never asked why you didn't like it. I just was questioning your points about this not being rewarding compared to souls or why its somehow not a skill based game because of boss memorization which I think both of such statements don't hold up to scrutiny.

The game beat me. I've got two minibosses I keep dying to (Seven Spears / Lost Soul); and two bosses I keep dying to (Butterfly / Ashina Lightning Bow Top of Tower Dude) and I can't learn from any of them after dozens and dozens of deaths to each where my success seems totally random and I am punished for trying to get better (Dragonrot and item / money / experience disappearance). And I am just beyond frustrated. Not even kind of fun. I've gone a full ten hours with zero progress. So burnt out.
Just pick one and stick with it until you beat it, jumping between them wont help you get practice in with their move sets and timing. I'd recommend lady butterfly first, and then the two mini bosses, and then try the castle boss.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017

Don't worry about Dragonrot or losing money/experience; their impact has been really overstated. Take a break for a while and give it another go later. You'll get by with practice.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
So instead of moving on and exploring before revisiting Lady Butterfly, I ended up

refighting her and doing nothing more than dashing at her flank, attack once, and she would either block it or get hit, and do nothing beyond that for both forms. I found out accidentially after a few tries just now and was like "wait, his dash attack is literally faster than all of her attacks except like one of them." I also did not have the seed to dispel the illusions and just dashed and flailed around swinging at everything.

I feel like I completely cheesed this boss instead of actually utilizing the game mechanics like intended

I just spammed side dodge attacks against her over and over again and it almost always worked.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Looking at your Steam profile you started the game at 1:02am on Saturday and beat the Drunkard a mere 56 minutes after that. And apparently you didn't die for the first 2 hours of your 8 hour playthrough? And what's most impressive is you killed the final boss 19 minutes after the second to last boss. Hmmmmm where's that thinking emoji when you need it.

Mods out here trying to finesse.

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
Yea I can't imagine rushing through the game. I'm at 30 hours but 1/4 of that must be checking back on NPC's to check new dialogs and questlines and checking vendors for new inventory and searching all the nooks and crannies for secrets and the various different paths. Honestly sounds a little bit of a diservice to rush through it.
I think I've decided that I just don't believe him lol

Truant

Oct 28, 2017

Which attack was this?

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017

Honestly, I got stuck maybe. 4 or 5 times I suppose. Fortunately for those few times, someone on discord mentioned where I should have been going.

As for the user who mentioned my achievement showing me not dying for the first 2 hours, no clue why it says that. I'm pretty sure I died within the first 30 minutes of game quite a few times.

Haloid1177

Oct 25, 2017
Beat the drunkard on my second try and then the mini boss after the ogre without even dying. I'm feeling fucking good tonight. Early game question about the burning temple:

After you beat the drunkard there's armor at the end of the temple and the guy gives you a seed. Is that something I should do? Also, what do I do with the key I got from the dad?

Oct 28, 2017
So, am I too early for beating

Juzou the drunkard? He basically one shots me, has around 15 guards around him and even after I kill all these, there is still him to beat. I know about the assist guy but right now I think I will just go the other route]
You aren't too early. But you can continue exploring Ashina Outskirts for a different (easier imo) route.

Balbanes

Oct 25, 2017
I sometimes feel like beating another boss is like a reset button for your skills vs a bot you're struggling with. I was struggling big time with Lady Butterfly, went and killed the guy on the horse, then went back and got Lady on the 2nd try.

As far as I can see there has only one path forward for awhile now, so I'm screwed if I hit a wall I guess haha

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I missed a mechanic in the Guardian Ape boss fight. It was a very fun fight, but I just kind of mashed R1, and the fight took a little while. Beat it on my second try, too.

This game's difficulty is Bloodborne all over again. Once you get past Gascoigne (Lady Butterfly), you basically beat the game, everything else is easy. Looking forward to NG+ Hard Mode and the inevitable DLC, where From usually delivers the challenge.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
Is Demon of Hatred harder than the final boss? Trying to gauge if I should just finish the game then go back to him.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
I have the Sakura Droplet. Yet I can't give it to Kuro, did I fucking choose the wrong dialogue option?

Please someone tell me how to give it to him? Oh my fucking god if that's true.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Question about Rin of Water mini-boss:
Is there any way to actually find this Lord Sakuza(?) that she is talking about?

Cause I have had this guy follow her music for a long time now he is sitting outside of her arena, saying that she is calling to him, but I can't seem to get him to go and meet her?
SekiroTM__Shadows_Die_Twice_20190326062202.png

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I missed a mechanic in the Guardian Ape boss fight. It was a very fun fight, but I just kind of mashed R1, and the fight took a little while. Beat it on my second try, too.

This game's difficulty is Bloodborne all over again. Once you get past Gascoigne (Lady Butterfly), you basically beat the game, everything else is easy. Looking forward to NG+ Hard Mode and the inevitable DLC, where From usually delivers the challenge.
I dunno. I beat lady butterfly and now stuck on genchiro

Status
Not open for further replies.