• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Arrived at Boss 3
(Genchiro)
This is going to take a while I think. Any tips on the best arm attachment for the fellow?
That guy is gonna teach you the game. It's a fucking amazing fight. Stick CLOSE to him and honestly, don't ever disengage unless you want to heal. His bow attacks are very hard to deal with. That fight was Metal Gear Rising level good.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
O'Rin is just blocking EVERYTHING I throw at her. Nothing I do can pierce her guard. What the fuck am I supposed to do? Her attacks do so much posture damage.

Orangecoke

Jan 14, 2019
Anyone else feel like the game is a little short? I loved it and am probably gonna play through it multiple more times for all the achievements but, I just wish it was a tad longer. First time I've been able to beat a From Soft game in one weekend.
I'm getting the impression it is short, which is keeping me from buying it...

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
But I enjoyed the different phases in other games because they are not the same. Different patterns means I won't be bored fighting the same boss again.

I beat Dark Souls 3 1st DLC boss and enjoyed the heck outta of it even though you fight it three times. Long and very hard fight but was so enjoyable. I feel like I'm at the top of the world after emerging victorious. Here I just wanna get it over with. You get me?
Almost every enemy with 2 health bars gets new attacks on the 2nd.

I'm getting the impression it is short, which is keeping me from buying it...
It is most certainly not short. Its just as long as any of the previous games.

DjRalford

Dec 14, 2017
Man
lady butterfly is easy compared to the drunk, just had to get her stunlocked with the jumping arc slash, same for the second life but with added dodging the apparitions

Only died twice so was quite impressed

Deleted member 11421

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It should be possible in 1 if you save-scum the endings, no? You will have to replay a bit of the game, of course.

There's a trophy for beating all bosses but it'd all have to be on one file, and some are going to be exclusive to your choices and subsequent playthroughs. Otherwise yeah you could just get the endings in the first playthrough (theoretically).

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
O'Rin is just blocking EVERYTHING I throw at her. Nothing I do can pierce her guard. What the fuck am I supposed to do? Her attacks do so much posture damage.
Either pop some confetti and use the fan prosthetic to break her guard or parry everything she throws at you. It's pretty easy to fill her posture gauge without doing any vitality damage to her.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017

let her to do most of the moving, stay calm and get used to recognizing her attacks and deflecting, blocking. She pretty much does one of her strings/attacks then backs off and comes at you again. Stop her attack, then attack her 2 or 3 times then wait for her next attack, for her big multi attack string you jump the last attack her unblockable. Jump and headstomp into 2 or 3 attacks.

Deleted member 11069

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That guy is gonna teach you the game. It's a fucking amazing fight. Stick CLOSE to him and honestly, don't ever disengage unless you want to heal. His bow attacks are very hard to deal with. That fight was Metal Gear Rising level good.

I CAN DO IT
giphy.gif

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
I'm gonna feel dumb if it ends up being as easy as a few of you have said.
It is. Watching for the white flash is the key here. Immediately tap L1 twice when you see it. I couldn't get the timing on the parry at all until someone told me to really watch the white flash and boom, ez gg.
The aerial parry is super useful.
Is it? I haven't invested much in skills involving aerial combat because it didn't seem all that useful...

This is one of those games that you can't stop thinking about while you're at work and it makes your shift go by so slowly because you want to play so badly. I'm craving more Sekiro!
This game has gone full "first time playing Demon's Souls experience" on me. After deciding to drop it, I ended up waking up the next morning with my head full of those fucking nagging what-if-I-try-this-strategy and what-if-I-try-this-path-instead and what-if-I-approach-this-differently thoughts.
Too fucking real

For NG+, is this game like DS1 and BB where you immediately get moved to NG+ once you've beaten the last story boss, or is it like DS2 and DS3 where you can beat the last story boss and then you have to manually choose to go to NG+? Trying to decide in what order I should wrap up some of these side activities
Good question, I want to know this too.

It's insane to me how From can design games like Bloodborne + dlc, Dark Souls 3 + dlc, and Sekiro in just this gen.
From Software continues to be the greatest dev of the last 2 generations and it's not even close. They keep knocking it out of the park, it's insane.

Seems they wanted to encourage a little more acrobatic play so if they punished a cliff dive like they did in Souls it would just make people super cautious which I think is not what they wanted to do with this game.
Yeah when I fell once and didn't die I was like "WAT" and "NOT A SOULS GAME CONFIRMED" :D

I swear, probably easily 30-40% of my deaths in Souls games (including Nioh) are falls lol

Need to take a break, totally not liking the "teleport into grab moves" BS.

Like I am not even infront of this dude yet somehow I get grabbed and suddenly am? Yea.
...This on the other hand is totally a Souls staple lol

I've been conditioned to jump over grab attacks and this one ALWAYS gets you, even in midair. It's dumb as shit.
Snake Eyes in Gun Valley? I had trouble O-dodging the grab too, so I actually did avoid the grab attack by jumping away and it worked for me.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
let her to do most of the moving and get used to recognizing her attacks and deflecting, blocking. She pretty much does one of her strings/attacks then backs off and comes at you again. Stop her attack 2 or 3 hits then wait for her next attack, for her big multi attack string you jump her unblockable. Jump and headstomp into 2 or 3 attacks.

Just beat her.

I actually opened the fight by pegging her in the back with a ceramic shard and getting a free Deathblow on her before the fight started.

Like a true ninja.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017

Look out for the attack where she holds her sword out to the side then spins at you in a dance like move. You can deflect deflect deflect in a very rhythmic, even way. Then she will do an unblockable sweep attack, and you finish with a double jump on her stupid hat. Pull it off and it's massive posture damage in one go. Just fish for that attack.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So huh.. that one armed Shinobi at the hidden three story pagoda... yea he just jumped off the cliff with me when I jumped into the river to run away. Didn't even get a chance to fight him, he just followed me all the way to the cliff and just... killed himself.
I managed to find the wall jump up to the edge in front of the pagoda and spent a few seconds marveling at the view. The purple shinobi ran up behind me and started wailing on me so I jumped off the cliff and grappled to a branch. When I wall jumped back up, he was walking away from the cliff with his back turned so I stealth killed him. Felt kinda cheesy but I was pissed that he ruined my view.

SCB360

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
You can download a trainer if on PC, I spent 3 hours on the drunk, in the end downloaded the trainer to activate infinite health, I only get 4-6 hrs to game a week outside kids and work, I don't want to be spending that time constantly banging my head against one boss.

I mean I'm gonna judge for doing this, but it kinda goes against the spirit of these games I think

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
my sense of direction sucks so need some help fam.

I got the
sword and the flower, now I need the rock
. I thought it was down in
ashima depths
but all I can find there is another
snake eyes (dead) and another FUCKING APE (not dead)
, am I in the wrong place? I dont remember any other paths?

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Past the ape, which tested me to my limit, since then I was in a new area that's just been an absolute joy. The level design is incredible, so many paths, verticality done right and so many ways to approach the stealth in these areas. New enemies and bosses constantly. Mysterious NPCs and morally dubious quests. I love it all. I feel I am in the meat of the game and it's magical.

About the tracking throw moves enemies do, like in every souls game IF YOU LOCK ON THEY LOCK ONTO YOU. So take off lock on and you can just run right past them and they will miss completely. Yes manual campers is tough but trust me it's way better than them auto hitting you. This is key for giant monster enemies,.

DrDamn

Oct 27, 2017
And yes I get in a stealth deathblow on every boss I can. Only one I couldn't do that for so far was the Chained Ogre who I lit up with fire and spammed sword attacks on while he was burning until he died.

Not beaten Chained Ogre yet but I have managed a stealth death blow on him ...
If you get him active then run away far enough so he resets then you can sneak round the left hand edge and stab him in the back - just "crouch" and stick to left hand wall
small victories ... :-)

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I got the
ashima depths
It's past the ape. Had you come down here earlier you could have skipped the ape (it doesn't show up in that room until you kill the first one) but now you're gonna have to fight it.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Hey all, quick question about mid-late game story stuff.

I defeated Owl, but I am getting dialog from the boy about the stone. Didn't I get that after beating the Corrupted Monk..? I can't seem to progress from here.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's very frustrating that they increased the combat speed by like half compared to other games, but still have things like enemies tracking you with unblock-able moves

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

I got the
ashima depths
You want to proceed to the area behind where old snake eyes was

The Omega Man

Oct 25, 2017
I have a question to all seasoned veterans here, I've only played DS1 and while I progressed quite a lot never got around to finish it, I am enjoying this game a lot, I am ok with the challenge and I love the combat mechanics, however I don't know if I am playing the game right, I am playing this game like Batman Arkham Asylum, I enter an area and carefully try to silent take down as many enemies as possible then trying to engage one enemy at a time, if I get 2 or 3 enemies attacking me at the same time I get quite overwhelmed and die most of the times on these encounters, it is taking me a lot of time to progress from one area to another, I am currently trying to beat
Jouzou the Drunkard
and I just can't deal with so many enemies, so my question is:
Is my approach the correct one? I'd love to be not so afraid of enemies and go fight a bunch of them at the same time, is this possible? to have a more aggressive style of playing? I barely use the Shinobi's prosthetic abilities (only to break shields) and I put skill points onto whatever without much thinking and planning, so I might be wasting the Shinobi's potential there, I want to be a badass in this game but I play it like a scaredy cat.
Reposting this, any feedback would be appreciated

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
got to genchirio's 3rd form my first couple tries, now i just cant do it anymore

Probably rest? I struggled a lot with him at the point of mastering the ability to get to the fight zone more quickly than any other living person. At some point I thought "ok, I'm gonna farm some money to get a Dragonrot cure so people won't die after so many deaths", farmed for like 5 minutes, cured cancer, went back to Genichiro, dead in two tries.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
Even though people have complained about it I feel like the camera is immeasurably improved from their other games. I can't recall any moments I've been looking straight up a big enemy's ass like in all the other games, and it actually pulls back when you're engaging a larger foe. Plus it's much more agile when you're facing foes that dash around or jump up. I have very few complaints about it, truly. Also, lock on distance is quite a bit longer as well, nothing worse than losing lock on and accidentally turning your back on a charging boss haha, happened to me all the time in the other games.

Status
Not open for further replies.