• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moose the Mooche

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Pretty sure the little hitches are data streams loading new AI's, and whathave yous. You cross over into a new 'block' , you cross back over into a former 'block'. The game loads data . . . little hitch.

The requirements of the game are becomming subliminal. I know that with each new encounter, there is a way to win - probabally many.
If i do not win its because i haven't sused out the right way to dance, or i just fumbled over my feet.
To become attuned to the requirements, i humbled myself with the training dummy, or went through the opening montages. This way i found how to plant my feet, and also stumbled upon new treasures.

As i become intuned with what the game asks of me, learning each new craze becomes easier, and i am faster to boot.

Sounds good!! Hope it will eventualy click for me as well.

Spaltazar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
after dropping on the snake i fell down... any other way to get back up there where you land after the cinematic animation or did i fuck up for good?

Smidget

Oct 27, 2017
Very far from screwed. One of the endings requires a sidequest where you'll need to use an npc who potentially has dragonrot, but you can just cure it when it comes time to do that part of the ending requirements. You'll get the opportunity to cure it at least 10 times in one playthrough.

Thank you! I've been retreating after using the first resurrection a lot since I was afraid of getting more dragonrot... but at this point I'm dying to bosses so it's not gonna work anymore.

Wolf of Yharnam

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oof. just found a few certain things, wanted to return to the castle and

what a shitshow. This shit is crazy. So many new enemies and minibosses and the Owl on top of the castle. I decided to break the iron code and help Kuro. Atm I'm just running around getting all the idols again. This will take a while until I've cleared the area and defeat the Owl

Timeaisis

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Well I'm a at a point there are like 3 or 4 different ways I can go...is there a recommended/intended order or should I just keep moving?

I'm skipping
lady butterfly
for now.

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Me: Well that damn Ape was the hardest boss so far, at least it's over
*goes to Ashina Depths*
NPC: "it was an ape"
Me: It can't be, it has to be a smaller version or something
*fucking headless ape waits inside the cave*
Me: NO NOOOO!
*starts battles*
Me: Well, this seems easier...I should be able to...
*second ape appears*
Me: WHATTTT GODDAMN YOU MIYAZAKI!!!

I won on my first time, but that was something lol. You gotta love From troll moments.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Well I'm a at a point there are like 3 or 4 different ways I can go...is there a recommended/intended order or should I just keep moving?

I'm skipping
lady butterfly
for now.

Go until you at least beat the first boss on the "primary" path in the present before returning to the memory. If you want a more smooth difficulty curve that is.

Deleted member 37739

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 8, 2018
3rd boss fight against
Genichiro was a lot of fun. I pretty much had his first form perfected, but the 2nd was giving me trouble until I understood how the lightning counter worked. Jump, let yourself get hit, and R1 to send it back. Each counter did so much damage, the fight became pretty easy after that.

I realised at that point that the game was maybe too much for me... it's a shame, because there's a lot that I like, but I really didn't enjoy the way that played out.

superseohyun

Mar 23, 2019
That feeling when you clash heads with a boss(Jenny Chiro) for nearly two hours and not only do you beat him, you dominate him

BabyishEllipticalAgama-small.gif

Didn't burn a single life and only used two health items. What a fight. What a game. I asked a 'Kos like" moment going on and I got it!

exactly. I died horribly to many bosses. But when i won, it was quick and elegant. barely using health items and deflecting every attack the bosses attempted.

Oghuz

Oct 27, 2017
So why does the mikiri counter not work against the Ashina spear guy? He shrugs it off like it is nothing?

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
This game is crushing my soul. I've died sooo many times... still fighting on though, but having to take breaks so I don't want to destroy the universe.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
So why does the mikiri counter not work against the Ashina spear guy? He shrugs it off like it is nothing?

It still does posture damage just not as much as some of the other spear users you've encountered so far. You'll be using it as one of many tools to build up posture steadily from now on.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Generally I find FromSoft bosses go in four stages for me:

1. I have no idea what I'm doing, I get rekt.
2. I think I saw that move before, start to remember.
3. I can spot almost all the moves so I got to the next part of the fight.
4. I fucked 'em up good and won!

Fleet of Foot

Oct 27, 2017
Springboro, OH
This is easily my least favorite of these types of games. I enjoy replaying Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne. If I ever beat this game, I'll NEVER want to play it again. I don't even know why I'm still playing it actually.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I can't help but feel like this is just a more unfair and more unforgiving Nioh. I loved every Souls game and Bloodborne but this just feels straight up cheap and unfun. Like every bad thing about the Souls games put into a single package.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If I could just beat this fucking Seven Spears guy then I'd have enough parquet beads for another upgrade, which would help in other places where I'm currently stuck.

He's a bitch though, even with the free deathblow to start.

serdarkny

Nov 10, 2018
Honestly I can't help but feel like this is just a more unfair and more unforgiving Nioh. I loved every Souls game and Bloodborne but this just feels straight up cheap and unfun. Like every bad thing about the Souls games put into a single package.
Your statement is meaningless unless you give examples of what you perceive as cheat and unfun.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I, uh...

Just murdered the Great Serpent. I feel really bad for what I just did. Wolf cut its fucking head in half.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
Is the primary path continuing on
ashina upper tower or reservoir?
I have both idols unlocked.
I would TRULY not worry about this or look anything up. the map's layout is incredibly well-designed, imo—you don;t need to worry about being somewhere you're not supposed to, and you don't need to worry about being 'underleveled.' i had a very unique and irreplicable experience wandering through this stuff and following my nose, i would seriously recommend that you do the same

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Chained Ogre was shockingly easy work. I would've had him on my second try but I didn't know there was a spear asshole trying to fight me on the side and it messed me up.

I went up against the Drunkard. I think I can beat him, he didn't seem all that tough. I just need to get all his little underlings killed first and then come back for him

Oct 27, 2017
(cheese a boss to death instead of fighting normally)
"This boss doesn't teach you how to play."
I don't want to give you too hard of a time here, I mean play how you wanna play, but you haven't really seen much yet and I think you'll have a harder time getting past the later bosses if you don't learn the systems those earlier fights are supposed to teach you when you don't rely on a very slow and passive way to approach them.
As I've said, I'm aware of that fact, but this approach may open up the game for some players who otherwise would give up.
And let's not fool ourselves, I don't expect another boss with the exact same moveset, so if my reaction time is still intact, I will learn the patterns for the bosses not prone to exploits. Why would a Jin player train to fight Akuma if he gets banned from the roster, lol. You can train hours after hours with that temple dude, but this won't help you with different timing windows and animations. Also butterfly doesn't fight a fair 1vs1 either, why should I? I parried a good amount of her shit on my first try, learned enough and got surprised and killed by the phase 2 crap, then took a short-cut. It's better to shelve a 70€ game in case I'm not good enough after 20 hours than after 10 hours me thinks.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly the difficulty curve in this feels really fucked and there's a lot more bullshit. Like one simple thing the game says to do is dodge from grabs. So I dodge and the enemy literally instantly turns and grabs me. Even though I waited till the last moment.

I think the game genuinely messed up some of this stuff in the early game.

It makes it seem like it's setting up a rock paper scissors-esque system when the kanji symbol appears: Thrust, deflect. Grab, side step. Sweep, jump.

...but jumping is basically always the better option for a grab, especially for the Ogre it introduces that tooltip with. His grab hitbox is a vortex of horseshit that will often get you side stepping anyway, when jumping to the side is much better to actually avoid it and is basically the same speed so you still get a punish. His startup speed is also INSANE for that one grab.

I'm 5 main bosses deep now, and even if I can say on paper I've fought much harder bosses I've still died to him much more than anything else.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is easily my least favorite of these types of games. I enjoy replaying Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne. If I ever beat this game, I'll NEVER want to play it again. I don't even know why I'm still playing it actually.

This might be why:
Should I be mostly dodging?
That is never the answer. Always parry except for those rare unblockable attacks. Unbind dodge if you're using it too much.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Yeeeesssss. I finally beat Ashina Seven Dicks. I took the time to hunt down 4 more prayer beads, and the vitality / posture boost, along with the flame vent / oil trick is exactly what I needed.

souppboy

Oct 25, 2017
Game crashed with about 4 hits left to go on a boss's final phase. -_- Have to take a break for a bit to cool off.

Did anyone else go to senpou, sunken area and all of that jazz before fighting Genichiro to get to Kuro? This game really opened up early.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Damn, I didn't realize that the ogre was giving people so many problems. I bashed my head against insect woman for an hour before noping out of it and went to the ogre and didn't even get hit by him. Different experiences for sure.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
YO WTF at the bridge guy in the Temple. So I
Kicked him off the edge.
nothing else was working. Is there any other way to do this fight??

Status
Not open for further replies.