• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Argueably, the purple guy is better left later in the game. I don't think you're suposed to defeat it so early.
Yeah I figured as much. I came back and defeated him now and it was fine.

I think I'm coming around a bit on the gameplay now that I realized you're supposed to just go ham with attacking constantly while throwing in parries and dodges without ceasing your attacks. Playing defensively sucks shit in this game and perhaps trying to do that was my main problem with the gameplay.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I had this experience as well but it actually becomes much more manageable after you get past the first boss or two. Bosses drop attack upgrades, healing items heal more and you have more of them, and you'll have some health/posture upgrades too, plus skills. It also helps that by then you'll have a better handle on the combat system.
ok, hopefully i progress somewhat today

i find that many souls games are more difficult near the start, so this would be consistent with that

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
How are you removing that? I have this on Xbox one X but was thinking of switching and going PC.

So you install reshade, and from there you have a few options.
(Anything below is fine tuned to my own display, for instance on my mobile screen these look like barf so keep in mind you can modify it to look perfect on your end, it's just to showcase how much it can differ)

sekiro-2019-03-24-11-12-28.png

Vaseline filter removed

sekiro-2019-03-24-11-12-30.png

Filter removed + color correction

sekiro-2019-03-24-11-13-41.png

On the other screenshots I posted earlier I did boost the saturation, that's not to everyone's liking.
But here you can see the more faithful version of the game.

Compass

alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
Another game added to the back log. Glad about the positive reception. Never played any of the Soft games just because I was really turned off by the gloomy atmosphere. At least this has some color in it.

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018
So, after clocking almost 14 hours, with just 2 main bosses beaten, I have come to realize something.

I've played and beaten some tough shit in my days, the kinda stuff that leaves a psychological trauma, stuff like:

God of War II, on Titan difficulty
Call of Duty World at War's campaign on Veteran difficulty
Hotline Miami 2 on Hard Mode
Killzone 2's campaign on Elite difficulty
The "becomes the master" trophy in Titanfall 2.
The Crucible Challenges in Guacamelee 2.
Going through the Fishing Hamlet in Bloodborne's DLC for the first time on NG+

But this topples them all, that is just how the game is, without any difficulty modifiers.
Is that a bad thing?
Not at all.

After erupting in joy from beating Lady Butterfly yesterday, I also understood that I just have to keep going, to get more amazing moments like that.

Don't get discouraged people, you can do it.

Don't take this the wrong way because I appreciate the support, but when you start the post with "I do titan elite mega ultra hardcore difficulty stuff" and end it with "you can do it" - I don't think you and I are exactly the same group of people. What you consider to be "doable" may not apply to me. And for a to of people, tbh.

Still I'm pushing on and having fun so far. Wonder how far I'll get.

Last edited:

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
Well they have made a Anor Londo area x10 in this game with all these fucking cocksuckers with rifles sniping at you. And man those snake eye mini bosses are complete fuckers as well. This fucking area is tiltable.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
just got shot from 567 diferent places when I jumped down to grapple...

giphy.gif

edit: apparently a few of us just reached the same area lol

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
Yoooooooooooooooo... I was wondering how to perform Anti-Air Deathblow and when I did it completely by accident it made one terror mini-boss (slight enemy spoilers in the vid) a, J O K E, like, GET REKT levels of joke. Also tested it out on a chicken and I can confirm that this skill is OP if you can catch your prey in mid-air since there is no need to break posture in order to one shot them.

You need to buy this skill?

Deleted member 11069

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

giphy.gif

Haha, yeah. That was my "time for bed" moment last night.
Apparently there is a bonfire on the other side that allows you to maybe get one stealth shot in
. Have not searched for it yet.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
I'm having a slightly better time today.
Downed two mini-bosses in quick succession and I'm really enjoying exploring the numerous new paths I've found.
I'm still having a bit of buyer's remorse tbh since money is a little tight right now and I can't get a refund. But this being a From game, if I hadn't bought it day one I would have constantly been wondering if I should take the plunge for weeks. And at least now I'm engaged enough that I'm probably going to beat the game, even though I'm not in love with it.

On a more positive note, now that I have more freedom to explore, the world design is really fun.
"Oh, can I jump into that pool of water super far below?
Yes I can! And now I've found like 3 bonfires and 3 paths to explore!"
That's really my favorite part about this game since the combat is not quite doing it for me. Plus I've finally found a secret sliding door after testing every single wall in the game, haha.

So yeah, mixed feelings obviously but at least I'm slowly warming up to some aspects of the game.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017

giphy.gif

That area is annoying but it's over pretty quick if you don't want to mess with killing all of those dudes. There's a later area with gun guys that is a bitch and a half to do the first few tries.

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Senpou temple is like a painting, it's beautiful!

Thought I had to defeat that weird dude in the abandoned dungeon to get here, so I was kinda lost for a moment, but it's probably the best looking area so far.

DOTDASHDOT

Helios Abandoned. Atropos Conquered.
Oct 26, 2017
I think this means you really deserve the win! After 5 hours, I'd agree, bloody hell....

img20190324_125428b7jfj.jpg

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
yea, the ape might just be the thing which ends my time with the game. what an awfully designed boss.

He's not great but he's pretty much equivalent to a lord soul boss from Dark Souls because he guards one of the items needed to trigger the last part of the game, so he's worth saving for later. Once you get your attack up to 7 or 8 he becomes much more manageable.

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
Yoooooooooooooooo... I was wondering how to perform Anti-Air Deathblow and when I did it completely by accident it made one terror mini-boss (slight enemy spoilers in the vid) a, J O K E, like, GET REKT levels of joke. Also tested it out on a chicken and I can confirm that this skill is OP if you can catch your prey in mid-air since there is no need to break posture in order to one shot them.

I got a tutorial prompt at the terror boss for the anti air attack but I still could not pull it off, what am I missing?

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Man this thread is a bloodbath. Don't give up!

The slide move is great in general and made this the easiest mini boss by far. As with Gyoubu it allows you to easily stay behind him and control the fight instead of the other way around.

Does that have i-frames or something? Unless I don't know the move you're talking about, I thought it just slid you into a crouch/stealth position from a sprint anyway. But anyway, hitting it in the ass does less damage overall. Might be safer, but it's slow.

DonFreecs

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Found a cheese tactic for lady butterfly on my second attempt lol. Don't know if its already been found.

Just keep spamming the dodge button to the front left of her and attack once. So dodge once -attack once. She will be permastunned. Didnt get hit once in the first round. Second round u gotta be carefull of the illusions but you can stunlock her the same way. Managed to beat her the second time I tried so should be pretty reliable.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
did we collectively find any more secret walls besides the one right after the
drunkard boss
and the one up in the
castle in the room with the blue samurai
?

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Solo'd all the souls games but men would i be happy with a summon system here

sure, you soloed the Souls games but want a summon feature here? doesn´t make sense at all.

besides that, summoning would dilute this experience, it is meant to be a challenge for players that either are just good OR want to practice to overcome the obstacles. it is just not meant for people that directly turn away when they are facing something that seems hard at first glance.

i love that this is a pure single player experience, fits the "lone wolf" theme perfectly.

i have a question about late game vendor request, maybe someone knows it
the information guy in the first area of the game says that he wants someone to collect armor and stuff on the battlefield, someone big and strong, i thought of Kotaro, the big monk guy but he isn´t it. where do i find that someone?

Acewon

Oct 2, 2018
Anyone mind giving me some tips on which prosthetic tools to upgrade early on, i have
Axe, Spear, Flame vent, Firecracker and Shuriken.

mickcenary

Oct 27, 2017
Friends, a little confused about the skill tree...

9xawUdc.png

This is the closest image I could find, but basically:
  • I want what's in the circle (Projected Force, I believe)
    also is this what imbues your sword with fire when you use Flame Vent, etc.?
  • I have the skill to its immediate left
  • I don't have the skill above the one to its immediate left
The game's telling me I can't purchase it due to not having the required skills, which has me scratching my head. Shouldn't the skill to the left be the only prerequisite based on the line flow? Have I just not unlocked this tier of skills (and the game's doing a poor job of telling me so?)

Any help is much appreciated!

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
IMO firecracker is one of the most useful tools, as it allows to create easy opportunity windows to attack the bosses.
Yeah I'm almost done and it's been the best one still. It stuns most bosses so you can heal or get some hits in if you need a quick breather. And it's great for crowd control with basic enemies if you get surrounded.

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
Jesus christ.

How fucking terrible is this fight? The camera is absolutely not remotely capable of keeping up with the close quarters, so you're constantly getting de-locked, which gets you killed every time. It's so fucking stupid, why did they ever think this was an okay fight to put here?

coldsagging

Oct 27, 2017
I know there is technically no linear order to do things in but I think completing Ashina castle ASAP then branching out from there is probably the way the best way to get a consistent upward difficulty curve.

I've been all over the place getting my arse kicked in places I probably shouldn't be yet because I couldn't find the Ashina castle boss for ages.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Found a cheese tactic for lady butterfly on my second attempt lol. Don't know if its already been found.

Just keep spamming the dodge button to the front left of her and attack once. So dodge once -attack once. She will be permastunned. Didnt get hit once in the first round. Second round u gotta be carefull of the illusions but you can stunlock her the same way. Managed to beat her the second time I tried so should be pretty reliable.

you know, that won´t get you anywhere later. you should take every opportunity to practice deflecting attacks, it will be mandatory later on.

Lady Butterfly is peanuts compared to upcoming stuff.

SuperYlvis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fucking hell! Kenichiro battle. I have the mikiri counter down for the overhead slash then thrust attack of his with his first health bar, but for the second health bar it never connects!? What am I doing wrong? It's the same fucking attack.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017

9xawUdc.png

The game's telling me I can't purchase it due to not having the required skills, which has me scratching my head. Shouldn't the skill to the left be the only prerequisite based on the line flow? Have I just not unlocked this tier of skills (and the game's doing a poor job of telling me so?)

You need to buy the skill on the left for 2 skill points, you need to connect all the lines to buy the skill, you only need to connect one line to see what the next skill tier is.

Moff

Oct 26, 2017

9xawUdc.png

you don't have the skill the the left of the one you want, you do have the one above that (with the red mark)

neatsaux

Nov 11, 2018
red room
I think I'm going to give up on the game, not having any fun....at all. After quiting it before, gave it one more shot, got past the ogre and the Shinobi hunter did lots of exploring and had a good time but now stuck at the drunk and the mini boss right after ogre. The drunk kills in one hit and I can't stand having to kill all the normal mobs again and again just to try to fight a boss. I fell like I spend most of my time doing the grunt work of removing every one around bosses more than practicing the bosses them selfs, I don't remember doing this with dark souls or Bloodborne. Perhaps the next from soft game will be more to my likening.
take a breather and come back to it. the drunkard isn't so bad. flank the two enemies inside of the house, follow up and back stab the shield guy next to the drunk, immediately target the other mobs and kill them while evading drunkard.

then they're all dead sans the last shield guy. let them reset, backstab the shield guy. sneak up on the drunk, backstab him, run to the NPC and summon him, throw oil on the drunk and set him on fire, go to town. spam jump and dodge left/right

kill him and feel good that you finally did it

Oct 28, 2017
Not a fan of Dragon rot at all. If there's one thing I hate in games, it's reminding me that I suck. Kill me a million times. Fine. I'll overcome the challenge in my own time and I won't get frustrated. Mock me for dying a million times. That's when I'll get frustrated. I see Dragon Rot as one big reminder of how much I'm dying. It's mocking me and I don't like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.