• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Is there any details on how Dragonrot works yet? I got two sick dudes and am currently debating on using the one tear I have or not. Does anyone die after so long? Or is it just side quests that get impacted?

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is there any details on how Dragonrot works yet? I got two sick dudes and am currently debating on using the one tear I have or not. Does anyone die after so long? Or is it just side quests that get impacted?
Apparently any death counts towards it, so resurrection is pretty much always preferable.. I personally waited until I got like 5 Essences before using a tear

benj

Oct 27, 2017
1. probably not
2. no
3. yes

there is basically no point to healing people, imo, unless you KNOW what you have to do for a quest and you know when you need people to be healthy for it

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
1. probably not
2. no
3. yes

there is basically no point to healing people, imo, unless you KNOW what you have to do for a quest and you know when you need people to be healthy for it

That's what I was wondering. Thanks, looks like I'll hold onto it for now. Now just to see how to NOT get the bad ending with less gameplay parts.

Jingo

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
So how do you feel about all the freedom to go anywhere? I like it but im afraid of missing out on some items with so many routes available.

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
Bloodborne took twenty hours for me to fall in love with it, but I've played Sekiro all day and I don't feel like I've made any progress. I'm like, three quarters through two areas and I've died 70 times on both (mini?) bosses. I've got no desire to turn the console back on.

Oct 26, 2017
Loving this game, but I'm having enough trouble with bad guys fucking me. I don't need the camera fuckin' me too. Dodging around quickly + close to walled in areas = frantic death.

Apple_Prince

Nov 6, 2017
Lady Butterfly is really no big thing. At this point the hardest enemy for me i've fought was the well ninja.

For anyone that is having a hard time once you come across a vendor selling prayer beads and gourd seeds prioritize getting them do a few farming circles and get used to the mechanics and eventually you will not only gain skill but extra health and heals for it.

illamap

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Jesus Christ fuck
Ashina Elite

Thankfully they put the idol right next to the boss but it's fucking destroying me. Also I can confirm that NPCs can get Dragonrot even if you don't resurrect.

I thought that was bit of an bullshit fight because afaik you can't parry second fast sweep, so you are kind of supposed to lose health in this fight.

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
i'm a long time souls fan

but this is just really really hard. holy shit, lol. i can deal with the levels but the mini bosses just wreck me repeatedly. i don't think i've even gotten to a real boss yet, lol

I had this experience as well but it actually becomes much more manageable after you get past the first boss or two. Bosses drop attack upgrades, healing items heal more and you have more of them, and you'll have some health/posture upgrades too, plus skills. It also helps that by then you'll have a better handle on the combat system.

Deleted member 11069

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Have you taken the side path around and slipped in behind him? That's the only way I was able to do it. Also, liberal use of fireworks for free stuns.

Thanks!
Got him, a little bit of cheese, a little bit of every fucking pyro I had.
I ran around a bit and met Snake Eyes Whatshisname. Time to for bed. Another wall!

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
So I just beat G.A. absolutely awesome fight to learn. This game is something else. I still have like 2-3 different ways to still go..and i'm only half way throug? What is this game.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
so I think the slight input lag/lower frames of my tv and ps4 makes the ashina elite miniboss impossible. I don't think the fight is possible to do. I may just have to stop playing. there's no way to react fast enough to him on my setup.

Oct 26, 2017
First fight vs the "nameless king of Sekiro", 13 minutes long lmao. (DofH)
https://youtu.be/LhwS9dFxT_4
  • Had enough practice with phase 1, that I got to 2 using no heals/revives.
  • Things went immediately south in phase 2, which id seen very little of.
  • Made it to phase 3 with 1 healing item left, never even see it before!
  • Pulled through by the fuckin skin of my teeth, was terrifying.
Obviously be alot quicker if I knew what I was up against, + used prosthetics at all.

Loving the gameplay, but is it just me or is the atmosphere rather weak compared to Dark Souls/Bloodborne?
I mean how far are you in? The first 1/4 is like some bayonetta 2 take on souls, non stop action to the top of the castle. After that you start exploring very large areas tenchu style, atmosphere is excellent.

MegaBeefBowl

Oct 31, 2017
so I think the slight input lag/lower frames of my tv and ps4 makes the ashina elite miniboss impossible. I don't think the fight is possible to do. I may just have to stop playing. there's no way to react fast enough to him on my setup.
If you can't hit parry the moment his katana flashes then yeah, you're dealing with a monumental amount of lag in your setup.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks!
Got him, a little bit of cheese, a little bit of every fucking pyro I had.
I ran around a bit and met Snake Eyes Whatshisname. Time to for bed. Another wall!

Snake Eyes is a jerk. I've encountered (her? the voice is hard to make out, but it's softer than most enemies) in two different locations so far and both times...woof.

Sammy Samusu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Beyonce's Womb
Okay so this is my first Souls game but I also love action games like DMC and Bayonetta...

I've gotten the chained ogre to down to like half health and I'm getting better each time. Probably died a dozen times so far lol. The main issue is that I get killed in two shots, so I only learn a little bit about his attack pattern each time.

I know that it's going to be super satisying when I finally take him down though.
So this what Souls gamers have been putting themselves through for the last 10 years huh?
No. Souls is much easier cause you can overcome a challenge through many different ways, while in Sekiro you are basically forced to parry.

If you have bad reflexes you suck at Sekiro, there's no way around it. Souls gives you many ways to fight, you can use fast/slow weapons, ranged, shield, etc. Sekiro is you trying to parry all day long.

And honestly beating a boss in Sekiro feels more like "fucking finally I got lucky with those counterattacks" than "yeah I finally got this figured out".

Finnroth

Oct 27, 2017
Who has Snake Eyes tips?

Stay in his face all the time and keep hitting once or twice to bait his melee attacks - and parry all of those, he doesn't have much poise.
There are only two attacks to look out, the swing from your right side, which is faster but has an easy window, and a slower one from your left.
If you muss the latter, he'll follow up with a kick which you can parry and a gun shot, which you will either need to dodge or parry, but thats mostly it. His grab can be evaded last minute with a dodge to the back. [\SPOILER]

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you can't hit parry the moment his katana flashes then yeah, you're dealing with a monumental amount of lag in your setup.

it's not possible, yeah. his red marks are also undodgeable. I think I have to get it on pc or stop playing

also not sure how to punish, because if I guess and start a parry before his flash comes out, he always steps back before I can punish. so even if I parry every attack, he ends up breaking my posture.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
First fight vs the "nameless king of Sekiro", 13 minutes long lmao. (DofH)
https://youtu.be/LhwS9dFxT_4
  • Had enough practice with phase 1, that I got to 2 using no heals/revives.
  • Things went immediately south in phase 2, which id seen very little of.
  • Made it to phase 3 with 1 healing item left, never even see it before!
  • Pulled through by the fuckin skin of my teeth, was terrifying.
Obviously be alot quicker if I knew what I was up against, + used prosthetics at all.
how hard is this guy compared to other game bosses? not gonna watch the video

Status
Not open for further replies.