• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
jesus christ there are so many skills requiring so many skill points. im just bopping around sampling them but i'm clearly not gonna unlock all of them before the game ends

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Hmmm. Thanks all this is helpful. So I'm supposed to get the meter to fill?

I've given up for now. I'm up to an even 50 tries against Lady Butterfly and I've never even gotten the deathblow prompt. Every NPC is about to be dying at this

Yeah, my better rounds seem to be when I'm playing aggressively.

Also, what in the world do you use money for? I haven't seen any shops, haven't spent a single bit of money thus far.
Yep! The meter filling is what does it. You'll get an auto-deathblow if you take out their HP bar, but in a lot of cases you're better off playing aggressively and taking down that posture bar through good parries and counter-hits.

Money is used to buy Spirit Emblems early on. Other things open up a bit after where you are,

SaraNWrap

Alt account
Banned
Jan 30, 2019
Damn, this game is hard so far, I' got up to the first memory and the Shinobi Hunter is destroying me and I'm a soulsborne vet!

Also this guy:

8etK2cf.jpg

Fuck this guy so much!
Haha, the same guy touched my butt so many times. I stopped for the night last night because I couldn't beat him. I'm a souls vet too but never the type of builds that translate well to this.

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
Man coming back to the drunkard after getting 1) the skill that lets you get health back on every death blow and 2) my first attack power increase was night and day. Easy now.

Even kept the buddy alive all fight

Jingo

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
So, that item right in the beggining, after you go into the water, is reachable or do i come back to that place later?

Wolf of Yharnam

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can we unlock everything in every skill tree in a normal playthrough without having to grind? I'm jumping between different skills atm, but I might have to commit to one or two

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Sorry, I was asking about NPCs dying specifically, which I don't see mentioned there. The reason I ask is I've seen other people saying that NPCs won't die unless they are afflicted as you go into the end of the game and I really don't know what's true anymore.

I have the review guide..it clearly States that npc's can't die from dragon rot.

Pagoto93

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
On the spear mini boss next to the fog and I can honestly see myself putting this on ebay tomorrow. I got it after all the reviews said it was easier than Souls / Bloodborne but it's actually much harder.

Not only is this guy hard but you have to spend a good few minutes taking the grunts out before you can re-challenge him. It's just not enjoyable.

The only one of these games that I've actually managed to master is Nioh. Don't think I have the patience to Git Gud.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Nope, not a speed runner. Played Demons Souls about 5 times, Dark Souls 1 about 40 times, Dark Souls 2 about 5 times, Dark Souls 3 about 12-13 times, Bloodborne 10-11 times. I just love these type of games and often will just replay them in one sitting. I'm excited to do a slow run next week though, just go through everything again - now with the prior knowledge of this first playthrough and explore even more.
Jesus o.O
I tried replaying BB but to me these games are like long rps, you take your time to enjoy the ride but there is no desire left to do a whole second playthrough like a character action game or sidescroller or maybe a platformer.i can't imagine how the hardcore fans do it.

TelemachusD

Nov 22, 2017
Is there an option to turn off the low health blood effect (the whole screen red vignetting)? Shit drives me crazy in any game where I already have a health bar.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I cannot get the rhythm of this combat down for the life of me. I'm getting chewed up and spat out in even basic encounters.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I just murdered 3 bosses in a row, I'm getting the hang of it. =D

Drunkard, Lady Butterfly, and then the flaming Bull

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Only played for about 2 hours but managed to take down 3 minibosses which seems like solid progress to me, though I feel like I totally cheesed one of them.

I can tell it's going to take a while to shake my Souls muscle memory and get used to parrying but the few instances where I've managed to successfully parry a flurry of blows has felt extremely good.

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
This thing is kicking my ass with its insane grabs ffs lol

I got his attention then ran away until he stopped chasing me, then I got the drop on him and took out one of his health bars with a stealth blow. After that, just kinda keep out of reach of his grabs and jump in when it's safe and hit him. You can also use oil/fire and fistful of ash to stun him for a few free hits.

Moose the Mooche

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Can anybody Please help an tell me where to go after the ogre and general after him? Stuck at butterfly and i want to continue the other map. But i dont know where to go

ninjabot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Okay, so for the confirmation I was looking for that rot effects potential endings, I guess I imagined that because I can't find it. But it's cool because I was still partially right. Kinda. it does, but also doesn't.

There are 4 different endings, and those endings seem to be based on decisions you've made concerning NPCS (one in particular at least has nothing to do with the rot... trying not to be spoilery). And Dragonrot can cause you to lose the opportunity to interact with these NPCs any further once they reach a certain rot level (which I mistakenly assumed meant death)

https://www.gamerevolution.com/guid...rection-penalty-when-should-i-revive#/slide/1

I have the review guide..it clearly States that npc's can't die from dragon rot.

Oh, does it actually tell what determines each ending then? There are tons of youtube videos spoiling these endings but none at all telling how to get said endings save the one.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
I cannot get the rhythm of this combat down for the life of me. I'm getting chewed up and spat out in even basic encounters.

Same. I suck so much at this.

Every enemies attacks just seem to have like, way longer wind ups than you think, especially when it flashes up the danger warning thing like half an hour before the move comes out making you think "oh shit, gotta dodge now!" but you dodge and then get hit.

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
I just want to say that the PC collectors edition (without the ugly console banner garbage) is beautiful. So many details for 99€. One of the best (cheap) CE statues I've ever seen. Heavy high quality coins too! The art booklet could be a little bigger tho. I'm happy!

Billy Palmer

Nov 4, 2017
London
Going through a bit of a stressful time in my life and was wondering whether this would finally be the From game I bounce off.
Complete opposite, thoroughly enjoying Sekero and reminded why I love these games so much!

DOTDASHDOT

Helios Abandoned. Atropos Conquered.
Oct 26, 2017

You'll get it, I felt exactly the same, don't panic in a fight, you have to be pretty aggressive, and basically have faith you can counter, and use Mikiri, once you understand the window, you will fair much better.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
I am not liking this at all really. It feels far more annoying than DS or Bloodborne. A lot of the fights are just a slog and don't get me started on fighting multiple people at one time.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Is the white spear guy an invincible enemy? He must of killed me 30+ times already?
I cannot counter his thrusts at all.

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Okay, so for the confirmation I was looking for that rot effects potential endings, I guess I imagined that because I can't find it. But it's cool because I was still partially right. Kinda. it does, but also doesn't.

There are 4 different endings, and those endings seem to be based on decisions you've made concerning NPCS (one in particular at least has nothing to do with the rot... trying not to be spoilery). And Dragonrot can cause you to lose the opportunity to interact with these NPCs any further once they reach a certain rot level (which I mistakenly assumed meant death)

https://www.gamerevolution.com/guid...rection-penalty-when-should-i-revive#/slide/1

Oh, does it actually tell what determines each ending then? There are tons of youtube videos spoiling these endings but none at all telling how to get said endings save the one.

No it does not .. it only says that dragon rot can not kill an npc... bit it Also mentions that to much dragon rot can halt the npc questline..
So Yes it can indirectly alter the ending... Because the endings are different if you complete certain questlines.

DG5000

Nov 14, 2017
Man this game is weird, I'm now actually doing a lot better since I decided to just not bother with deflecting blows and be more agressive with the R1 spam. Deflecting just seems such a high risk-no reward move, any enemy worth its salt suffers little posture damage with it (unless I guess you get a bunch of them consecutively), dodging and interrupting them with the firecrackers and then smashing them with the axe seems way more effective to me.

zMiiChy-

Dec 12, 2017
Looking around for info and footage of this game has made this FROM entry go from 'Some day on deep discount' to 'Ignore indefinitely'.

Dragon Rot in particular is a especially terrible mechanic.

ninjabot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No it does not .. it only says that dragon rot can not kill an npc... bit it Also mentions that to much dragon rot can halt the npc questline..
So Yes it can indirectly alter the ending... Because the endings are different if you complete certain questlines.

Right, because you can't complete those questlines if the rot prevents you from interacting with those NPCs.

So I guess we can say it IS confirmed.

cgatto

Feb 9, 2018
Canada
Ohh my LORD dat sweet satisfaction of killing Lady Butterfly. Died about ten times, got another suffering from rot because of it. Ah well, thems the breaks.

Li Kao

Oct 25, 2017
I just beat the
horse
boss and I'm at the
drunkard
on the other map. I'm feeling like I'm missing some path here. Several closed doors, users talking about a guy with a
poison sword
, it feels a little like I could have missed an entire path. Am I imagining things ?

What should I target next ?

Status
Not open for further replies.