• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solaris

Oct 27, 2017
This game is harder than Souls and Bloodborne.

Most of the 1 on 1 boss fights whoop the living shit out of me. I'm finding it hard to shake Souls habits - I always automatically jump or dodge no matter what when an enemy thrusts, sweeps or grabs.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
feel some tough choices coming up about dragonrot stuff. whole lotta people trying to get some words out to me

Metroidfan09

Jan 10, 2019
England
A couple of questions

1. How do you loot bodies?! I swear its square but the game doesn't seem to allow it? is it something to do with being resurrected?
2. Is the Pause menu a 'real' pause menu? or the same old souls ones

also once you die can you retrieve your lost items? or is that it?

Zelretch

Oct 25, 2017
the game is fundamentally really fun but the enemy placement is a bit bad taking in consideration the enemies by themselves are already pretty hard (not the normal ones but minibosses). Add to that the punishment for dying is both on money and on levels makes the game a bit frustating.

Still, the combat, movement, animations and sound is so good it is a bit easier to forgive but it gets quite frustrating from time to time.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Got my copy, can't wait to get stuck into this over the weekend.

Nice Steelbook too.

TGe5JSl.jpg

LL74Zwk.jpg

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
OK, I didn't even realise you could hold down circle and run. Doing that and not locking onto enemies actually helps quite a bit so that's could.

Feels a bit cheap doing it but whatever it takes lol.

TetraGenesis

Oct 27, 2017
I have a question about remapping controls:

So I think I want to remap. I like some elements of the controls but I feel like I could find something better for me. The problem is I'm so early that I don't know the ways I'll use the other buttons yet, and I don't want to commit a new control scheme to muscle memory that ends up being a bad idea after I get some new abilities.

I also have two paddles because I bought an attachment, so I have those to double up with two other buttons. Now the thing about the paddles is, they facilitate more right stick control because you can put face buttons on the paddles, but holding the controller that way means R2+L2 are your index fingers natural resting point and R1+L1 are kind of a pain to reach.

In Dark Souls and Dark Souls 3 I liked putting run/evade on one of them and attack on the other. That way I could move the camera when I run and run more comfortably while using other buttons. I should do that again here I think, but I don't know if I should put jump on the other or attack or grapple (when I get it) and I don't know what else I switch up. I feel so lost in that regard.

Any ideas?

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
feel some tough choices coming up about dragonrot stuff. whole lotta people trying to get some words out to me
I haven't spent any yet because I'm worried I'll cure someone, not be able to figure out what they want, then they just get diseased again. So I'm holding off until either the end of the game or I just start reading guides or something. I'm not really willing to test it out myself since healing them seems to be a finite resource

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
it fucking incredible. i usually hate the shinobi ninja samurai bullshit in games, but i am down with this shit. its hard. hard as fuck. but so satisfying.

Yeah I think what makes it work for me is how unrelentingly brutal the combat is. Extremely fast and visceral, and playing well looks and feels cool.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
So I'm like 6 hours in and I haven't found any use for money. Is there a store coming up? Am I missing anything?
I'm at the
Burning Bull (?) fight
and since I spent some time grinding levels for a useless combat art I now have a bunch of cash. I don't really mind loosing it but is there a store or something?
Also where the hell do I find Snap Sneed? I haven't found any since that dude gave me one.
You've missed two vendors.
One is behind the sculptor idol that's at Ogre, and the other should now be in the area up the large staircase opposite from the horse boss Idol.

idonteven

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
each fucking mini boss is harder than most soul bosses

they take me 20+ tries

im getting fucking 2 hit BY A MINI BOSSS

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
Ogre is one of the worst and cheapest encounter design in a long time in a game imo. The grab attack fucking tracks you in the air when you step dodge so you fucking still get hit. That is just fucking bullshit enemy design.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have the game right now since i'll have to hunker down financially, but can anyone take a screen of the Antique Map? You can access it in the travel menu and i am wondering if it expands, and so far nobody seems to bother looking at it.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
WTF are you supposed to at (early boss spoiler)

The horseman boss? I keep my guard up, but even then I get maybe 2-3 hits in before he kills me in two hits or so. This seems so hopeless!

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
God damn the reward from
Headless is pretty dope
I'm actually really curious. I missed this area in the game and have no idea where it even is despite being deep into numerous other areas. What's the reward if not just beads? I'm betting it's a tool I missed.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017

The horseman boss? I keep my guard up, but even then I get maybe 2-3 hits in before he kills me in two hits or so. This seems so hopeless!
Two things, try to get the grapple hook attack skill and get buy the firecracker tool from the vendor, it works great on this boss.

Solaris

Oct 27, 2017

Buy the Firecracker Prosthetic from a vendor and use it, it'll scare the horse allowing a lot of free hits

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
Amazing game but holy crap I'm struggling lol

Stuck between a rock and a hard place
Got stuck on the Shinobe Hunter Enshin. Found a path I thought would avoid him which led me the drunkard. So now I'm back at the hunter. Any tips? I can backstab him once, but I just cannot get the timing down on the Miriki counter. I'm guessing that's the key for him, since it really melts away his posture.

Also, is Supress Presence a worthwhile upgrade?

benj

Oct 27, 2017
Ogre is one of the worst and cheapest encounter design in a long time in a game imo. The grab attack fucking tracks you in the air when you step dodge so you fucking still get hit. That is just fucking bullshit enemy design.
the game is trying to teach you something. this is where you learn it. don't focus on what you think the game is doing wrong, focus on what does and doesn't work. raging because you're getting beat is not going to help you understand the fight

Sorel

Oct 27, 2017
So he offers me two option, I'm guessing It has something to do with the endings, does one of them has a secret boss ? Which I one should I choose, I'd prefer to fight the Dragonrot honestly.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Let's just say your not beating that guy without the proper items.
I'm pretty sure I found and fought the second version of that boss. But I somehow missed that original one. What did you get for beating it? I know what to use against it if it's, what I'm assuming, is the same enemy type.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Need help on where to go next.

Done the first memory, fought the chained ogre, drunkard, butterfly and Headless bosses. Can't seem to find a new path to continue the story?

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Lady Butterfly is very fast approaching "this isn't fun anymore" territory

Keep at it. Tips:

- Stay on top of her, it should be 2-3 slashes that she'll block and then she'll deflect. After she deflects, get ready to block a kick. If you deflect the kick, repeat your slashes and she'll kick again. If you deflect this second kick, she often goes into her sweep right after, so jump on top of her when it comes out.
- best openings to reduce her health are avoiding her jumping grab (or knocking her out of it with a shuriken), after her falling heel kick, and when she tries to jump away from you after you pressure her too much.
- for her second phase, she always shows up on the same side of the room. You can attack her while she's standing up and you'll prevent her from summoning illusions for a while

benj

Oct 27, 2017
God damn the reward from
Headless is pretty dope
when did you fight him?

i just tried him post-genichiro, and his patterns seemed straightforward enough but the terror through deflect was pretty rough and made me feel like i'm supposed to have something that i don't yet. i've gotten a bunch of pacifying agent since then, not sure i had any before—is that all i need?

Spence

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
I think having 3 different methods of evading/blocking/parrying is just a bit much and leads to confusion and the dodge feels unreliable a lot of enemies seem to track you if you dodge and hit you anyways.

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
the game is trying to teach you something. this is where you learn it. don't focus on what you think the game is doing wrong, focus on what does and doesn't work. raging because you're getting beat is not going to help you understand the fight

I understand the fight. It is just cheap mechanics. Having tracking flying grab attacks IS cheap and dump fucking game mechanics especially when they take 90% of the HP.

mauaus

Oct 25, 2017
Whats the general consensus, harder than soulsborne?
Or are people having a harder time due to muscle reflex from previous FROM games?

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I should have my copy later.

I'm old and I think this game may kill me.

I'm so old it wasn't until I read the 'playing Sekiro upside-down' thread that I remembered I could buy a physical copy (which can partially mitigate any risk I bounce off the game as I can trade it in)

I've been indoctrinated into digital

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Drunk 1 shot, was expecting a lot worse from some of the posts in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.