• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If you die enough times the sculptor and another character can both get Dragonrot. From here I spoke to the healer and she asked about collecting blood samples, if you bring her a blood sample from the sculptor and whoever else has it she creates a cure you can use at shrines. I don't think it happens specifically at any point in the game, just if you die enough times to have the rot spread.

i meant where and when can you heal it.

Corncob

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Just remember that "cheap" is often a word which people use to try to diminish their own liability for playing poorly. I have not encountered a single thing I would label "cheap" during my time with the game so far.

As long as you don't allow your ego to get the best of you, I assume you won't find much "cheap" in this game either.

I agree to some extent but some of the grab animations are most certainly cheap.

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
Do I need anything special to fight the
Headless boss that's in the cave?

Right now I'm barely making a dent in him, and there's that debuff fog that is all around the arena. Should I just come back to this?

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am at work.. but it should be easy to check. Get to the first real area after the tutorial.
Just play the game without using resurrect. And once you learn about dragonrot, die a lot to the enemies (again without using reuserrect), and then see if the rot increases in your inventory. If it does not then you only get rot when you resurrect.
I'll try it out when I can

Raptor

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boss Spoilers!

I saw on a stream last night a boss that was normal then turned into some kind of Nameless King type boss lightning and all, I said damn.

Now I just need confirmation that that is just the tip of the iceberg.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
I agree to some extent but some of the grab animations are most certainly cheap.

I will have to see if I agree with you or not. So far, none of the grab animations have been egregious. They certainly seem to be more generous than the typical fighting game grab animation.

That being said, maybe I am not far enough into the game to have seen the truly cheap grabs. Maybe they are far less telegraphed further down the line.

electroaffe

Oct 28, 2017
Berlin
Do I need anything special to fight the
Headless boss that's in the cave?

Right now I'm barely making a dent in him, and there's that debuff fog that is all around the arena. Should I just come back to this?

I didn't try it because I had the item only once but you could try confetti, judging from the item description. I could try it now myself though. Found the item 5 times recently. :)

crespo

Oct 27, 2017
There's two vendors right by the ogre area - one in the ogre area itself. They sell some worthwhile bits. They also sell money bags, which is a good way to covert spare coin into savings that you can't lose ;)
Early game vendors:
After the first boss in the castle area. Hard to miss.
At the old lady checkpoint, the thief.
Above the thief where the crows are.
Carp vendor at Hirata Estate, near the start, small island.

Buy all pouches. Buy all limited items. And it's always good to buy the ressource for the prothectics. Later you also can buy upgrade materials at the thief.
Thanks!

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
i meant where and when can you heal it.
I feel like my post covered those questions. But the "where" is talking to the healer at the main hub shrine near the sculptor, when she gives you the healing item you use it at any of the resting shrines. The "when" is any time the rot begins to spread to other characters, you get "items"/debuffs that notifies you when this is happening. I'm pretty sure the "when" is any time you die enough times and can be at any time during the game really.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
One big issue I have with this game is that I don't know when I'm fighting a boss or a mini-boss. I'll easily destroy a mini-boss only to discover that it was meant to be an actual boss. Other From games made it really obvious when you were fighting a boss with the fuckhuge health bar at the bottom.

Well there's a 'boss' in the word mini-boss. Sure a thousand grammar police posters will try to argue but it is what it is

Now if there's some symbol or something that we can go by that would be ace*

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Every mob that have more than 1 life giving me a really hard time. I spent like 30 minutes to kill that fucking ogre. Now im at the first boss and i can already feel the pain

Jin

Oct 25, 2017
Boss Spoilers!

I saw on a stream last night a boss that was normal then turned into some kind of Nameless King type boss lightning and all, I said damn.

Now I just need confirmation that that is just the tip of the iceberg.

Pretty much an early game boss, there is a LOT more

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
Guys, game runs great out of the box on my old system.. I7 3770k and GTX 1060 6GB (only thing that is new lol). Even dual monitors.

In the tutorial when you are going to the secret passage to escape, under the bridge and opposite of where you came in - there is an item way up there..how do I get it?

Murkas

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone point me in the right direction? Been banging my head against the wall, stuck and going in circles.

I'm at Senpou
Temple,
I reached the hall inside and unlocked the shrine with a dude praying next to it and there's these dudes that shoot centipedes around the hall, and 3 spear wielding guys just outside out sitting in the hall, and I can't seem to figure it out where I'm heading next. Going further seems to take me to a cave that loops around to a cliff where I can grapple to the start of the shrine entrance.

It's probably something really easy I'm overlooking...

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Well there's a 'boss' in the word mini-boss. Sure a thousand grammar police posters will try to argue but it is what it is

Now if there's some symbol or something that we can go by that would be ace*
I think when it comes to Souls games, there's a sort of rigid order in the way you tackle boss fights, it's very much linear.

Sekiro feels different though, like you can take down Lady Butterfly for example as your second boss fight but for someone else she could easily be their sixth or seventh. Idk why but I kind of prefer the more linear manner where you have a strict order when it comes to boss fight progression.

sandboxgod

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
I think when it comes to Souls games, there's a sort of rigid order in the way you tackle boss fights, it's very much linear.

Sekiro feels different though, like you can take down Lady Butterfly for example as your second boss fight but for someone else she could easily be their sixth or seventh. Idk why but I kind of prefer the more linear manner where you have a strict order when it comes to boss fight progression.

I feel you. It makes it harder to describe in a Spoiler tag which boss you need help wit

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for all the replies guys.

Anyone knows where can I get fire crackers? Is it a shinobi tool for the arm?

Jin

Oct 25, 2017

I love this approach on that note she was actually my first boss haha

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017

I feel like this is just not true at all, you can easily do bosses out of order in Souls games. There are some bosses with a rigid linearity, but plenty of optional branching areas just like the dream sequence was in Sekiro.

The distinction between "mini-boss" and "boss" feels like pointless semantics to me, any enemy that has a name and health bar I just treat like a major fight and they all feel like bosses anyway, easy or not. Dark Souls had plenty of bosses that felt like mini-bosses but were presented as bosses like Pinwheel. It feels kind of arbitrary to be hung up on the actual distinction.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
hirata estate question
i just remembered the reference to the 3-story pagoda, which im not sure i actually ever encountered. was that the pagoda guarded by the purple guy that dropped mist raven? did i miss it?

Coi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just remember that "cheap" is often a word which people use to try to diminish their own liability for playing poorly. I have not encountered a single thing I would label "cheap" during my time with the game so far.

As long as you don't allow your ego to get the best of you, I assume you won't find much "cheap" in this game either.

*edit*
I just saw your previous comments about Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3. This game isn't going to be for you, man.

I've killed 5 main bosses and some encounters are really cheap, don't lie. Specially when the core mechanic it's most for 1vs1 battle and you're constantly facing groups of enemies.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
really tickled by which of my skill points seem to be going entirely to waste

basically never use arts, they all feel too slow. super never use midair combat arts, rarely get use out of any active attack thing, but latents and fang + blade are giving a lot of value

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I'm like 30 minutes in, but the deflect mechanics feel straight out of Metal Gear Rising or DMC's Royal Guard. I'm still learning all the enemy attack animations through trial and error, but it's really not bad. I think this game is far more fair than Souls games, because I never feel like I'm underleveled, and I vastly prefer this kind of game design.

Fucking A++++++++++++++

Also, I found my favorite control scheme:

vpXfXF6.jpg

Attack on triangle, Deflect on circle, Jump on X, and Action/Loot is square
Hold R2 for easy Run control with thumb still free to do a running attack, and easy access to mid-battle Step Dodge
Grappling hook feels best as a shoulder button, so I put it on R1.
Prosthetics are all controlled via L1/L2.
I switched D-Pad up and down because of personal preference.

The only thing I'm toying with is switching the face buttons so that Attack is square and Deflect on triangle, making Action/Loot as circle. I think I like this set-up the best, though.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
I've killed 5 main bosses and some encounters are really cheap, don't lie. Specially when the core mechanic it's most for 1vs1 battle and you're constantly facing groups of enemies.
you basically never need to fight groups of enemies in my experience in this game so far

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
The drunkard is giving me a bit of hassle. Any tips on how to deal with him?

Which attacks are killing you? I'll try to help out if I can. I beat him playing fairly lame, just punishing big openings and backing off, or deflecting his obvious double swings. There was also a way to jump off of his head that I did once by accident and it seemed to do pretty good posture damage.

sandboxgod

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
So on the PS4 Pro is the framepacing stuff really that bad?
So far I only noticed one frame rate drop (PS4Pro) at this one area when there was a bunch of fire everywhere. Maybe it drops from 60 to 40 or so but its noticeable.

When you're playing this game, fps drop is the least of your problems. you're trying to figure out how to kill these bosses

It's at Hirata Estate when you run on the roof right before Drunkard

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
So far I only noticed one frame rate drop (PS4Pro) at this one area when there was a bunch of fire everywhere. Maybe it drops from 60 to 40 or so but its noticeable.

When you're playing this game, fps drop is the least of your problems. you're trying to figure out how to kill these bosses

It's at Hirata Estate when you run on the roof right before Drunkard

Wait, I thought it was 30 fps on console?

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
13h in. You can stealth-kill one enemy, disengage, kill the next one, disengage, and do this 15 times to clear an area. But I don't think this is intended. I try to stealthkill isolated enemies, especially enemies with ranged weapons and enemies that can call for help, but after that it's about swordfighting. There are areas where stealth is pretty strong (Castle rooftops especially) but in general it's an action-game and I think the MGR comparison was on point.

You're much further along than me, so I take your word for it, but so far it has been relatively easy to split troops up with ash or stones. And enemies don't hear that far apparently.
Combined with the indications in your hub that shows you how alarmed other guards are and if they are aware at all helps a lot to be relatively stealthy. But like I said, I'm not that far along, so all of this might change quickly.

EndlessNever

Oct 25, 2017
Gamespot put up a perfect strategy here.

I also put up a video here that shows in detail how to approach it. Mine is a little longer because it shows the complete route
First defeat using stealth all the mobs, then hide for a while and do a sneak attack on the drunkard, then when he has only 1 life meter talk to the samurai at the pond and 2 vs 1 him.
Thanks to both of you! Watched the video which is what others are saying, just stealth kill the mob then sneak attack him and get the guy to help. I'll try it when home!

Status
Not open for further replies.