• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FeArTriX

Oct 26, 2017
I knew this game was going to hard but man I didn't think it will be like this.

Great game though definitely a GOTY contender.

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok, picked it up on PC and am loving it so far. Having a control/controller issue though. I selected inverted camera and in game it is not inverted. Check the menu, it says inverted, but not in game. Also camera sensitivity is set to 0 and the camera still moves super fast. Has caused way too many deaths so far. Any one else experiencing this?

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
yes, BUT they keep saying "Resurrect".. and that is the wrong term.. you can resurrect after a death (when you get 2 choices, die or resurrect). AND YOU CAN DIE. When you DIE and respawn at an idol you get ROT, not when you resurrect..

Yeah this is a major issue with that article.

I have never used "resurrect", I only die after dying. And I have 2 rot items so far.

I would really like to know what the difference between dying and resurrecting is, and what drawback resurrection gives you.

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Drankard so hard QaQ
any tips?

Follow the walkway around from the left of the main building and you can get behind on of the shield bandits. Stealth kill him to get the fight going. Quickly run towards the archer and kill him.
Move backwards towards the pond to split up the group of enemies. That way you can take out the katana foes before the boss gets to you.
When the boss gets close run past him and use the axe-thing to get rid of the remaining shield foes quickly (if you do not have the axe, kill them the fastest way possible you know)
When thhey are gone, lure the boss back to the main building. Run and speak to the npc (Gensai) to make him help you in the fight.
Now you face the boss and try to stay behind him, he can't block attacks from behind. Just wait for the NPC to attack the boss, and then you can get a free attack in from the back.

this should help

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
I never went into the dream thingy. Should i? I just defeated the first boss guy on horse.
I did the whole dream area before the horse boss, you're probably at the best position to do it now otherwise later with more upgrades it might end up becoming too easy. Also there's really useful prosthetic tools in there.

gigaslash

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Stuck at the Drunkard with y'all. Kinda hard to focus on him and try to learn his pattern/timing with the grunts running around. Though I got much closer the last time, I recon 3-4 tries and I should be able to do it.

Fantastic game, God tier level design for first two locations, I'm absolutely in love with how masterfully and thoughtfully everything is put together.

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The skill that lets you counter thrust attacks by dodging towards the enemy is a must have

edit: It's called "Mikiri Counter"
Yep. I have that, the stealth perks, increased white emblems & the health steal on deathblows.

Just got an amazing third skill tree from exploring a hidden temple, it unlocked...

...Monk-style hand-to-hand martial arts!

ToKre

Mar 11, 2018
its strange how much trouble people are having vs juuzou i walked in killed the 4 tiny guys before he even started fighting but i was fast about doing it and then the 1v1 was a joke he does the same 2 hit chain attacks that are free parries and the hug can be dodged easily unlike the damn ogre.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
Much ur gonna love this game buddy

Awesome stuff!!

ARmuX7P.gif

https://twitter.com/Much118x

Gonna need to git gud, but it reminds me of For Honor strangely enough so it should come quickly. :P

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
the level design in this game is so good

it reminds me of DS1 so much, loving it

Elementje

Dec 26, 2017
Someone know if there is a download option for the digital artbook? When I redeem te code on the Sekiro website and click the download button it directs me to another page with a clickable gallery where I can view the artbook. I'd rather have a high res pdf format with everything in it in stead of a folder full of jpg's...

itspapagreg

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else having performance issues? I'm on base PS4. I don't usually care much about graphics, but its pretty rough. Its kind of distracting, although i am having a good time playing it regardless.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Here is the official description.. Spoilered

7yGixrN.png

it is actually worded kind of strange.. hmm..

it actually sounds like you contract Dragonrot from using the resurrect option, but it only spreads once you die for real.
...Oh. If I knew this I'd be using resurrection every chance I got. I thought it was the opposite.

kraftdinner

Alt account
Banned
Mar 8, 2019
Shit this game is hard. I just started it. I'm just past the part where
you get your ass kicked by that imposing dude in the flower field while trying to save our little master
. Just getting there, I must have died 4 or 5 times. I can see that the parry system is obligatory. You cannot fuck around while there are more than 2 enemies at the same time. Either you stealth kill them, either you parry and massive damage em up. Trying to spam the attack button on enemies is just a friendly way to tell them to fuck you up.

Can't wait to play more of it tonight! Playing on PC. That 60fps really helps with such a game.

lucentcrowe

Banned
Feb 11, 2019
its strange how much trouble people are having vs juuzou
the 1v1 was a joke he does the same 2 hit chain attacks that are free parries and the hug can be dodged easily unlike the damn ogre.

Funnily enough I killed the ogre on my first try by i-framing his grabs over and over, it felt super easy to me. I just beat juuzou but it definitely took me about an hour of attempts and I got a free deathblow by sneaking up on him, lol.

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Oooh, restarting my game then

I am at work.. but it should be easy to check. Get to the first real area after the tutorial.
Just play the game without using resurrect. And once you learn about dragonrot, die a lot to the enemies (again without using reuserrect), and then see if the rot increases in your inventory. If it does not then you only get rot when you resurrect.

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Quick question: which one is harder this or Nioh?

This is an interesting question. Nioh also needed a "chip change" to adapt to the new mechanics and so the first hours were quite brutal. But is also true you could make some pretty OP builds.

That said of these late end challenge fights,like fight 2 of the hardest bosses at the same time were harder than most souls games.

I'd say Sekiro wins for now. I never played such a hard action game since NGB.

Blizz

Oct 25, 2017
How does one unlock the Skills tab? I'm at Hirata Estates and really need a skill to defeat a mini-boss but I can't seem to find the Skills tab when resting at a Sculptor's Idol.

Status
Not open for further replies.