• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Out_Of_Ammo

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Jesus, I thought the dragon rot would be gradual. But I just died a few times for the first time, got a cutscene and 2 of the NPCs already got the rot at the same time...

Gunslinger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yo this game is hard. Anyone trying to play this like souls or BB is in for some frustration. If you can't parry then you done.

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
Played for 8 hours yesterday and finished two of the "main bosses" and quite a few of the "mini-bosses". This game is hard and I adore every second of it. Can't wait to spend the entire weekend with this thing.

Though after unlearning my Dark Souls habits, the parry system and emphasis on blocking and counter attacking is really really satisfying. My fight with
Lady Butterfly
was one of the most intense fights I've had out of all the Soulsborne games I've played. Beating them felt so satisfying.

Cascadero

Nov 8, 2017
Started tonight and the controls of this game are such a joy. It makes the challenge easier to deal with because when getting killed you just know it was your own bloody fault.

sanstesy

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Yeah, not a fan of stealth in this game. Enemies somtimes having wall hack while simultaneously being blind & deaf at the same time doesn't help at all. Utterly inconsistent and janky.

Movement is also pretty janky - jumping and running in particular. Platforming without the grappling hook (which is an automated process) doesn't feel good.

Wolf of Yharnam

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How do you hit those carps that swim away like crazy? I'm hiding in the reeds and charging my attack, but it never connects and then they're gone

GetDigitized

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are there any PS4/PC or 30 vs 60 fps comparison videos out there? Can't see any besides the IGN one which doesn't really show much combat.
I have the ps4 ce not sure if i should double dip for the pc version ~_~ .

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
I'm at the Oger an honestly a bit mad because they pull of the same animation-tracking-instant-turning thing, when dodging, they did in Bloodborne and Dark Souls. Highly frustrating, especially when you think for a split second you avoided the hit, the enemy then skip frames and is magically at your angle. Not cool.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
how do you get on the second floor of the house? I can see a tree next to it but can't find a way up

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
I had to remap the buttons due to the differing placement but man using a switch pro controller feels good lol. Couldn't get my DS4 to work.

malrock

Oct 26, 2017
North Carolina
Played the game on steam for an hour this morning before work and man, this game is fantastic. Parrying feels damn good. Also playing it with max settings at a locked 60 fps is going to spoil me for when I play the game on my main console, the ps4, when it arrives on Monday. I always play the "souls" games on my playstation consoles for the trophies and because those just feels like my souls consoles

JulesLove

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
F this game. That the stealth section in the beginning of the game with the Where are you supposed to go. Is this supposed to be fun?

The combat is cool but why are there enemies hidden away in mini boss areas that show up after a minute and back stab you. This game seems way less fair than From's previous games cause you don't have any area control moves/horizontal sweeps so 3+x vs 1 fights are impossible and hiding for ages to just stealth kill one guy is a waste of my time

edit:

ejoshua

Oct 27, 2017
This game man. I'm about 2ish hours into it, and I can't believe how good it feels. I am dying a lot, and the game's world makes me feel very guilty for doing it, but I'm loving exploring/taking risks and learning the areas and combat. When I found my first "shortcut" back to an idol, I knew that I was playing a Souls-like, be damned what anyone says.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
This game!

So far it's not that hard, I'm two hours in - the only Souls game I played before has been Dark Souls for around 8 hours.
So far, I'm playing this as a stealth game. The indicators are not perfect, but good enough and it's so much fun to split a patrol up with some ash, take one out, vanish to the top of the buildings and repeat until no one is left. It's been relatively linear so far and I just cleaned up the first outpost with 8-10 guards including a Hammer guy. I'm still bad at normal fighting, so I try to be death from above most of the time.

Most of the time there has also been a stealth path to take the most dangerous enemy out first.

3 deaths so far, atmosphere and visuals are fantastic, gameplay is too. I'm just really far away from being a natural with using the shoulder buttons for attacks.
Playing this on PC with a 970, 8GB RAM and an SSD on a i5-4460 - Everything on high, rock solid 60FPS.

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
Yes the game is hard but very rewarding. I'm starting to get much better with the combat mechanics

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Any recommended skills? I'm sitting on 9 points currently, still only have the Shinobi & Prosthetic trees. Should I wait for better stuff?

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have a reliable way of taking down these shield guys? The only way I can think of is baiting out their rush, but it can mean a lot of waiting around

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Juuzou is a fucking piece of shit. So tilted. Have to leave for work while this asshole is still alive. Fuck.

Deleted member 50761

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
Played for 6 hours, I'm at the drunkard, if he didn't have so many guys with him it'd be more willing to keep trying to beat him. I'm not good at hard games so surprised I even got this far.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
does anyone remember where Miyazaki was sleeping when the Sekiro teaser happened at Games Awards 2017?

now i know why he slept

"man these games are all boring as fuck" lol

OP
OP
janusff

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Reminder that Polygon put up a Rot Essence and Dragonrot Guide that's pretty good

https://www.polygon.com/sekiro-guid...ama-emma-dragons-blood-droplet-recovery-charm

Resurrection has an obvious benefit: You return to the battlefield with all of the Skill Experience and sen you're carrying. But it has a less obvious drawback. As you resurrect in Sekiro, your chances of receiving Unseen Aid decreases incrementally until you receive a Rot Essence item, and just like the item's description says:

Every resurrection increases your odds of receiving a Rot Essence item and therefore decreases your chances of receiving Unseen Aid. In the screenshot above, we're at 13 percent Unseen Aid because we're carrying two Rot Essence items.

Each Rot Essence item has a name associated with it, and the name denotes the character who's afflicted with Dragonrot. In the screenshot above, that's Rot Essence: Sculptor. To be super clear, that means that the Sculptor is sick.

You can still purchase items from a sick merchant, but you can't progress stories from any sick NPC.

Nostradamus

Oct 28, 2017
So far, I love this game although it's extremely punishing. At many points you feel completely helpless since you can't just grind and become more powerful like in the Souls series. The few upgrades you get in vitality, health etc are mostly bound to bosses as well, so if you are stuck somewhere there isn't much you can do apart from learning to fight better. It is so satisfying when you learn how to use a new trick or obtain an arm upgrade that completely transforms bosses from impossible to relatively easy.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really annoyed that my copy got delayed till tomorrow. I'm debating just purchasing on PSN and just returning my physical copy when it gets here.

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.