• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GReeeeN

Senior Analyst at GSD
Verified
Mar 6, 2018
I cannot for the life of me find a single potion, so doing each encounter when it's 10 + 1 boss vs me becomes pretty much impossible

The Pharmercy

Oct 26, 2017
So I'm really struggling here. Been at it with that fucking Ogre for about an hour. I finished every Soulsborne game before. This is ridiculously hard. I'm not talking hard, I'm talking Edgelord "letsseehowmanyfuckerswecanbreak" hard for the sake of pissing people off.

Every Souls game feels like that with a certain boss the first ti me.

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really don't have time to play until Wednesday and really really want to play this now. Need to stop reading the thread.

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
But how?

If I rush him, I get maybe 15% of one health bar out before he breaks free, and he then insta-grabs me and kills me :P.

here is a guide (will spoiler tag it)
He is weak to fire. So if you have the Flame Breathing barrel, then use it. Or the Shinobi firecracker if you have it.
You can't sneak up on him. But you can rush him while he is chained and get some hits in.
In general just hit him once or twice and retreat, normally you will just keep hitting an enemy to get is posture and vitality down, not him. Hit and retreat is the best way. The Ogre can't guard and he has a big reach, so attack once or twice and retreat.
Fistfull of ashes and firecrackers stun him, so use them and attack, you can hit him 3 times with this tactic. But remember you can only do this every 15 seconds.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
here is a guide (will spoiler tag it)
He is weak to fire. So if you have the Flame Breathing barrel, then use it. Or the Shinobi firecracker if you have it.
You can't sneak up on him. But you can rush him while he is chained and get some hits in.
In general just hit him once or twice and retreat, normally you will just keep hitting an enemy to get is posture and vitality down, not him. Hit and retreat is the best way. The Ogre can't guard and he has a big reach, so attack once or twice and retreat.
Fistfull of ashes and firecrackers stun him, so use them and attack, you can hit him 3 times with this tactic. But remember you can only do this every 15 seconds.

See my above post :P.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
That ogre is a joke.
Rush him and u can get off like 15 swipes befor he breaks free.
Almost an entire free bar

Yeah, almost an entire free bar, if the bar was one fourth of the size. I have literally hit it with fifteen attacks, five of which are while it's breaking free and it doesn't even take off a fourth of the bar.

See my above post :P.

It's really just a slow fight of attrition and it helps to make sure all of the surrounding enemies are dead as well so they don't interfere. The only real problem with the fight is the grab.

Use the flame prosthetic, but wait until after your first deathblow. If you can remove one bar without fire, you've pretty much got the fight. Otherwise, you're just wasting ammo since you are likely going to die. You really just want the Ogre to initiate an attack first, since the grab will almost 100% get you if you aren't moving while it starts. Just circle strafe and counter with a few hits after it does something. Don't attack first.

Last edited:

Gorgosh

Oct 26, 2017
Yep, game is hard. But I still make constant progress, hardest so far was the Shinobi Hunter dude because I didn't know how the parry worked.
But it is definetly much harder than Souls Games so far, will see how the difficulty progresses once I get more used to the systems.

Also about the Ogre:
You can get a fire prostetic in the Estate. Oil Him, burn him -> 5-6 free hits. Try to the first Bar without and them spam him with that shit. Also JUMP over the lunge-grab, don't try to dodge

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
So how does the counter work when there's the red sign above the ennemy? For thrust it's easy, but was about sweep and grab? What's the timing? Just dodging when the guy is trying to grab you doesn't do anything

EDIT : nevermind, the guy at the main hub can train me about these, will try to catch the right timing

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
It really seems people are having a hard time getting away from souls battle mechanics and trying to dodge more than parry. You're going to have a bad time

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I've beat two bosses this morning, and I mean actual bosses (I've also beaten 3 mini bosses) and I'm still shaking. This game really gets the adrenaline flowing.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
so i've read that dragonrot can permanently lock you out of sidequests since the way to cure it is limited and you only have a few in the game... Is that true?

does dragonrot accumulate only if you die or everytime you use ressurect?

Mar 29, 2018
Sorry to ask again, but I cannot figure out how to assign quick items to left/right arrows on a controller. halp :(

There's only one quick item slot - Up on controller

You can swap to other quick items with left and right on controller

You set up to 5 quick items you can go between in the menu. Literally first menu that appears when you press Start/Options/Menu

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
After a few hours into this game :

a146fd11e50aae73e077d4fd689523458efcc446_hq.gif

Shivers

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Great game, ive double dipped for this and purchased it on both pc and one x, however the difference in performance between the two is so great that im finding it hard to play the one x version at all after playing it on pc.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I'm ridiculously impressed by how well the vertical aspect of the levels are integrated. There are so many cool caves and things that you can only see from certain perspectives, that you then have to remember and make faith jumps to reach.

chechi

Dec 3, 2018
About the chained ogre fight, how I got a health bar "for free" every time:

Run up, kill the two guys, run past the ogre and kill the guy on the left and then head back to the merchant-area and hide atop a roof or sth. The ogre will loose you and head back, sneak up from behind and get a stealth kill. Just one more bar to go from here on.

It helped me the first time fighting him a lot but honestly after you get his attack pattern its a more or less an easy fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.