• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Is it just me or should switch prosthetic arms be on the up arrow and item usage on the triangle? Such a bizarre choice for defaults

Altairre

Oct 25, 2017
Sigh.... Chained Ogre has tracking on some of his attacks which is just utter bullshit. I wish From would stop doing these types of cheap ass attacks, where I get grabbed even though I dodged but he just tracks and grabs me in motion. Fun game at this point, and I enjoy it more than DMC5. I know it is different genre, but I love the tension I feel in this game.
Yeah I saw that on stream and the tracking is bonkers. That's one of the things I wish they would improve, it looks ridiculous too.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
yooooooo

end of hirati spoilers
beat butterfly with the lsat of my snaps and my pellets. never found out where to get more snaps lol. hope i dont need anymore at any other point in the game

Solaris

Oct 27, 2017
So far this game is harder than Souls and Bloodborne for me. The regular enemies are alright, but the two health bar ones are kicking the shit out of me. I love it.

Fuck that Ogre

Coi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The PS4 digital version comes with the patches? Or I need to download them after download the game?

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Played for 2,5 hours, great game so far (PS4 Pro). The performance isn't as bad as I expected, and the changes to the Souls formula are welcome, though I can't nail the parrying yet. :( Super-hard game.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I went through all the Souls games and Bloodbourne without that many issues. This game is already getting me to my breaking point. I really think it might be too tough.

crespo

Oct 27, 2017
And, after possibly the longest day at the office ever, I'm IN.

See y'all on the other side :D

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is the boss right after the drunkard supposed to bes omething to come back later to? Because I managed to get to the second phase... once. And yeah, I'm dead. I even used the item the dying guy gave me and nothing happened.

Dec 6, 2017
US
Quick question before diving in later:

Is the default control scheme intuitive or what are some good alternate layout ideas?

Anyone mapped strikes and parry to face buttons for example? I played God Of War with the face button layout and it felt much better.

Deleted member 11069

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Beat that first general, thank Buddha for stealth and it's ability to take the first red dot away.
Muscle memory is going to take a while to adopt to this.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
Is the boss right after the drunkard supposed to bes omething to come back later to? Because I managed to get to the second phase... once. And yeah, I'm dead. I even used the item the dying guy gave me and nothing happened.
the item description and guy's description give clues about when to use that item. it's good but not that mandatory for the fight, i dont think

Oct 27, 2017
So i decided to watch some streams and this happened...

From software plz lmao

my GWARD LUL I just watched Elajjaz get rekt by this enemy as well...

tenor.gif

benj

Oct 27, 2017
yeah item use on the ds4 is incredibly awkward in this game so far. trying to use a throwable in the middle of a fight feels like texting while riding a motorcycle

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
Just really getting into it now past the opening parts and I can already tell I'm in for a treat. The drop kills are so insane! Haven't really looked at much beyond E3 presentations for this so everything is coming as a surprise.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I went through all the Souls games and Bloodbourne without that many issues. This game is already getting me to my breaking point. I really think it might be too tough.
Did you go in blind? You knew there's no calling for help or leveling up, right? Just asking because I know a lot here wanted to know next to nothing before release.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
I'm all pre-ordered, but I can't play until late tomorrow night. One week a year we have to pull late shifts at work.....guess who drew the shit straw? lol.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Games out in EU btw. No more VPN for me.

Also, a boss after a boss? You nasty bastards

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany

just take it slow...and remember: exploration is key. there are always different ways.
you start from zero with this game, it is all fresh and new. it will all make sense, trust me :-)

yeah item use on the ds4 is incredibly awkward in this game so far. trying to use a throwable in the middle of a fight feels like texting while riding a motorcycle

you can remap all buttons though

And I'm in. Goodbye life.

enjoy the ride lol

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I FUCKING DID IT! FUCK THIS ASSHOLE!

Dude all of a sudden I was able to stealth 3 people in a row standing there without anyone noticing.
Yeeeeeesssss!!!!!! Grats!!!!!!!! Fyi, don't fuck with the boss right after that guy till later...... You'll see why.

Deleted member 47076

Banned
Aug 25, 2018
Played for 2,5 hours, great game so far (PS4 Pro). The performance isn't as bad as I expected, and the changes to the Souls formula are welcome, though I can't nail the parrying yet. :( Super-hard game.

Glad to hear that about the performance. I was disappointed after hearing the numbers earlier today but damn is this game gonna be good... a few judders won't get in the way of that.

Oct 27, 2017
my god amazon is soooooo fucking annoying ... it got at the

Package arrived at a carrier facility
At my location

its literally 3 miles away and got their at 11:35am EST...

but they just leave it there until tomorrow..

annoyed-gif-2.gif

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Dang. This game is truly harder than all the others? I loooooove Bloodborne but am not a big fan of Dark Souls because of how much slower it is. Would Sekiro be up my alley?

Seiru

Oct 25, 2017
Can't decide between PC or PS4 Pro.

PC: Locked 60fps, 1440p, gsync, but no HDR
PS4 Pro: Not sure what fps to expect, but HDR on a really good TV

neatsaux

Nov 11, 2018
red room
Anyone think the paddles on the back of my Xbox Elite Controller will do me any good with this game? Would I be better to leave them off?

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Dang. This game is truly harder than all the others? I loooooove Bloodborne but am not a big fan of Dark Souls because of how much slower it is. Would Sekiro be up my alley?
It's a lot faster pace. Still hard.
Can't decide between PC or PS4 Pro.

PC: Locked 60fps, 1440p, gsync, but no HDR
PS4 Pro: Not sure what fps to expect, but HDR on a really good TV
It has HDR on PC, you shouldn't need gsync depending on your GPU so could use your TV, best of both worlds then.

Deleted member 14377

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mine is completely downloaded but stuck in Downloads on Steam. When I try to move it up, it doesn't do anything, when I click play/pre-load (it changes) it says it's not out yet :/

Seiru

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, I suppose my TV could do 4k as well.

I should probably look into wiring my TV up to my PC...

Status
Not open for further replies.