• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Double post.

I'll just use it to say this game is absolutely amazing:)

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Welp, just put down the cash and bought it digitally. Was going to wait until next month but decided it would be helpful to download it early.

Optimus Lime

Oct 27, 2017
Wait... does the US version of Sekiro on CDKEYS only work in the US and not North America (Canada)?

Because I'm getting this message: This product cannot be activated in your region. If you believe you have received this message in error or require a refund, please contact our support team via our help desk.

edit: Well guess I'm fucked. Gonna try to refund.

Just got the same message. I was absolutely sure that my key was 'worldwide', but apparently, it's changed to Europe only. I've just lodged a refund, and I'll just buy it on Steam. Serves me right for being such a cheapskate.

Atisha

Banned
Nov 28, 2017
Just put down the requirements of cash and will be picking it up tonight around 9pm then jumping in HAZAAA.
Went with PS4 version over the One for the controller and those savory few extra resi dots. I've been honing my deflectoin skills with Hellblade.
I'M READY.

Deleted member 12100

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The english voice actor for the
NPC merchant in the barrel
sounds a lot like the voice actor for the Torturer in the Berserk 2012 movie. Also
his hand looks like the 97 anime intro hand

benj

Oct 27, 2017
jesus christ (early game spoilers)

hirata estates is fucking huge! and has so many weird paths. i just ran into....the purple guy standing on a rooftop and killed him. got some feathers. how much else am i missing in this game

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Dunno if this was posted ITT but someone modded in the Moonlight Sword

D2MdPwQXcAAPWvh.jpg:large

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Japanese VA seems like the way to go, the English cast sounds a little too.... clean for a From game? Plus Japanese obviously fits the setting as well.

Deleted member 16609

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Harlem, NYC
I asked this earlier, but it probably got buried due to the speed of this thread - but anyone that has beaten the game, or is at least a good way through it; without spoiling specifics, have you seen a lot of unique, named mini-bosses?
People already have beaten the game? How long is the first playthrough if you know? I know there is a ton to see due to the side missions and all.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Honestly? I did...

I'm a fool. They were marketing it as a 60fps game. It's not on any console.
To be fair I wasn't really excusing it, I dont think because their other games were sub 60 and even sub 30 at times that that makes it ok for this game to be. I just personally dont expect a smooth frame rate from From. Which is too bad, their games would be even more incredible if they got the performance running better.

Tmespe

Oct 27, 2017
First real enemy and all my friends have the rot already. Not gonna be an easy ride, that's for sure.

Porcupine

Oct 27, 2017
Two hours in, this game is really amazing. But so far it's easier than the Souls titles or Bloodborn for me, but maybe I've just played those games for such a long time ;) I don't wanne sound cocky, but I haven't had a single death before the first boss so far. ;)

Dec 6, 2017
US
Quick clip of me dealing with this General unique enemy dude. Still early days. If the very first boss you come across is indicative of the game's later bosses then this is a legit GOTG contender. Also I've noticed that the dodge doesn't have i-frames. I found jumping is a way better way of avoiding a hit. Feels more consistent.

It's soooooo good dude. Legitmately Bloodborne tier and I haven't even touched any Shinobi tools and the skill upgrades. I feel getting good at deflect is the first step of being able to properly master the combat system. The feedback on the deflect like the sounds, visual effects and vibration when you successfully deflect a hit just feels really nice, especially when you start pulling it off against a super aggressive enemy who just keeps hitting you.

Also I haven't really seen this mentioned anywhere but the story is actually really good. I feel very invested and engaged so far which is kind of rare for a From game. It's very much a traditional story with an actual guided structure instead of the exposition through item descriptions we're used to with Souls games.

First of all, your impressions are pushing me over the edge to the point where every fucking minute is feeling like an hour until 9PM.

Regarding the dodge not having i-frames, I feel like that might be to encourage jumping seeing how jumping off enemies' heads causes posture damage. Maybe that's a way to tie in evasion with posture damage. I'm not playing yet obviously so fucked if I know ultimately but from what I saw in streams, this seems like a viable tactic in sword fights.

And jesus christ, that sword parry-fest back and forth looks and sounds so goddamn cool

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
So yeah, I died 20 times to this asshole already. Wtf
Is it the Drunkard? I swear from the little i've seen he doesnt look that crazy but everyone seems to be struggling with him?
To be fair I wasn't really excusing it, I dont think because their other games were sub 60 and even sub 30 at times that that makes it ok for this game to be. I just personally dont expect a smooth frame rate from From. Which is too bad, their games would be even more incredible if they got the performance running better.
If From dont change to Unreal Next Gen I really hope the consoles are powerful enough to brute force their janky engine.

Umbrella Carp

Banned
Jan 16, 2019
I'm getting this message when I go to get my key from CDkeys:

"This product cannot be activated in your region. If you believe you have received this message in error or require a refund, please contact our support team via our help desk."

When did Activision start region locking steam codes?

Oct 30, 2017
Watching popular Soulsborne streamers play this game is really fun. They know to learn the systems and not try to just flail with a sword. Makes combat look really engaging.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
First 2 hours or so were "easy", but as you need to defeat the "minibosses" the game gets really hard. Just obtained the fist health upgrade and exploring the two starting areas.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Still torn whether to get this or not. I played Dark Souls 1-3 and Bloodborne but was always happy to have the option for coop when something like Ornstein and Smough or Chalice Amygdala crossed my path. No option for that here though :/

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
So what's the deal with DS4 support? Does it have PS4 button prompts? Do I need to use Steam's controller support or do I need to disable that? If I disable that, native support or do I need a XInput wrapper?

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Oof... Man, people weren't kidding about the difficulty. Deflecting is a lot more finicky than I was anticipating, it's much closer to parry timing than quickly raising a shield to block in DS.

Deleted member 11069

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So what's the deal with DS4 support? Does it have PS4 button prompts? Do I need to use Steam's controller support or do I need to disable that? If I disable that, native support or do I need a XInput wrapper?
It did not recognize my DS4, I had to use the Xbox one.
Just read up on it and apparently you can fix it. I'll try that later.

DonaldKimball

Oct 28, 2017
The generals are super fun to fight holy shit. Once you learn how to counter sweep and thrust it becomes a little easier.

Merrill

Oct 27, 2017
Halifax

You got that right. I'm still buying it. My tv does 120hz, apparently that helps on Xbox X version.

WhiteNovember

Aug 15, 2018
The second big boss is killing me way to quick. Maybe I should just watch a movie this evening... Or for the rest of my life..

Status
Not open for further replies.