• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 20, 2018
I have kept myself 110% in the dark for this game as I want to go in truly blind. That being said does this game have any online features or is it safe to play in offline mode?

I ask because I want to play in online if features are there but I was informed this was the first souls game where online wasnt going to be a thing.

No online at all. It's a purely single-player game.

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
My retailer won't sell the game until tomorrow. That's really disappointing considering they sold KH3 five days early.

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
One last thing in regards to GMG: Some people are also saying that because we used VPN to access Steam with a Japanese IP that Steam will somehow keep us in that region for a few weeks. Because the GMG key is locked to a different region, does that mean we won't be able to launch the game for weeks now?

If so, I'm just taking the $55 hit and buying it again.

Deleted member 50761

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
Watching someone called LobosJR on twitch, he's blasting through bosses in 1-2 attempts. I've never watched his streams before.

Dec 6, 2017
US
Sekiro OT Hype Pals...I'm getting the game tonight at 9PM and have a challenging, full day of work ahead of me tomorrow.

My god, I'm so torn here. Do I handle this shit like a boss and pretend I'm still in my early 20's playing all fucking night and then rip through the day on 3 hours of sleep tops? Do I act like the adult I'm supposed to be and simply install it, pop in for maybe, oh, an hour and sensibly call it a night while pining away for Sekiro all day at work the next day?

On another note, this OT has been seriously a lot of fun and reminded me of how cool this place can be when no passive-aggressive drama erupts within two pages of a thread.

Guy beat Bloodborne ng+7 with fists only.

giphy.gif

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
One last thing in regards to GMG: Some people are also saying that because we used VPN to access Steam with a Japanese IP that Steam will somehow keep us in that region for a few weeks. Because the GMG key is locked to a different region, does that mean we won't be able to launch the game for weeks now?

I don't believe so. I've never had issues with using a VPN and then switching right back to my regular IP once the game is unlocked. Even if that was the case, it sounds like a password change would force reset your IP

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown

I'm not sure that's true, but even if it was, you should be able to change that password on the client and wipe those sessions
Perhaps JaseC can comment on this, though

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Sekiro OT Hype Pals...I'm getting the game tonight at 9PM and have a challenging, full day of work ahead of me tomorrow.

My god, I'm so torn here. Do I handle this shit like a boss and pretend I'm still in my early 20's playing all fucking night and then rip through the day on 3 hours of sleep tops? Do I act like the adult I'm supposed to be and simply install it, pop in for maybe, oh, an hour and sensibly call it a night while pining away for Sekiro all day at work the next day?

On another note, this OT has been seriously a lot of fun and reminded me of how cool this place can be when no passive-aggressive drama erupts within two pages of a thread.
If you play it a ton today, you'll probably feel like shit tomorrow and will be tired once you get back home. Play it a bit and turn it off

Jul 20, 2018

Play it all night long. Play it while you're supposed to be working and all through the weekend. Never stop until you see the credits roll.

Dec 6, 2017
US
If you play it a ton today, you'll probably feel like shit tomorrow and will be tired once you get back home. Play it a bit and turn it off

Oh come on, I secretly want you people to talk me into recklessly juvenile behavior!!!

Play it all night long. Play it while you're supposed to be working and all through the weekend. Never stop until you see the credits roll.

My man, that's what I'm talking about. Gonna hold this shit in front of my boss' face when he busts me fully asleep at my desk.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia

Nope. The "home region" of your account is determined by the region within which you last completed a purchase, and runtime eligibility is determined purely by IP address, not store or account region.

What's a retail key? Does that included GMG?

Any activation code, be it a digital key from a store like GMG or a physical code in a box.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
One thing I really dont like is how item descriptions pop for an object EVERY time you pick it up. It should only be the first time. I hope this gets changed. Could get really annoying for me later on in the game.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to VPN, since I can't wait any longer. It's been like 5 years since the last time I bothered to do that for a game. One upside to the game not being much cheaper on key sellers than Steam.

Dec 6, 2017
US
One thing I really dont like is how item descriptions pop for an object EVERY time you pick it up. It should only be the first time. I hope this gets changed. Could get really annoying for me later on in the game.

This just annoyed the shit out of me in DMC5 where every time you picked up a golden orb or upgrade item, a full-screen description came up with a several second delay/load to be able to push X out of it even.

Also hope this gets patched, that sounds stupid.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
Guy beat Bloodborne ng+7 with fists only.
He also has a NG+69 (with a mod of course) of Dark Souls 1. Bosses had so much health (hundreds of thousands of HP) that he started having weapon durability issues in some fights.

He also has a DS1 run with a mod that reduced his max HP and stamina to 1. Which meant that the only actions he could do were walk, use items and cast spells.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
I think this is how it works in all Souls games iirc so I doubt it will be changed.

Jul 20, 2018

Oh man, due to the nature of the gameplay sessions I've seen I thought that was just for the first time you got something. That is annoying.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
This just annoyed the shit out of me in DMC5 where every time you picked up a golden orb or upgrade item, a full-screen description came up with a several second delay/load to be able to push X out of it even.

Also hope this gets patched, that sounds stupid.
I dont understand how such obviously pace breaking issues get overlooked. So annoying. Someone should tweet Kitao about this.

I think this is how it works in all Souls games iirc so I doubt it will be changed.

No it didnt. You went into the inventory to read descriptions.

Dec 6, 2017
US

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
He also has a NG+69 (with a mod of course) of Dark Souls 1. Bosses had so much health (hundreds of thousands of HP) that he started having weapon durability issues in some fights.

He also has a DS1 run with a mod that reduced his max HP and stamina to 1. Which meant that the only actions he could do were walk, use items and cast spells.

Madness.

SoundLad

Oct 30, 2017
Played around an hour of the game and it's fucking sick.

Got a question for anyone else playing on Steam with an XB1 controller; is your controller vibrating when parrying and then performing a deathblow? For me it wasn't and thought it was a strange omission.

Zemst

Oct 27, 2017
I dont understand how such obviously pace breaking issues get overlooked. So annoying. Someone should tweet Kitao about this.

No it didnt. You went into the inventory to read descriptions.
Isn't this an option in the menuto turn it off? I haven't gotten mine yet but I'm pretty sure someone playing the game gave the pic of the options in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.