• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
early game weird enemy spoiler

so i found the headless, which ive seen plenty people die immediately against in preview footage. should i bother with this now, or is this the big "early area souls enemy youre supposed to come back to" guy?

Alric

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone who bought from greenmangaming for USA able to use a VPN to get the game running early or is GmG key pretty much screwed?

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Well the Tunnel Bear JP server was not cooperating (I wonder why?) but I finally got Steam to log in and I am unpacking now. We are getting close...

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Same :( At least we're not suffering alone.

Eating a sadness pint of cookie dough icecream right now
Anyone who bought from greenmangaming for USA able to use a VPN to get the game running early or is GmG key pretty much screwed?
Let's not give up yet. We have the game unpacked, it's just Steam itself that's stopping us.

Is there any conceivable way to bypass this? Even if it meant doing some unsavory things to the .exe, I think it'd be justified in this case since we were unwittingly sold and inferior product.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
also (another early game spoiler)
this arena area around General Tenzen Yamauchi (the one after chained ogre) is nuts. seems impossible to lose aggro from the riflemen and there's no angle that someone doesnt spot me from. very fun (that's not sarcasm)

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Me 2 months ago: oh maybe Sekiro is when I'll finally give these games a try!
Everyone: actually this one is harder than the other Souls games
Me today: well fuck that then

Kevin Shields

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry my post has gotten lost in the thread, do we know what the best console version of this is? How does the 1X version run?

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Let's not give up yet. We have the game unpacked, it's just Steam itself that's stopping us.

Is there any conceivable way to bypass this? Even if it meant doing some unsavory things to the .exe, I think it'd be justified in this case since we were unwittingly sold and inferior product.

Nope. It's a technological impasse: you can't have an IP address based in Asia and launch a game that has unlocked only in Asia and is tied to a licence that is runtime-restricted to non-Asian territories.

ABK281

Apr 5, 2018

I mean technically speaking we're not even really supposed to be playing yet.

Color_Revolt

Oct 28, 2017
So, a friend is trying to use his DualShock 4, but it doesnt work. The gyro moves the mouse, and it is still Xbox 360 icons and so on. I got my DS4 and tested, same issue. Anyone gotten this to work?

Right-Click the game in Steam, select Properties, toggle the Steam Input Per Game Setting to Forced On. This works for DS4.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
What countries does "region 1" refer to in regards to the GMG keys? Just the US or parts of Europe also? If the latter, us US based people may be able to unlock it once it's up in Europe

Ricelord

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
finally got my tracking number from gamestop, game wont be here until the 25th , this gonna be my 2nd and last time i'm preordering shit from them.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
All this talk about the hard difficulty is getting me really excited. Bout to boot up now!

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
This game really plays nothing like a Souls in gameplay and approach. Even in combat, the panic mashing circle button strats dont work here :(

Shinobi hunters are fucking brutal.....

Leplutorius

Oct 28, 2017
First time trying to unlock a game with a VPN... Wish me luck!

I was the same - you've got to email them and say you want to cancel the order and refund :)

They get back really quickly, excellent customer service over there
Thanks for your help people, I got my money back in less than 10 minutes! Now, onto preloading on Steam and doing the VPN magic :)

LordGorchnik

Oct 30, 2017
I have kept myself 110% in the dark for this game as I want to go in truly blind. That being said does this game have any online features or is it safe to play in offline mode?

I ask because I want to play in online if features are there but I was informed this was the first souls game where online wasnt going to be a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.