• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 3925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i am watching one guy on twitch get his ass handed to him over

and over

and over and over and over and over and over

and over

and over again

giphy.gif

Noobiwan

Dec 17, 2017
Any words on how long this is? The small file size seems like the game isnt that big and suggests around 10-15 hours of playtime, but is my suspection true?
If it really is rather "short" (still think 10-15 hours is a fine length), have there also been some mentions about its replayability?

Deleted member 3925

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any words on how long this is? The small file size seems like the game isnt that big and suggests around 10-15 hours of playtime, but is my suspection true?
If it really is rather "short" (still think 10-15 hours is a fine length), have there also been some mentions about its replayability?

IGN said 50 hours.

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
currently doing the curb your enthusiasm gif irl deciding if i want to get the ps4 version so i can play tonight or the steam version which will be better but unlocks at noon tomorrow. i am impatient

VinceK

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So I have a 20% off coupon for psn that I was planning to use to pick this up. Would I be good to go buying this tonight when it goes live so that I can use the coupon?

Feb 13, 2018
Game length is 30-50 hours even though you can teleport right from the start AND its not a RPG, which probably means its on the bigger side. Probably not Darks Souls 2 size, but bigger than Dark Souls 3 vanilla...maybe Dark Souls 3 with DLC.

Out_Of_Ammo

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
CDkeys is saying on twitter their codes will go out in a few hours... Guess it doesn't matter anyway if VPN won't work but I at least want to try :p

Butterworth

Alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2019
CDKeys codes are being released in a few hours according to their twitter.

Dit: Beaten by tenths of a second

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
I've never had anything like this happen before. Bought tons of keys from GMG and VPN'd them early for years.

Doesn't GMG just sell you the same key you would have gotten through Steam? How is this even possible?

The short and sort-of-incorrect answer is that the Steam Store itself uses one licence type while retail keys use another. Publishers are free to region-lock either as they see fit, but in the case of Sekiro, the store licences are region-free while all of the licences used for retail keys are heavily region locked. Consequently, the VPN trick is working only for those who purchased the game on Steam directly as you can't have an IP address based in Asia and run the game with a licence that is restricted to non-Asian territories.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I'm on console, yes there seems like an ever so slightl delay to jumping due to the animation. It's definitely intended.

Deleted member 47076

Banned
Aug 25, 2018
I've finally made peace with the Pro version not having great performance. Now if only I could handle waiting until tomorrow to play it...

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I don't know with From how much length is related to content versus difficulty.
This games time to beat will vary DRASTICALLY with its player base. Like other From games you can literally run by everything to each boss zone ignoring regular enemies, loot, whatever. If you get to a spot with a fog wall you can only pass it by beating the strong mini boss or boss enemy next to it. So if a player is good enough they can bypass a lot of the game by defeating these bosses without any power ups. Good luck doing that though lmao!!

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Man, this sucks. Planned out every element of being able to play this early for weeks, and got screwed over because I decided to save $5 on GMG.

Can't refund it. Wasted time off from work. Have to wait until after every other platform. Unreal.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Two major bad things right from the bat:
-Ps4 controller does not work on steam version
-i have to disconnect my second monitor or the game is stuck at 20 FPS

that's some trash technical work there

DaleCooper

Oct 27, 2017
Does someone know why my PS4 themes are not unlocking for my preload?

I can't find the Hirata estate theme either?

Status
Not open for further replies.