• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent 47

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
So I've changed my PSN storefront to Romania on the PS4 and the countdown timer has dropped by 2 hours. Hopefully I might get to play it at 10 instead of midnight.

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if it'll matter for what you're describing but Sekiro actually has a teacher NPC/training dummy that explicitly teaches you combat mechanics etc.

I'm gonna be into that. I remember basically using the Crestfallen Warrior like that in Dark Souls, particularly for parrying practice. It's cool that From has included a more flexible and obvious version of that role.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Ah, I was afraid of that. There are a few ways to circumvent a runtime restriction, but I don't think it's possible to unlock a game early when you're dealing with a runtime-restricted package, I'm afraid.
Yeah, this is the package that a GMG US key gave me: https://steamdb.info/sub/342190/info/
I'm pretty sure we're just fucked on this
Out of curiosity, I'm not super knowledgeable on Steam's region locking: would the onlyallowrunincountries fall off after 3 months, or am I thinking of something else? Or is my copy of Sekiro runtime locked to US/CA/PR forever?

Kattlauv

Oct 28, 2017
Manila
So, a friend is trying to use his DualShock 4, but it doesnt work. The gyro moves the mouse, and it is still Xbox 360 icons and so on. I got my DS4 and tested, same issue. Anyone gotten this to work?

ara

Oct 26, 2017
An hour or so in and this definitely seems much more manageable so far than early Bloodborne did, at least for me. Deflecting and trading blows feels pretty natural. Came across the first big guy with a massive mallet, no idea how to deal with him though.

Enjoying the hell out of it so far.

Conflicted whether to go English or Japanese voices. For whatever reason, not really into the Japanese VO despite the setting.

I went with English just so I won't have to stare at subtitles. Japanese obviously fits it much better.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Yeah, this is the package that a GMG US key gave me: https://steamdb.info/sub/342190/info/
I'm pretty sure we're just fucked on this
Out of curiosity: I'm not super knowledgeable on Steam's region locking; would the onlyallowrunincountries fall off after 3 months, or am I thinking of something else? Or is my copy of Sekiro runtime locked to US/CA/PR forever?

You're correct. Runtime restrictions expire 90 days after activation.

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
Is it just me or are you supposed to feel a very slight delay after pressing the button for jumping? Playing on pc and jumping feels a bit delayed.
Or maybe bcz I am coming from dmc5 lol.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
Really hope that the game at least unlocks at midnight EST if we really are stuck with these region locked keys. Waiting until noon tomorrow would just be an extra kick in the teeth

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Where's the flame tool that could help me with the Chained Ogre?

In a completely different zone than that fight. Go back to the old man that works on your tools and check his room.
once you've found some prayer beads you can put them by the statue in his room that warps you away to a new zone. The fire is somewhere in that village

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
oh, thanks! did i miss a tooltip for that? seems like a weird thing to not mention. i've been running through every menu trying to figure out how to put this point somewhere
No they don't tell you shit lol
Just keep going back to the old guy who works on your tools and talk to him after every major event. More and more things will become available to you.

neatsaux

Nov 11, 2018
red room
i am watching one guy on twitch get his ass handed to him over

and over

and over and over and over and over and over

and over

and over again

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017

Xbox is giving away a one off Sekiro 1X.

D2MnEsnUwAAycC0.jpg%3Alarge

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So uh...how do you loot people? Because the sen is floating above their bodies but I can't press anything and nothing happens if I distance myself, either.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
i am watching one guy on twitch get his ass handed to him over

and over

and over and over and over and over and over

and over

and over again
Lmao!! That's going to be a lot of peoples experience with this if they go in blind. Which I recommend everyone at least tries to do! Before you know the tricks of the trade and all that :p

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
So uh...how do you loot people? Because the sen is floating above their bodies but I can't press anything and nothing happens if I distance myself, either.
Hold square

What's nice is it loots from quite the distance and it's really snappy. You can clear an entire room then loot in an instant.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Unlocked it due to them moving the release date up in Taiwan, which is nice. Played for about an hour. First miniboss in the first non-tutorial level wrecked me once, but I got him the second time. If you were good at Souls/BB parries, you'll be good at this. I have to go to bed, but can't wait to play more. The swordfighting is fantastic and tense.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
Console versions sound like a mess in terms of performance. I hope From patches inn a 30 fps lock with proper frame pacing.

Status
Not open for further replies.