• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
Am downloading the 300mb through VPN with miserable speeds. Is it confirmed it's not working?

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
I have to wait about 30 hours lol.

tenor.gif

Ketaya

Oct 25, 2017
Berlin
The exe file included is just 1KB in size. Is that on purpose to stop people from playing already or did the fuck up their gamefiles?

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
I am downloading the 300mb update through VPN with miserable speeds. Is it confirmed it's not working?

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Come on nobody talking about the performance on the reviews, this is just ridiculous.. This is Metro Exodus all over again, guess I'll be waiting for VGTech/DF.

Aeferis

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
It's still showing the Pre-Load button to me despite using a VPN.

Closed Steam, launched VPN, connected to steam. What am I doing wrong?

marvelharvey

Oct 26, 2017
5 hours to go, 4 hours to go, 3 hours to go, 2 hours to go, 1 hour to go...

yRXGMNi.jpg

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Mar 29, 2018
I had never played any of the souls games, and I'm very interested on Sekiro because I love the setting and the character design. So, is this kinda like Dark Souls or Blood bourne? Or is it too different from them that I can jump in right away? I mean, this game have it's own identidy? Is it a whole new experience from those games?
Yeah, whole new identity. You definitely don't need to have played any of the Soulsborne games - this is a new series. Sekiro was originally a Tenchu sequel/successor so has a lot of stealth and freedom of movement - which the Souls games do NOT have. This has a lot of onus on "adventure".

What you WILL have to get used to, which is similar to the Souls games, is a lot of really weird rulesets around death, respawning and enemies. Rulesets which will seem confusing, obtuse and punishing to a first-time player. It will take you a lot of time to glue these systems together in your head and really understand how the game works.

But when you do? Unbelievably satisfying. And so, so unique.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Just install the game from the library, I get the "coming soon" message too. So they didn't add the exe file?

I knew this shit would somehow find a way to fuck up, just my luck...

benj

Oct 27, 2017
jesus christ, getting recommended a hundred videos by "Boss Fight Database" with extremely spoilery thumbnails. Why

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I have played through all the Souls games and Bloodborne and I don't think I have ever had as much trouble as with this stupid Ogre. I am now stuck at it for 2 hours. The stupid lunging grab of his seems so broken. It always hones in on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.