• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Yeah I saw lots of people finding other bosses first but I for some reason got to her first. Haven't even found 4 prayer beads for a Vitality Upgrade

On the way to the burning estate, right before you meet with Owl and get the hidden temple key you need for Lady butterfly.
Right before you meet with Owl is a Bridge with a big guy with a metal rod and 2 shield dudes, jump down that bridge into the river, there is a coast on on side on which you can cut bamboo to get inside a cave.
Inside the cave jump up the walls and at the top there is a small house and a super strong enemy (purple attire and blinfolded) , defeat him and go inside the temple house for the raven feathers

cheers, will get it, completely missed that one

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
There was chatter earlier in this thread that different regions have different database IDs for this game, which could mean VPN unlocking won't work. We'll just have to wait a bit for someone experienced to give it a try.
Different IDs usually doesn't matter. It's the different depots (the actual content) that matter.

But we don't know for sure whether it works or not!

Necromorph

Oct 30, 2017
Optimization on consoles?

FS:

images

Oct 25, 2017
Different IDs doesn't matter. It's the different depots (the actual content) that matter.

But we don't know for sure whether it works or not!
Ah, thanks for the clarification.

If the VPN thing doesn't work out, that's life, but the fact that this thing doesn't unlock at midnight or in the early morning on Friday is mildly enraging. I rate this game 2/10 and Fromsoft (or Activision?) 0/10.

DealWithIt

Oct 28, 2017
It's amazing to me that a game this hardcore can draw such acclaim. It really is an incredible time to be a game-liker.

Apr 2, 2018
São Paulo, Brazil
I had never played any of the souls games, and I'm very interested on Sekiro because I love the setting and the character design. So, is this kinda like Dark Souls or Blood bourne? Or is it too different from them that I can jump in right away? I mean, this game have it's own identidy? Is it a whole new experience from those games?

Oct 27, 2017
Playing it on X right now and def doesn't seem 60. Weird because I know the df preview footage was at least variable (similar to ds 3).... and I generally know 60 FPS when I feel it (esp after coming off dmc!). There is no option in the system to prefer performance either. Will wait to see df analysis but am I wrong here Dark1x?

Last edited:

ltr55

Mar 20, 2019
I had never played any of the souls games, and I'm very interested on Sekiro because I love the setting and the character design. So, is this kinda like Dark Souls or Blood bourne? Or is it too different from them that I can jump in right away? I mean, this game have it's own identidy? Is it a whole new experience from those games?

I'm sure you can jump straight into Sekiro and play the others later.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Playing it on X right now and def doesn't seem 60. Weird because I know the df preview footage was at least variable (similar to ds 3).... and I generally know 60 FPS when I feel it (esp after coming off dmc!). There is no option in the system to prefer performance either. Will wait to see df analysis but am I wrong here Dark1x?

Doesn't seem like 30 to me, but maybe it's the aggressive motion blur.

Dark1x

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
You are not wrong. Video coming very very soon now.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
Different game, it has some things like are like in Souls games, like death penalty, no easy/normal modes and fog gates but it plays really different from what I've seen.

In fact some players say that having played Souls game before can make you try to play it wrongly.

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
New to VPNs.
Just tried TunnelBear. Connected to Japan, started steam, checked Sekiro store page and it says 1 day to launch.
System requirments are in japanese the rest is english? Am I doing something wrong, or will it unlock in an hour regardless of what is said.
I can't wait anymore. Fingers crossed for VPN trick working. How will I wait for 1 more day if it doesn't.
If the VPN trick doesn't work is gonna be an awful evening and a unsufferable Friday working day. /:
VPN trick work on steam?
I think we'll know in 30 minutes.
It very likely will. We'll know in 15.
Please post back if you can make the VPN trick work in 5 min. I am getting anxious.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Game unlocks in 5 minutes for Asian Steam Users.
VPN may or may not work yet for those looking to unlock, because of the different stream DB IDs and different publishers the game may not be unlockable via VPN.

VPN stuff for PC

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
VPN stuff for PC:

To unlock the game early via VPN:

1) Log out of the Steam mobile app and change (not to be confused with reset) your password via the the desktop client
2) Download and install F-Secure Freedome (no hard limits, but the trial period expires after five days), FlyVPN (20-minute session limit), ProtonVPN (speed-limited), TunnelBear (500MB data limit), VPN Gate (no hard limits) or VyprVPN (no hard limits, but remember to cancel within 72 hours)
3) Connect to a server in Asia (excluding South-east Asia)
4) Restart Steam (if you're logged in)
5) Unlock the game
6, optional) Switch to Offline Mode to preserve the "Play" button as it will revert back to "Pre-load" once you're no longer connected to the VPN (even if you disconnect mid-game, you won't be booted out)
You need to change your password if you were recently logged into the mobile app or another instance of the desktop client. Those sessions linger for a while and prevent Steam from detecting the IP change; changing your password terminates them.

Edit: As all retail packages are runtime-restricted, those who've purchased a retail key will have to wait until the game has unlocked worldwide.

Last edited:

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
No performance/graphics options is very disappointing. Will wait for the DF video.

Status
Not open for further replies.