• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ABK281

Apr 5, 2018
You can go to your store page and see, the game is counting down in hours now so just calculate using your timezone.
According to the store it wouldn't unlock until 12pm EST on Friday for me. That sucks.

Also, the fact that cdkeys was selling a US version and a "global" version plus the lack of cheap keys everywhere makes me think there may be a specific US version code like that one guy said. A VPN may not work here if that's the case.

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Hey everyone, this is SUPER Your Mileage May Vary, but I just got a call from my local Gamestop telling me I can pick up the game tomorrow evening at 8 PM.

If you pre-ordered from there for the Collector's Edition, call your local one and ask if they are releasing it tomorrow as well.

gamer forever

Banned
Feb 3, 2018
There is a point when difficulty becomes unenjoyable and i worry this ones a bit too difficult. The souls and bloodborne games were tough, but online help was a real great way of overcoming difficult areas. This won't have that and i bet only 10% of buyers complete this game.

Deleted member 11069

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There is a point when difficulty becomes unenjoyable and i worry this ones a bit too difficult. The souls and bloodborne games were tough, but online help was a real great way of overcoming difficult areas. This won't have that and i bet only 10% of buyers complete this game.
Yeah, me sucking is one of the reasons why I'm fine with a bit of spoiler territory.
It has shown me thus far that techniques and the arm attachment you use can make a whole lot of difference when fighting.
(ie the Grapple TO opponent, The Axe Attachment when dealing with shield dudes, that B attack when dealing with Thrust attacks)
And I'm actually looking forward to hearing from "normal" reviewers when it comes to the late game.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
It is unlocking at midnight for me so I am stoked. Next day is a Sunday or if I want to get it tomorrow via Japan VPN, next day is Saturday so I can squeeze in 2 hours at least on release day.

Dec 6, 2017
US
For those who are playing, what's the strategy on this enemy:

The Chained Ogre from the previews. I keep seeing people wailing on that thing endlessly with the sword to inflict posture damage but is there a way to parry any of its move or otherwise inflict that damage faster? Just curious because the game is otherwise so parry-heavy that it seems this enemy would also have a kind of "trick" to it?

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Local store called me at 11:40 PM telling me the game arrived and I literally tripped on my way out in my rush lol. Finally got it!

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017

The Chained Ogre from the previews. I keep seeing people wailing on that thing endlessly with the sword to inflict posture damage but is there a way to parry any of its move or otherwise inflict that damage faster? Just curious because the game is otherwise so parry-heavy that it seems this enemy would also have a kind of "trick" to it?
This was covered in some of the previews, its weakness is fire, which you can search nearby for clues on how to get.

Solaris

Oct 27, 2017
Really wanna watch Lobos or Elajjaz but there's no way I'm spoiling this for myself.

CDkeys pls send key

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I have a bad feeling that because of this whole Region unlock thing, VPN won't work tomorrow. Fingers crossed it will though.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I don't know how much is due to me still not being used to combat, but this is hard, like really hard.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Yep, also set up the NordVPN trial. I agree that this feels like a special case and I wouldn't be surprised if the trick didn't work, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In this thread I'm hearing a lot of people saying the PS4 pro performance is terrible, but Digital Foundry said the Pro version is a "direct copy" of the DS3 Pro performance, and runs pretty much exactly the way DS3 does. I found DS3 to be acceptable on Pro, even testing it again this week to see how it feels to me now. It feels mostly smooth in all areas, and only rarely drops much. There's certainly nothing even approaching OG Blighttown FPS in DS3, and if that exists I think we'll be hearing a lot about it in coming days because OG Blight Town was literally an entire area that consistently ran at like 12 fps. It was no joke.

DF on PS4 Pro Performance (time stamp)

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017

I just defeated it, trying before getting the fire prosthetic is tough, to get that prosthetic you need the bell from the old woman which you can find in the same area, go to the Buddha statue at the starting area and explore the new place to get it, basically just used that skill and attacked it when it's on fire, you can also bait it to do it's ground slam attack which give you a few free hits

Oct 27, 2017
I have a bad feeling that because of this whole Region unlock thing, VPN won't work tomorrow. Fingers crossed it will though.

Isn't regional unlocking the reason VPN does work? Maybe I am not clear on what you're referring to... The steam page doesn't seem to differentiate between different regional versions from what I can tell- it says both publishers (From soft for JP & Activision for US)...

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Interview with Miyazaki I missed and a very good one.
Part of that charm is due to FromSoftware's new group dynamic. With Miyazaki working on the general plot and taking a director's position, the majority of the text and dialogue for Shadows Die Twice was delegated to other staff – producing 'many enjoyable, stimulating aspects' and a base for 'finding the best way of doing things' in terms of future projects. The general change in workflow embraced a new rendering of collaborative story building, but it also persuaded other From creatives – such as composer Yuka Kitamura and lead game designer Masaru Yamamura – to explore 'new stimulus' and their own interpretations of how beauty contrasts with death.
https://www.redbull.com/se-en/sekiro-shadows-die-twice-interview

OP
OP
janusff

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
In this thread I'm hearing a lot of people saying the PS4 pro performance is terrible, but Digital Foundry said the Pro version is a "direct copy" of the DS3 Pro performance, and runs pretty much exactly the way DS3 does. I found DS3 to be acceptable on Pro, even testing it again this week to see how it feels to me now. It feels mostly smooth in all areas, and only rarely drops much. There's certainly nothing even approaching OG Blighttown FPS in DS3, and if that exists I think we'll be hearing a lot about it in coming days because OG Blight Town was literally an entire area that consistently ran at like 12 fps. It was no joke.

DF on PS4 Pro Performance (time stamp)
Honestly from footage I'm seeing DS3 looks to have marginally better performance than the opening area of Sekiro. DS3 felt like 50-55fps and Sekiro (opening area) is looking more like 35-45fps. Just my opinion. Not playing the game personally yet.

I found DS3 great on Pro but check this out. Doesn't seem the same. And no, it's not as bad as blight town Lol. That shit was single digits. This at least seems to be above 30.
https://youtu.be/O7VnsZHhBqo

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
What time can we use a VPN to buy it as a user from Japan on Steam? Can someone add a threadmark with info/instructions on how to do this?

This game needs to be played as soon as possible by user ReliableMerman.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Are PS4 Pros more popular than base at this point?

So many Pro impressions, and I'm seeing nothing about base. Didn't realize so many people had upgraded.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Isn't regional unlocking the reason VPN does work? Maybe I am not clear on what you're referring to... The steam page doesn't seem to differentiate between different regional versions from what I can tell- it says both publishers (From soft for JP & Activision for US)...

Other sources have seemingly differentiated them so we're wondering if Sekiro JP and Sekiro for the west are different entries on Steam. Typically early VPN unlocks have worked with global midnight releases, we'd VPN to somewhere where it was midnight already and the game would unlock. But Sekiro is releasing a whole day early for Japan, so it seems like a slightly different situation than usual.

What time can we use a VPN to buy it as a user from Japan on Steam? Can someone add a threadmark with info/instructions on how to do this?

This game needs to be played as soon as possible by user ReliableMerman.

Don't use VPN to buy the game, that's against Steam TOS. Buy the game like you normally would, preload it and when it unlocks in Japan (about 18 hours from now I believe) you turn on your VPN, start Steam and voila, the game should be playable.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly from footage I'm seeing DS3 looks to have marginally better performance than the opening area of Sekiro. DS3 felt like 50-55fps and Sekiro (opening area) is looking more like 35-45fps. Just my opinion. Not playing the game personally yet.

I found DS3 great on Pro but check this out. Doesn't seem the same. And no, it's not as bad as blight town Lol. That shit was single digits. This at least seems to be above 30.
https://youtu.be/O7VnsZHhBqo

I have a hard time determining how smooth something feels from youtube. I already bought it digitally on PS4 (I have a Pro) so I guess I'll just be seeing for myself when it unlocks in... 1 day, 7 hours, 33 minutes. I made the decision to play on Pro instead of PC after DF said it runs the same as DS3 on Pro, so if that turns out to be inaccurate I'll be annoyed. I'll let everyone know what I think when I see for myself.

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
deem day one patch notes.. LOLOL
The notes are very general. Patch is ~ 3.400 GB.

https://i.imgur.com/E72aLYt.jpg

• made improvements to game balance
  • made usability and performance improvements
  • made a number of bug fixes

Yeah, those were posted in the second page of this thread. Everyone playing the game is playing with that patch installed already.

I wonder how the game runs without the patch.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Can't wait to pick up my Collector's Edition.

In regards to framerate, I beat Bloodborne before it recieved major patches. I'll be fine with Sekiro.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Seems EpicNameBro will do a solo playthrough before streaming it.

Relly love first playthrough reactions.

Oh well, will watch his stream anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.