• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Against rational judgment, the GMG key has me a bit on edge here. My key redeemed as "Sekiro (Region 1)," and I've never seen a region specified like that before.
They wouldn't really go through the trouble of creating different, region-specific versions of the game just to thwart VPNs, right?

If the key's region actually overrides a VPN's IP trickery, that would be a first.

NovumVeritas

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
I just checked steamdb. The JP release can only be bought in Japan. I wonder if it is restricted for VPN use or if you want to play the US or EU version early via VPN.

BashNasty

Oct 30, 2017
Against rational judgment, the GMG key has me a bit on edge here. My key redeemed as "Sekiro (Region 1)," and I've never seen a region specified like that before.
They wouldn't really go through the trouble of creating different, region-specific versions of the game just to thwart VPNs, right?

If the key's region actually overrides a VPN's IP trickery, that would be a first.

I can't imagine that would be the case. I've used VPNs to unlock many, many games early on Steam, and I've never had a problem. I'd be shocked if using a Japan VPN on Steam didn't work to unlock the game early tomorrow.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017

When I look at the Sekiro page on GMG I see this:

nQjBILO.png

https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/sekiro-shadows-die-twice-pc/

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
I think its an issue? Other people think its an issue? Thats more than enough to have valid complaints . From software does not get a pass
I never said they should. Yet, here we are, yet again. We've seen that devs won't care one bit about performance if a game sells well. Because of the sales. Which can equate to "they must not really care that much".

No, they just compare the identical graphics. How can Digital Foundry not have the three versions to make a frame rate comparison video - but IGN does??

Cause more people listen to IGN. Also, if DF says "this version is piss, avoid it", that's lost sales.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017

I hope not, Steam already says it unlocks at noon on the 22nd, if they pulled that AND didn't unlock at midnight it would be very frustrating

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
I guess not.

Graphics-wise, they all look identical to me. It also says they're all running at 4K, which is suspicious and nothing is mentioned about frame rates.

4K probably just means that the game's being output at an upscaled 2160p. The Digital Foundry analysis of the preview footage showed a 1080p pixel count. Of course things could change between then and now, but I doubt it specially considering how unevenly the preview build ran.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I never said they should. Yet, here we are, yet again. We've seen that devs won't care one bit about performance if a game sells well. Because of the sales. Which can equate to "they must not really care that much".

Cause more people listen to IGN. Also, if DF says "this version is piss, avoid it", that's lost sales.
Most devs do care tho, they keep updating their games , especially when they sell. And I keep on complaining about it and other will too .

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Watching the streamers and i am super stocked about a minor QOL feature that hasn't shown up since DS1
The lost and found box for dropped key items was a chest where Frampt always would be, and the offering box seems to also have that function.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Looks and performs. Makes me wish I still cared enough about gaming to build a PC.

I built my first last summer and it's arguably a top 5 decision I've ever made in my life. What a world it opened up!

Also, remember that time Sony released a more powerful PS4 and completely ignored the (then) best game on its platform? Because I sure do.

Superblatt

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
If I just got a brand new Razer Blade 15 laptop with a RTX 2060 am I going to see better performance on there than my PS4 Pro or Xbox One X? I would guess yes but wanted to see what you guys thought.

yellow wallpaper

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
My pc copy from Best Buy just shipped via ups. Looks like I won't be playing till late Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.