• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
47427048811_f7bce4fc2b_o.gif

ItWwNI2.gif

Oct 27, 2017
The impression I'm getting reading this thread is that the performance on Pro isn't as good as it was with the Pro patch for DS3. And that's a bit of a bummer.
Yep. I'm most likely going to wait until they fix it later with a patch. I'm really tired of FROM not putting an emphasis on performance in games that require the player to be near perfect.

Peradam

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Jan 11, 2018
Playing on PS4 Pro, fans are going insane and I'm seeing Blightown levels of poor performance with the framerate. Gonna stop playing and wait for the PC version, this is shockingly rough.
When I played the demo, the console was sitting right in front of me and it was really quiet for the most part, certainly never jet engine loud like the Pro sometimes gets. Obviously completely different builds but it's quite worrying, especially if quieter moments are drowned out.

Is your Pro a launch model or a more recent one?

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So the game releases in Japan at 17:00 CET/16:00 UTC, which means it'd be 1am in Japan? Could it be an hour earlier than that even if they do midnight unlock on steam for Japan?
Still, either way, excited to finally be able to play it sometime tomorrow.
I thought it was 5pm on the 21st in Japan, which would be 12pm EST in the US. I think!
Could Codosbuya point us to the source of those numbers? I imagine some folks will be planning work around this. haha

Dec 6, 2017
US
I mean, at the end of the day my only option is PS4 Pro no matter what. I made it through Blighttown on PS3, come at me From.

Still mindblowing they just absolutely can't get their shit together in terms of performance even on the Pro.

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
Ordered from The Game Collection in the UK and they're now saying it will be shipping tomorrow as stock hasn't arrived yet. Was hoping to get it a day early so that sucks. Anyone ordered from somewhere else in the UK that has shipped today?
I ordered from Shopto and they're normally great for getting a game early, especially Friday releases. They've left me hanging though, not posted yet

Deleted member 47076

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 25, 2018
If it runs as 'good' on pro as DS3 did, I'll be ok enough with it. Just a huge disappointment that they couldn't have optimized things better considering that they've had access to the new systems during development (unlike last time when it was just a fast patch after launch).

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I thought it was 5pm on the 21st in Japan, which would be 12pm EST in the US. I think!
Could Codosbuya point us to the source of those numbers? I imagine some folks will be planning work around this. haha
Its 21st 17:00 CET for the JAPAN unlock.

The Japanese steam page is saying it's unlocking in about 1 day 11 hours but it is still showing 2 days in other regions.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/814380/Sekiro_Shadows_Die_Twice/?cc=jp

I took the time of that post and added 35 hours -> 17:00 CET.

The rest of the world will unlock 12 hours later that date. Check the link on the quoted post to see the countdown.

EDIT: I might be 1 hour off and its 16:00 CET instead of 17:00 for the Japan unlock, can't perform simple arithmetics, sorry.

Last edited:

ioriyagami

Oct 28, 2017
The game has not been officially released yet, chances are a day one patch will improve performance woes...(one'd hope)

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
Its 21st 17:00 CET for the JAPAN unlock.

I took the time of that post and added 35 hours -> 17:00 CET.

The rest of the world will unlock 12 hours later that date. Check the link on the quoted post to see the countdown.
Now the japanese steam page is showing 1 day and other regions 2 days. Maybe there is a 24 hour difference?
Anyways I will definitely be using vpn to unlock the game sooner. Just hope there is preload soon in case you can't download the game using vpn method.

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
fast first impressions (PS4Pro)

-framerate could be more consistent but for me personally Bloodborne felt a lot worse tbh
-has directly this special kind of From mystery but more straightforward storytelling
-fighting is much better than any other Fromsoft game, it has brutal impact and you feel every hit. the mobility is awesome!
-more Tenchu influences than i thought it would have
-map is a sprawling playground to explore and find paths, there is always an obvious and a more hidden path

This makes me feel pretty good. Honestly I'm not someone that framerate has ever bothered. I haven't even noticed it that much in Bloodborne, and never bothered me in BOTW.

The combat is what I've been most excited about and glad to hear it is living up to high expectations.

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Now the japanese steam page is showing 1 day and other regions 2 days. Maybe there is a 24 hour difference?
Anyways I will definitely be using vpn to unlock the game sooner. Just hope there is preload soon in case you can't download the game using vpn method.
This morning I could see the exact countdown so they changed something?
Anyway the Steam shop will be updated at 17:00 UTC so we can expect preload to be ready then.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
so who has discovered the one weird country we can all VPN to to unlock this right now

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
i didn´t play DS3 on the Pro, i´ve had a normal PS4 when it came out so i can´t tell you how it compares.

they should look into a locked 30fps mode or do something about this performance, that is all i can say. first it was ok but there are such drastic drops when there are effects on the screen that it distracts from the game.
That's interesting. Perhaps there'll be improvements in the future, though I wouldn't expect much, or anytime soon. DS3 hovered around 50fps with less intensive graphics and effects. Sekiro looks like it will struggle to get there.

Thanks again for the further explanation, and fun times with the game!

GamingRobioto

May 18, 2018
Exeter, UK
Has anyone in the UK had their order dispatched? Shopto normally send theirs out a day early but mine hasn't dispatched yet, however Simplygames another which often send out games early have them in stock, so I'm considering changing from Shopto.

I wouldn't normally be that bothered but I'm off work tomorrow and will will be able to play tomorrow afternoon if it arrives.

maverick261

Nov 1, 2017
I live in the US and I've never met anyone with one. I'm not sure that's telling of anything. From what you've seen on Pro, is worse or equal to how DS3 currently runs on Pro?

Yesterday I wrote my impressions with the Xbox One X.

This game runs fine on Xbox One. I only can say what I feel. FPS-wise it feels it's between 40-50 FPS. It definitely doesn't run with constant 60 FPS.
Furthermore sometimes there are hiccups and dips. But in general it runs fine on 1X. But who prefer a constant framerate should wait for the PC version.
I will sell my Xbox One copy and change to the PC version because i hate hiccups, dips and a variable framerate but I think for the general gamers it runs fine on the X.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Has there been any discussion on where the replay value is going to come from? With no levels and skills and any customization it seems like it's going to come well short of all the Souls games in terms of entertainment. I put in hundreds of hours into Bloodborne with so much of it just in the Chalice Dungeons.

Oct 27, 2017
Yesterday I wrote my impressions with the Xbox One X.

This game runs fine on Xbox One. I only can say what I feel. FPS-wise it feels it's between 40-50 FPS. It definitely doesn't run with constant 60 FPS.
Furthermore sometimes there are hiccups and dips. But in general it runs fine on 1X. But who prefer a constant framerate should wait for the PC version.
I will sell my Xbox One copy and change to the PC version because i hate hiccups, dips and a variable framerate but I think for the general gamers it runs fine on the X.
Between 40 and 50 would drive me nuts. It's so sad that FROM can't ever seem to get this right.

Has there been any discussion on where the replay value is going to come from? With no levels and skills and any customization it seems like it's going to come well short of all the Souls games in terms of entertainment. I put in hundreds of hours into Bloodborne with so much of it just in the Chalice Dungeons.
NG+ presumably. That's where the replay value in BB was for me because the Chalice Dungeons were straight up awful imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.