• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pey

Nov 27, 2017
Argentina
Any word on the performance? Does it run as smoothly as DS3?

Yeah, very very smooth. And controls with keyboard and mouse are top-notch.

Ooooooooooooooooooo mama! I simply cannot watch those...can I?

Well, it's up to you. As stated. it's the first 30 minutes of the game, and the other one is a boss fight :p

Sekiro is being leaked everywhere ffs

Not leaked. It's embargo date for pubilshing up to two hours of gameplay before certain boss.

Is there any kind of benefit of using multiple health bars for enemies rather than just one larger one?

For real bosses, it means different stages of them (for the ones that do have multiple bars). As regards mini-bosses, you can easily take the first bar (or circle) by doing a stealth or air deathblow.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, very very smooth. And controls with keyboard and mouse are top-notch.

Well, it's up to you. As stated. it's the first 30 minutes of the game, and the other one is a boss fight :p

Not leaked. It's embargo date for pubilshing up to two hours of gameplay before certain boss.

Why keyboard/mouse over gamepad? I think I'm leaning latter but would love your thoughts.

OP
OP
janusff

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
The impression I'm getting reading this thread is that the performance on Pro isn't as good as it was with the Pro patch for DS3. And that's a bit of a bummer.

Oct 25, 2017
man, the game itself...this is the real deal, the combat is outstanding, the whole premise is interesting, the level design is killer. it is even better than i imagined

but the performance is mind bogglingly bad at times
47427048811_f7bce4fc2b_o.gif

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
so how does this VPN trick work exactly , can i download the game from my region but when the time comes use the vpn and launch the game or should it be downloaded with the VPN
How to play early through VPN:

-Buy & Preload the game in your region.
-Calculate the earliest unlock time (17:00 Japan) in your timezone.
-When that time comes, log-out of Steam.
-Utilize a free VPN to get a Japanese IP.
-Log-in to Steam.
-The game will unpack.
-Play.

Notes: Zero risk of ToS violation. You'll have to do this each time you log out until release.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Any word on the performance? Does it run as smoothly as DS3?
From DF look at PS4 pro it runs exactly like DS3 on Pro which is a variable framerate but nothing perfect, other people's experience with the PC version seem perfectly fine. The PC system requirements are the same,maybe exactly the same from what i saw, as DS3 on PC so expect about that.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
The PC version ran at a locked 60 for everyone who tried it.

Durante has nothing to fix. Only console versions aside from the two remasters of souls are the issue.

Well, it could run at 144fps too which would be even better! But yeah, locked 60 is probably just fine.

Gunship

Oct 28, 2017
Playing on PS4 Pro, fans are going insane and I'm seeing Blightown levels of poor performance with the framerate. Gonna stop playing and wait for the PC version, this is shockingly rough.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Playing on PS4 Pro, fans are going insane and I'm seeing Blightown levels of poor performance with the framerate. Gonna stop playing and wait for the PC version, this is shockingly rough.
If fans are going insane I can't even imagine how it is with an OG PS4. My PS4 was already melting while playing DMCV.

coldsagging

Oct 27, 2017

-Log-in to Steam.
-The game will unpack.
-Play.

Notes: Zero risk of ToS violation. You'll have to do this each time you log out until release.

Thank you for this, seems simple enough. I'll be doing this tomorrow 😄

Jamiaro

Jan 8, 2018
Finland
I've only played the for about 20min and the combat is seriously good, right from the beginning! The game is fluid and quite a looker. :)

Dec 6, 2017
US

Wtf? I've seen streams that look fine, various reddit users reporting is runs decently fine and then here it's Blighttown levels?

I'm fucking confused in regards to this game's performance. What's going on?

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Think I'm gonna play through DMCV first and then this, not feeling the wishy washy framerate from From Atm.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
After hearing about these PS4 PRO framerate issues, i'm honestly scared to even boot the game on my base console, once i get my CE (if it was standard edition, instead of CE which is kinda rare now i would have cancel that pre-order). Luckily my PC (gtx 1060, 16gb ram, ryzen 5 1600) is capable to run this game without issues.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
05:00 CET time of the 22nd for the rest of the world.
17:00 CET time of the 21st in Japan.
Gonna VPN the fuck out of this.

-Log-in to Steam.
-The game will unpack.
-Play.

So the game releases in Japan at 17:00 CET/16:00 UTC, which means it'd be 1am in Japan? Could it be an hour earlier than that even if they do midnight unlock on steam for Japan?
Still, either way, excited to finally be able to play it sometime tomorrow.

Oct 27, 2017
Wtf? I've seen streams that look fine, various reddit users reporting is runs decently fine and then here it's Blighttown levels?

I'm fucking confused in regards to this game's performance. What's going on?
Just like Bloodborne and Ds3 there are some effects that tank the framerate for brief moments but nothing Blighttown level. Seems that people forgot that there was a large area in Bt where the framerate was costantly at 10 fps and the game went in slow motion. This is nothing like that.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Ah yeah. Amazon DE finally dispatched my CE order! And even with DHL instead of their own shitty delivery service. Good chance it's at my home tomorrow.

spacer

Oct 30, 2017
But souls games dont have a fast and robust platforming system. Sekiro is so much more vertical and mobile than souls that it would probably be massively frustrating dying because of the falling.
I understand that, but removing the instant-death penalty of a fall removes the need to be thoughtful and deliberate with your movement; which should be an important part of the game in my opinion. If you don't have to think about the jump, because there is little consequence if you mess up, it kind of removes a crucial aspect to the level progression. I'll see how I feel about it when I get my hands on the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.