• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Badgerst

Oct 27, 2017
Waiting to hear about performance on base ps4. Was day one but now concerned.

Thoughts on how long a patch would take to address chugging frame rate?

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
PC gaming wiki doesn't have the answer but does anyone know if this allows over 60fps? Like DMC, RE2, Yakuza Kiwami etc.

Seeing how Dark Souls 3 was capped at 60 and Sekiro is using the same engine (though modified). Most likely it's capped at 60fps.

Waiting to hear about performance on base ps4. Was day one but now concerned.

Thoughts on how long a patch would take to address chugging frame rate?

Wasn't it mentioned that the PS4 Pro is maxed at 1080p and it doesn't maintain 60fps? if that's the cause, I'm fearful for the base PS4 and Xbox One S.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
How would one go about that? It's frankly nothing like Souls. I've adapted relatively well, but there are still things I have to get used to.
I meant that as a half joke, half genuine, since half the struggle streamers to be having is trying to tackle this like it was a Soulsborne

So if you don't have Souls muscle memory and just play Sekiro like Sekiro, you might progress more easily, which it sounds like you are

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
I feel like remapping the controls will go a long way in helping me lose that Souls muscle memory. Gonna do my best to approach combat in this one differently. And I'm glad there is a practice dummy I can use to get my parry timing down, definitely gonna need that.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing wrong with spoiler tagged stuff in the main thread and I appreciate it... I dont mind clicking little things here and there to see them. A spoiler thread is full blown everything 0 tags. I dont want to see everything.

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
This looks to be the perfect combination of deliberate Souls combat mixed with modern action adventure game mechanics that I've been waiting for.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
tumblr_inline_muz2emqq2x1qzqdem.gif

Sorel

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still pretty early in the games, I killed 3 mini bosses so I'm close to be able to upgrade my defense which I can't wait.

The game is mighty hard though !

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
So disappointed, my seller flaked on me after getting me a few other games early. Looks like I'll be waiting till release with everyone.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Don't have enough time to play this at launch, but it's definitely something I look forward to playing in the summer. Haven't decided whether I want to play in Japanese or English, but I feel inclined to do Japanese.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't look like Sekiro is getting a season pass, which is super refreshing. If it gets any DLC, looks like FROM will handle it like they did with Dark Souls 1 and Bloodborne, which I'm happy about.

CosmicElement

Oct 27, 2017
My hype for Sekiro went from like 10 to 100 this week. My body is ready to git gud again. Fuck me up Miyazaki-san.

Gloomz

Oct 27, 2017
Quick Question, and I apologize if it's in the OT, but I'm super paranoid about seeing literally anything about the game.

On what system is it releasing first, like on or before midnight 3/22?

UsoEwin

Banned
Jul 14, 2018
I imagine the Steam unlock time is going to be the standard 9am (or was it 8am?) PST. DMC5 was a such a treat for unlock times, really wish Steam (or rather publishers on steam) followed PSN 12EST unlock for everything.

Garou

Oct 25, 2017
When the game has no stats/levels, then what are XP for?

I really hate the "take away progress upon failure"-concept of Souls games, this game is the same?

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I really hate the "take away progress upon failure"-concept of Souls games, this game is the same?

Pretty sure it's even more punishing. I don't believe you can reclaim lost XP/currency upon death (though I don't believe you lose everything when you die).

There's a skill tree, which I believe XP is used for.

Jul 20, 2018

XP gives you skill points to use in the skill tree. You lose half of your XP towards your next skill point and half of your money upon death. You can't get then back, but there's a percentage chance you won't lose anything. You don't lose skill points you've earned.

Status
Not open for further replies.