• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Jul 20, 2018
I'm not hearing the downgrade in English VA people are commenting about...also I don't think trailers necessarily do a great job with showcasing VA also.

Trailer itself was great.

Yeah, I'm still gonna play with Japanese voices on because I like them better, but I don't have a problem with the English voices.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
At 2:19/20, is that a combination of the axe and flame vent? Might be confirmation of upgrade tree synergies

En-ou

Oct 27, 2017
I'm ready. Just platinumed it last night.
AF67A97E9126C0AA4D06C7C0156276130440C82E.PNG

jrDev

Banned
Mar 2, 2018
Holy crap! Looks way better than Bloodborne! These are the guys that madeNl Ninja Blade?

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Said it before but the animations and moves really seem to illustrate the difference between the single player focus versus designing with multiplayer in mind. So many of your attacks would be so unfair in a game that would have to be fairly balanced for PvP. And the enemy/boss attacks look more intimate, intricate, and in your face, solely focused on dealing with you instead of needing to be viable in co-op

WGMBY

Oct 27, 2017
Boston, MA
Glad to see they're still doing the music-video like launch trailers. The Bartholomew trailer for Dark Souls was one of my favorite in the lead up to this game.

This is also my official point to stop looking at trailers/impressions. I've seen more than enough to know I'm in day 1.

Slixshot

Oct 27, 2017
This actually sold me on a day 1 purchase. I was going to wait, but hot damn this game looks like fire.

spacer

Oct 30, 2017
It's right in line with stuff like the Bloodborne trailer

I disagree. The Bloodborne trailer didn't use a well known song (I googled, but couldn't tell if the song used was an existing song or one created just for the trailer), and it didn't feature any character dialogue. The Bloodborne trailer was much more nebulous and enigmatic, which is exactly what a Souls' game should be. By contrast, the Sekiro trailer felt like a highly homogenized, generic action game trailer. (in my opinion)

Oct 27, 2017
So much for the narrative that reviews were being held back to avoid boss spoilers. Looks awesome, and it's great to have confirmation that the game goes to really weird places.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
I disagree. The Bloodborne trailer didn't use a well known song (I googled, but couldn't tell if the song used was an existing song or one created just for the trailer), and it didn't feature any character dialogue. The Bloodborne trailer was much more nebulous and enigmatic, which is exactly what a Souls' game should be. By contrast, the Sekiro trailer felt like a highly homogenized, generic action game trailer. (in my opinion)
Bloodborne and the Souls games didn't have a voiced protagonist with a backstory and a (seemingly) less cryptic narrative like Sekiro, nor were they straight-up action games like Sekiro

Sekiro is less nebulous and enigmatic than Bloodborne or Souls, at least in what has been shown. A named voiced protagonist (complete with dialogue choices) with a clear motivation. Even the item descriptions are less esoteric

Also this isn't a Souls game

Ramiss

Jan 5, 2018
I was still on the fence, but this trailer definitely sold me the game, pre-ordering right now.

Oct 27, 2017
That's because Sekiro has a story told by cutscenes too and a main character that has backstory.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Fantastic trailer and that shot of the Buddha took my breath, this game is going to be special. As for spoilers I've never put much weight into seeing a Fromsoft boss aside from those which are story related since fighting them is 60 percent the fun while 30 goes to the theme.

Oct 27, 2017
That got me hype. English VA is mostly fine but I think I'll be playing with Japanese VA. I just hope I'll be good enough to finish the game, what they've shown has been great and I really want to be able to see it all.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
No way I could beat those bosses alone. I'll wait for reviews.

Reviews doesn't make it any easier though, let's say the game gets a 90+ on metacritic, would that make you more interested in overcoming the challenge?

Also you shouldn't set yourself up for failure, beating the impossible is the reason why you play these games, the first time I played Dark Souls I had no idea that I'm actually gonna beat it, it's the best kind of experience gaming can offer. A journey that completely depends on you.

Last edited:

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a little nervous about the idea that the number of times you die starts affecting story stuff because I'm going to die....a lot.

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
They kept teasing us with snippets of footage from time to time but now, they blew us away with this explosive trailer!!

Abdulrahman

Oct 30, 2017
Oh man I still didn't play Dark Souls 3 DLCs or even Dark Souls remaster...

I only watched the teaser and the first trailer. I trust From Software!

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm not giving up though, just beat SoS and hopefully the game flourishes on DmD-difficulty!

Should also be noted that the bloodborne trailer was almost 100% stuff you encounter in the first 2-3 areas. But, i guess we have no idea how much content was shown off here, lots of the areas we've seen in the trailers and previews. (and one leak from the early areas that wasn't supposed to be shown in the preview recording). Looks like, mostly, 3 new bosses in that trailer, and maybe that rooftop area was brand new. won't make much sense out of context of the full game.

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
About how early did people get a hold of bb/ds3 copies in the wild? I want to hold on to my X pre order as long as I can before I commit to the pc version.

Oct 30, 2017
This Q1 is killing it... one great game after the another, and I sended Bloodsouls vibes in the last boss scene in the trailer <3

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
User Warned: Inappropriate Language. This is not an acceptable abbreviation to use.
Jap VA it is, great trailer.

Kaako

Oct 25, 2017
Avoiding launch trailers like the plague due to spoilers but I can't wait to play. Perfect timing too right after DMC5 for a change of pace.