• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Does it include Japanese VA? (PC)

Yeah. https://au.ign.com/articles/2018/09/10/sekiro-aiming-to-support-japanese-audio-worldwide and:

4e985f1e-2688-49f7-8ed9-b915435e84c7.png

OP
OP
Masagiwa

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Tempted to watch this but I'm also wanting to be surprised by everything. Are there any spoilers or should I just go in this game 100% blind.

We are so close now, just go in blind. I'm trying to avoid spoilers as well and now that some copies are out in the wild, you gotta up your dodging game.

Bjk1kyB.gif

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Lots of cool footage of more interesting combat arts you can do in the game. The shadow dodge into falling/hammer strike from above was the coolest for me but the slide dodge looked sick too. Too bad you can only equip one combat art per prosthetic, at least we can carry 3 arms in a loadout.
Is that's how it works? One art per prosthetic? In the loadout screen in the streams, it looked like the equipped arts was separate from the arms

semiconscious

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
can't stop suspecting that there will be an 'easy difficulty' patch for the game a few months down the roads. not sure why :) ...

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
The character models in this are so good. Like the protagonist's face looks so nicely detailed, such a major upgrade from the faces in Soulsborne

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
can't stop suspecting that there will be an 'easy difficulty' patch for the game a few months down the roads. not sure why :) ...
Yeah, that's never going to happen. Miyazaki is not a fan of his works being dumb down, he loves that people are going crazy trying to beat them. I mean, if haven't seen on for any of the other titles, not sure why this would be the exception.

But you know, there's likely going to be a trainer for the PC that makes everything super easy.

semiconscious

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Yeah, that's never going to happen. Miyazaki is not a fan of his works being dumb down, he loves that people are going crazy trying to beat them. I mean, if haven't seen on for any of the other titles, not sure why this would be the exception.

But you know, there's likely going to be a trainer for the PC that makes everything super easy.

but the other titles all feature co-op, eh? :) ...

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Is that's how it works? One art per prosthetic? In the loadout screen in the streams, it looked like the equipped arts was separate from the arms
Not too sure tbh, that is what I gathered from the preview stuff I have seen so far. I am hoping there is more to the system or maybe there are other attack skills separate from prosthetic combat arts.

I know there is a move that is activated with L1+R1 but I dont think that is tied to any arms.

semiconscious

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Heh, true. I'm looking forward to not being able to out level or ask for help to beat an boss.

exactly. in the other games, there was always a plan b for when you got stuck somewhere. imo, what with no co-op, sekiro has a lot more in common with ng/dmc/bayonetta (all of which have difficulty options) than it does with the souls games...

like i say - it's just this feeling i have :)...

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
I love how sleek and stylish the combat looks. It's like the methodical deliberate design that made the Souls game so satisfying infused with the stylish player expression of character action

woqmTqh.gif

0OKRFDn.gif

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

I remember the initial release of Dark Souls being more punishing than it is now (Ex. Bosses were patched to give more souls + a humanity + a homeward bone), so there's definitely precedent for the game getting easier over time.

What-ok

Dec 13, 2017
PDX OR
exactly. in the other games, there was always a plan b for when you got stuck somewhere. imo, what with no co-op, sekiro has a lot more in common with ng/dmc/bayonetta (all of which have difficulty options) than it does with the souls games...

like i say - it's just this feeling i have :)...
Well there will be NPC help available or so I heard. May not help much but it's something I guess.

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I remember the initial release of Dark Souls being more punishing than it is now (Ex. Bosses were patched to give more souls + a humanity + a homeward bone), so there's definitely precedent for the game getting easier over time.

Yep and let's not forgot that the curse status effect used to stack in the initial release of Dark Souls, that was fucking brutal...

Deleted member 47076

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 25, 2018
Yeah the plan b is that you have some NPCs that can help + you can eavesdrop to get tips.

No way there's gonna be a different difficulty mode.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
Wait, can you have other weapons than a Sword? At the end he had a huge Spear / Bardiche?!

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
What do you mean when you say hidden? Like just not announced yet, or like you have to beat the game to unlock it?

There is a way to activate it during your playthrough (interacting with certain item) just like in DSII. It could happen without expecting. I remember some people were wondering why suddenly their DSII playthrough become much harder, after they have joined the covenant mentioned above. From are trolls haha.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Read that there are no fashion items and your character will look the same. Is that true?

Im worried we've seen all the prosthetics now. Are there more prosthetic / weapons?

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
Read that there are no fashion items and your character will look the same. Is that true?

Im worried we've seen all the prosthetics now. Are there more prosthetic / weapons?

I guess there might be more weapons and prosthetics. Also yeah,there is no fashion in this game,but if this a major concern for you,I don't know what to say....

Dec 6, 2017
US
I'm so into those late autumn and wintery settings. That winter afternoon sun, the dead leaves everywhere...it all looks so nice and atmospheric.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017

Owl

Oct 25, 2017
California
How does the count for the known prosthetic skill tree add up to all the known prosthetics? If they already have ?'s listed for the unowned ones then I don't think they'll add a surprise one and change the structure of the tree (since it seemed like some branches of prosthetic build/combine with others late into the tree).

I'm actually very excited to see what those crossover/combinations are going to be like. Gonna be a ton of fun.

storaføtter

Oct 26, 2017
I was thinking of waiting on this game as I haven't even played Dark Souls 3 that I pre ordered years ago. Will see how the reviews are and I will probably not be able to resist. I am tired of the old souls formula so looking forward to something fresh without a stamina bar.

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
Haven't watched the video since I'm on media blackout, but I seriously can't wait for this game, March has been awesome for now!