• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
So is the implication that the ninja dash isn't from a skill tree, but from an occult prosthetic? That shadow teleport is shown during the dialogue about discovering new prosthetics

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The entire Uncharted series plus the Last of Us came out in the time that Final Fantasy XV was announced & then released. That still blows my mind.
And then take a look at what they actually released :D But I also think that FFXV is definitely a bad game to compare to studios with a very good dev pipeline :)

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Unlike Dark Souls 3 I managed to resist the urge to watch any of the preview videos. I'm going in blind af but I'm still super hype. Friday can't come soon enough!

Peradam

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Jan 11, 2018
So much shit missing (not updated in a while), but here's a bunch of crap!

Also, a bunch of stuff on their way. F4F Ornstein, both OG and Twin Pack SD. F4F Mimic Definitive Edition, a whole ton of stuff from Prime 1... etc etc.
Sick collection, and I love that REZ 80s cover art.

SoundLad

Oct 30, 2017
Awesome trailer, I like that it's been uploaded in 4K as well. Super clean looking.

So much shit missing (not updated in a while), but here's a bunch of crap!

Also, a bunch of stuff on their way. F4F Ornstein, both OG and Twin Pack SD. F4F Mimic Definitive Edition, a whole ton of stuff from Prime 1... etc etc.

Holy shit man, that's an amazing collection.

TetraGenesis

Oct 27, 2017
Holy fucking shit. That was far and away the most appetizing look at the possibilities of combat and exploration. Even more hyped than I was before.

People who aren't watching it for the sake of spoilers are probably wise to do so. Almost all of it is stuff we've seen before but there are flashes of different skills and prosthetic upgrades that we haven't seen. They look so fucking cool, but if you're trying to go blind that's for the best

doodlebob

Mar 11, 2018
This wasn't spoilery at all, actually. I'm just craving a setting that's more than just the Hirata Estates or Gamescom stuff.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
There are people in this thread that say it's more pure action, it's still an ARPG, it's more Souls like than Ninja like, it's more Ninja like than Souls like, etc.

So uhh, what the hell is it?!

forrest

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I find it so hard to get excited for games these days, but Sekiro seriously has me pumped up. Really looking forward to this on PC. Loved Bloodborne so much I platinumed it. Hoping for an atmosphere and gameplay as engrossing as that!

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
My dick after watching this.
h6I6Vt3014e_qwIzYKyK8FFXrRe8OxRGh1c1PcCwvjA.gif

(It's a Katana blade being quenched.)

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
There are people in this thread that say it's more pure action, it's still an ARPG, it's more Souls like than Ninja like, it's more Ninja like than Souls like, etc.

It's an action RPG, but with a focus on a single defined character rather classes. The RPG elements are streamlined to suit the faster action approach but still look to have a sizable amount of depth with all the skill trees, upgrade trees, and customizing your skill/arm loadout

The essence of Souls is there but more open-ended (ie stealth and verticality), much faster (grapple hook, no stamina, jumping), and more story-driven (a set protagonist, etc)

coldsagging

AVALANCHE
Oct 27, 2017
Looks amazing, cant wait until Friday.

Have any previews mentioned how many prosthetics you can equip? Or can you switch between them all freely at anytime? Hope it's the latter, having to pick and choose would be a pain.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For those worried about the final game not having enough variety in the locations: Don't.

You need only glance at the previous work of this studio to be convinced of their incredible pool of talented artists when it comes to environmental (and monster) design. Be ready to have your socks blown off.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
It's an action RPG, but with a focus on a single defined character rather classes. The RPG elements are streamlined to suit the faster action approach but still look to have a sizable amount of depth with all the skill trees, upgrade trees, and customizing your skill/arm loadout

The essence of Souls is there but more open-ended (ie stealth and verticality), much faster (grapple hook, no stamina, jumping), and more story-driven (a set protagonist, etc)
I'm not getting how that makes it an rpg. Wouldn't NGB or DMC games be rpgs then?

What-ok

Dec 13, 2017
PDX OR
For those worried about the final game not having enough variety in the locations: Don't.

You need only glance at the previous work of this studio to be convinced of their incredible pool of talented artists when it comes to environmental design. Be ready to have your socks blown off.
So true. Also I imagine the enemy designs and variety are going to exceed expectations.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
@Yoshichan bruh, that's a GOAT collection!

PC version of Sekiro looks incredible btw. You can tell the gameplay loop will be addicting and better than ever!
3 more days.

fl1ppyB

Jun 11, 2018

Seems sort of like Hollow Knight to me. Unlocked/Found abilities and something akin to the Charm system in the loadouts and upgrade trees (with maybe more permanence than HK).

Peradam

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Jan 11, 2018
Is there an Era Discord channel for Sekiro?
If there's an Era server, I wouldn't mind a link.

I'm in a couple of Sekiro servers; the one belonging to the group of SoulsBorne subreddits, and the other belonging to a separate Sekiro subreddit. I've no idea why they're separate.

From's press releases describe Sekiro as an "action adventure game with RPG elements" (versus "action RPG" for the SoulsBorne games) and I think it's accurate from what we've seen.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
The more I see of this, the more it becomes clear to me that the assorted different hand accessories ought to be quite satisfying to some of the people who enjoy the RPG elements of Soulsborne. Outside of the grappling hook, I don't think any of them is mandatory for any situation, but different ones are better matches for different bosses/enemy types; so not only can you cleverly correct-loadout your way around some of the difficulty spikes, you can also challenge yourself with a playthrough restricted to just the flamethrower or just the umbrella or what have you. I think it's going to be a blast and it's going to be extremely fucking replayable.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
I posted this in another Sekiro thread, but I think it would be helpful for those "in the know" to discuss why or how gameplay differs between Sekiro, Soulsborne, Ninja Gaiden, etc.

Just saying it's different is not exactly the most informative statement about the game.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Lots of cool footage of more interesting combat arts you can do in the game. The shadow dodge into falling/hammer strike from above was the coolest for me but the slide dodge looked sick too. Too bad you can only equip one combat art per prosthetic, at least we can carry 3 arms in a loadout.

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
I tried to avoid this, but couldn't. And the trailer is in 4K. I've been watching this on my TV, over and over.

Get here now, Friday! I wanna play this and love every minute of it!

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Dont know if this is the right thread but does anyone know what day I can preload on steam? Also what time the game will unlock at? I saw someone mention Thursday 9 pm EDT?

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
Tempted to watch this but I'm also wanting to be surprised by everything. Are there any spoilers or should I just go in this game 100% blind.