• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
This game will show if the Dark Souls fanbase is actually filled with skilled players or crybabies.

No multiplayer
No co-op
No overfarming

Pure skill based game, thank god for Miyazaki.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
This game will show if the Dark Souls fanbase is actually filled with skilled players or crybabies.

No multiplayer
No co-op
No overfarming

I'll guess we'll just have to...

th

Git Gud ™

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017

No multiplayer
No co-op
No overfarming

I mean, it really depends on how the game is challenging the player.

Despite the change in system, there's very little that I can see that is forcing the player to change up their play style from DS.

Sure the parries look intense but you could just as easier dodge and wait it out.

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
This JUST sold me on the game, seeing how its basically a Ninja version of Demons / Darksouls.

Going to be busy with this and The Division 2....

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it really depends on how the game is challenging the player.

Despite the change in system, there's very little that I can see that is forcing the player to change up their play style from DS.

Sure the parries look intense but you could just as easier dodge and wait it out.
Elijaz literally said you can't play it like bb or ds games

Raptor

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks sick, the only way this may approach God Tier status is if it goes all horror cosmic, like that ape boss in reality is an old one from another dimension and stuff.

Please go cosmic!!

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
Looks sick, the only way this may approach God Tier status is if it goes all horror cosmic, like that ape boss in reality is an old one from another dimension and stuff.

Please go cosmic!!
Yeah there is no way Miyazaki and fromsoft are going to tell a normal Samurai story.
I can bet you the game is going insane in second half.

Mar 23, 2018
I didn't know I wanted an spiritual successor Ninja Gaiden game from FromSoftware. Well, it seem like there it is LOL This seems like their most interesting combat to date, at least for my kind of taste. I didn't want to watch much more footage because I trust this game on combat alone so I watched like 4 minutes from this video and yep.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I think due to posture mechanic

The posture mechanics is a cool addition, but if you think about it the way we engage with it, as far as we know right now, just boils down to attack or block.

To clarify, yes I know you need good timing to attack and to block to have the posture mechanic work in your favor but DS has always been about learning timings of when to attack/block/dodge, this would be no different.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Just started watching and yeah, that looks good. Smooth frame rate makes a huge difference for this game.

OP
OP
Masagiwa

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
He showed off so much variation with only 3 different types of prosthetics. The combat has so much potential depending on what skills you choose to learn and what types of prosthetics you will find through the course of the game.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Dam did anybody else notice the snake

Wow

Gotta get this game
I didn't watch all the footage of that part, but I hope it's possible to parry that thing.

I want the comparison I drew to Metal Gear Rising before to hold true as far as your parry goes: You should be able to parry the most improbably massive attacks. It's fine to throw some unblockable moves in there to keep the player on their toes, but I hope From doesn't make every single giant enemy fully unblockable.

Oh we will, when the game is eventually out i expect classic YouTube and twitter post or videos and for "Sekiro is too hard".
"Why no Nijna Dawg mode?"

The rest of the game is gonna be an extensive sewer level below the village
I won't accept this unless that area is also entirely underwater, and the gameplay shifts to 2D bullet hell.

Rogue Agent

Oct 25, 2017
I really liked the tutorial level of Dark Souls, so I hope this one is similar in its effectiveness.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017

No multiplayer
No co-op
No overfarming

This game not having co-op may be the reason I end up not buying it, since I would have been stuck to a point it would no longer be fun without being able to summon in dark souls. Would be a shame.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't watch all the footage of that part, but I hope it's possible to parry that thing.

I want the comparison I drew to Metal Gear Rising before to hold true as far as your parry goes: You should be able to parry the most improbably massive attacks. It's fine to throw some unblockable moves in there to keep the player on their toes, but I hope From doesn't make every single giant enemy fully unblockable.
what I hated about Metal Gear Rising was it became a fuckin guessing game for what was parryable or not. Like ok, this attack I can parry, but this similar attack I can't? I can parry this blade, but this one slices through me? That doesn't feel good, at all. I need to be able to trust in this parry mechanic you built the game around, not worry "oh my timing must be off....no wait I guess I cant parry this attack like the others...oh now Im dead"

Oct 29, 2017
what I hated about Metal Gear Rising was it became a fuckin guessing game for what was parryable or not. Like ok, this attack I can parry, but this similar attack I can't? I can parry this blade, but this one slices through me? That doesn't feel good, at all. I need to be able to trust in this parry mechanic you built the game around, not worry "oh my timing must be off....no wait I guess I cant parry this attack like the others...oh now Im dead"

In Sekiro there's a red symbol that pops up when an enemy does an unparryable attack

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Going to have to treat lightly around the internet for the next couple of weeks to avoid spoilers. Beyond this area we've seen since forever I want to go in as blind as possible.