• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sekiro man vs nioh swordy guy

• Sekiro stomps

Votes: 529 50.8%
  • Nioh man slays

Votes: 300 28.8%
  • Onimusha guy disrupts the fight, and wins.

Votes: 212 20.4%

• Total voters

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The real winner is

latest

I feel like both William and Wolf would be able to take Sam down. Genma Sam vs Living Weapon William would be a pretty epic samurai clash, though.

JJ!

Dec 18, 2017
i would assume nioh dood wins due to having literal gods on his side and crazy ass magic. then again sekiro dood cant die so... idk maaaan

Deleted member 227

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
cm8IJCk.jpg

William is pretty much the definition of Sengoku Big Dick Energy. He single handedly won the Battle of Sekigahara and Siege Of Osaka in an abridged version of the battles where demons like this and this are deployed. Not only that but he is so adept at fighting that legendary masters of every fighting art line up in the afterlife to take him as their pupil and after he learns their techniques he beats them up for good measure too. He has been granted immortality by his own guardian spirit and after he lands in Japan he wins over several more spirits to his side. He has already defeated multiple legendary ninjas (the current and former head of the Iga ninjas, Sarutobi Sasuke and Ryu Hayabusa's ancestor Jin Hayabusa) so he knows how to handle a Ninja. He fully masters both Ninja, Samurai and Onmyo arts. Even after he defeats every single yokai in Japan he's not content and starts descending Hell (all 999 floors of it! Seriously, it's in the lore) to fight his old opponents who has gotten stronger in the afterlife. Wolf never stands a chance, lol.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
cm8IJCk.jpg

William is pretty much the definition of Sengoku Big Dick Energy. He single handedly won the Battle of Sekigahara and Siege Of Osaka in an abridged version of the battles where demons like this and this are deployed. Not only that but he is so adept at fighting that legendary masters of every fighting art line up in the afterlife to take him as their pupil and after he learns their techniques he beats them up for good measure too. He has been granted immortality by his own guardian spirit and after he lands in Japan he wins over several more spirits to his side. He has already defeated multiple legendary ninjas (the current and former head of the Iga ninjas, Sarutobi Sasuke and Ryu Hayabusa's ancestor Jin Hayabusa) so he knows how to handle a Ninja. He fully masters both Ninja, Samurai and Onmyo arts. Even after he defeats every single yokai in Japan he's not content and starts descending Hell (all 999 floors of it! Seriously, it's in the lore) to fight his old opponents who has gotten stronger in the afterlife. Wolf never stands a chance, lol.

He's such a badass that freaking Oda Nobunaga, of all people, just gives up and leaves rather than facing his full wrath.

Deleted member 227

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sekiro. William can't climb up roofs. Sekiro could just randomly sneak attack until he dies. Then kill the spirit lol.

In a straight up fight William would win. He's op

I assume you missed the previous explanations in the thread, but he has a skill named "sense enemies" that literally tells him where every enemy around him is (manifested gameplay wise as a radar with a red dot for every enemy). Wolf really can't stealth his way around this because William knows where he is at any time.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
NPCs in Sekiro really laugh it up when Sekiro is being a dimwit, like when he mentions how he chews raw rice grains and the other being actually weirded out and telling him that you are supposed to cook it. Good amount of humour in there. People basically calling him cute at his antics. He's got agency and can confront them in conversation which i would have never expected from this game and its very much tied to the story. At least when it comes in comparison to other souls player characters you have someone with their own ideals.

Oct 28, 2017
William relies on stamina, he'd get stealth killed and overwhelmed. Sekiro would get the W especially with 2 lives. Snap seed works on sloth I just decided

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
I assume you missed the previous explanations in the thread, but he has a skill named "sense enemies" that literally tells him where every enemy around him is (manifested gameplay wise as a radar with a red dot for every enemy). Wolf really can't stealth his way around this because William knows where he is at any time.
Sekiro has buffs both in his skill tree and through consumables that basically make him undetectable for a set period of time. William gets his wig split from above

KamenRiderEra

Oct 25, 2017
It's still honeymoon for Sekiro and most people seem to click and don't care to elaborate, and if they were, they would see that Nioh wins. And it's hard to see 'your boy' loosing.

giphy.gif

Yeah, I'm not even feeling those badass Shinobi vibes when dying 30 times a row at every boss. "Difficult but fair" is still the catch phrase, eh? Probably applies to any game now.
Watch a good player playing Sekiro.... There are already amazing speedruns. More impressive than the runs of Ni OH. Sekiro guy is a monster in the hands of skilled players.

SephiZack

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I laughed at that poll results. No matter how popular or more liked Sekiro is compared to Nioh, William would beat the shit out of Sekiro.
How can William lose with magic, Guardian Spirits (literally Gods) and diablo-like loot that grant him random stuff like 'unparriable' status.

Even if he gets stealth-killed, William has resurrection talismans (quick-change) that auto-revive him when he's killed or he can auto-revive with the Phoenix Guardian Spirit. Either way, as soon as he revives and enters living weapon mode, he becomes immortal and his attacks become unblockable (and have longer attack animations than however many i-frames dodging can have)

Last edited:

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It's still honeymoon for Sekiro and most people seem to click and don't care to elaborate, and if they were, they would see that Nioh wins. And it's hard to see 'your boy' loosing.

giphy.gif

Yeah, I'm not even feeling those badass Shinobi vibes when dying 30 times a row at every boss. "Difficult but fair" is still the catch phrase, eh? Probably applies to any game now.
Explaining why is too much work.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
So story wise can William die, or was that a gameplay only mechanic? Cause if he can he isn't beating Sekiro man.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
Obviously we need a Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale 2 to settle this. Exclusive to Japan, coming soon on the Playstation Swap.

I'm not very far into Sekiro yet, but so far I'm not very impressed with Wolf. He's failed his master 3 times already, got his arm chopped off, got stabbed and left to die in a fire, and that's just a few hours in. It sounds like he gets all powered up later, but damn if this guy isn't the biggest loser of a protagonist I've seen in years. He's Captain Mulligan.

As for Nioh, I quit that game after I realized I'd spent more time making swords eat other swords in my inventory screen than actually playing. So yeah, William won't even show up for the fight.

Last edited:

KamenRiderEra

Oct 25, 2017
And yet we're talking about the characters power and abilities.Not how a player can speedrun through a game.
Speedruns where there already going under the map and glitching the whole process, Luckily this is a character thread determining who would win etc.
The poster that I quote wrote "Yeah, I'm not even feeling those badass Shinobi vibes when dying 30 times a row at every boss ".... So for him Sekiro doesn't even look strong . I merely saying that high skill play of Sekiro make the character seems like an unbeatable Ninja. And yeah... Sekiro guy would win because of more than one life and infinite stamina.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The poster that I quote wrote "Yeah, I'm not even feeling those badass Shinobi vibes when dying 30 times a row at every boss ".... So for him Sekiro doesn't even look strong . I merely saying that high skill play of Sekiro make the character seems like an unbeatable Ninja. And yeah... Sekiro guy would win because of more than one life and infinite stamina.

I really don't think the lack of a stamina gauge insinuates Wolf literally has infinite stamina. It's actually fairly easy to stun and stagger him.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
People here are insane. Sekiro is the superior game. But William has far more at his disposal. He has numerous abilities that would destroy Sekiro. However if we count in supposed endless resurrection I guess he can't technically win.

But the answer in just a fight is William.

Oct 31, 2017
Just rename the poll, "Which game do you like more?" because none of you have to seriously think Sekiro would win unless you've experienced a debilitating head injury recently.