• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Sega-60th-Site_03-19-20_Top-600x315.jpg

60th.sega.com

【アーカイブ】セガ設立60周年特設サイト

セガ設立60周年特設ページです。わたしたちセガグループは2020年6月3日に設立60周年を迎えました。当コンテンツでは60周年を記念して販売される製品や物販の紹介、セガ60年の歴史、また皆様からいただいたメッセージを紹介しています。

As other websites have pointed out, this time period is usually when Sega FES happens (not happening due to Coronavirus).
Multiple comments online also pointed out his belt seems to indicate it's Segata's son.

Message on the official website also says this:
Hello!! SEGA FANS

Ah! So you've come to this page.

You must really like Sega!?

Please wait a little longer until the site is open. ♪

More details on Siliconera and Gematsu.

Reminder that Segata died with the Saturn, even though he had some appearances since both irl and in a few games.
A Saturn-mini announcement would be pretty amazing, but it sounds like it might just be for marketing purposes too.

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
They really just need to do the Saturn mini. The endless Mega Drive/Genesis collections have been going on now since time immemorial, and the Saturn is always the library that gets the short shrift because it'd rely so much on emulation. Despite the fact its full of bangers of stuff never made available elsewhere like Panzer Dragoon Saga, Burning Rangers, Astal, Dragon Force, Fighters Megamix, etc.

Saturn Mini would be a bit pricier because emulation requires a fair bit more oomph, but emulation of it is great these days.

Its also a great way to finally include Sonic 3 & Knuckles by just slipping Sonic Jam in the library. Special versions of stuff I'd like is a new translation of Silhouette Mirage that doesn't fuck with the games difficulty like the Working Designs version did, and a translated version of Grandia 1 as its the superior release.

Oct 27, 2017
I would lose my shit if it's a Saturn mini. One of my most loved, misunderstood and mishandled systems. No one appreciated it as it was in its time thus it died a slow death 1997-98.

plz sega, Saturn Classic with PD Saga.

But if it's VF related that's good too

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
The legend has returned!

Will gladly take a Saturn mini though--especially if it's handled by M2 again.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was always a Nintendo guy so I missed a lot of obscure SEga classics so I'd be really interested in a Saturn MIni(or a Dreamcast mini for that matter.)

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
I hope he announces he has beaten the coronavirus to death with the power of the SEGA Saturn!

Danthrax

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Northeast Ohio
They should at least put out a Saturn collection on PC and current consoles. It might cost a little too much to sell a piece of hardware with enough power to emulate the Saturn, so putting it on hardware people already own is probably the better route for now.

I know a lot of Saturn games are either short arcade experiences or obscure in most people's eyes, but I think Panzer Dragoon Saga alone would be enough to move units.

Brivs

Creative Director, BancyCo
Verified
Nov 4, 2017
Toronto
My word, this is the best news I've heard in months! My head might explode if they play the theme. Will Hiroshi Fujioka pass the torch to a new generation!?